• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing focused Nintendo Direct 10/5 20:00

rpmurphy

Has there been any mention of a turnip market or something similar? Buying and selling at higher prices in other peoples towns via WiFi was one of my favorite things to do in Wild World.
The video indicates turnip market trading is back. You ask the alpaca lady at the recycle shop for the day's turnip price.

Kouriozan

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames
NkzWC.png

I guess it doesn't even qualify as news, whatever.

And it's been like that since this Nintendo Direct.
And japanese handheld games are really expensive.(or that means Animal Crossing will be sold out)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It should be noted that the actual Animal Crossing price is 4,800 Yen. So, it's first despite being sold out on Amazon and despite the much bigger price than the real one. Get ready for the Bob-omb, Japan.

Hobby

Famitsu has new screens up.

Lots of the info in the article is just the stuff that was in the Direct, but some of it seems new, too, though I could be wrong.

- Can look at and go inside the houses of people you've streetpassed with at the "housing exhibition". Can even buy furniture within their house.
- Play with friends either locally or online at the island.
- Island features numerous minigames, both cooperative and competitive that can be played with friends.
- Island has its own fruit, bugs, and fish.

0IP3s.jpg

6Skp7.jpg

dVUOt.jpg

BLGS1.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201210/11022571.html

RagnarokX

Famitsu has new screens up. Working on translating the article at the moment.

0IP3s.jpg

I like the river path.

One cool thing about this game is you don't have to worry about shop/museum/town hall locations. Museum and shops are across the tracks.

This sounds like the PERFECT Animal Crossing game, holy shit.

General 3DS question but also somewhat related: When you buy the physical version, can you "install" it onto your 3DS so you don't have to have the card in all the time? Or can you only do that if you buy the digital version?

Because lord knows I want this game in my 3DS at all times but I really would like to have a physical copy.

General 3DS question but also somewhat related: When you buy the physical version, can you "install" it onto your 3DS so you don't have to have the card in all the time?

If only!
When they first announced the 3DS it sounded like they might be going for this, but it was only relating to the Streetpass portion of the game, which you can't interact with directly.

Map isn't normally on the bottom screen, that guy just has the map open.

Normally in Wild World, the game takes place on the bottom screen and the sky is displayed on top.

New map on bottom screen is great

Chopper

Map isn't normally on the bottom screen, that guy just has the map open.

Normally in Wild World, the game takes place on the bottom screen and the sky is displayed on top.

New map on bottom screen is great
I'm pleased with the removal of the sky. Gulliver and shooting stars used to stress the shit out of me.

General 3DS question but also somewhat related: When you buy the physical version, can you "install" it onto your 3DS so you don't have to have the card in all the time? Or can you only do that if you buy the digital version?

Because lord knows I want this game in my 3DS at all times but I really would like to have a physical copy.

Tagging onto this, and it's probably more of a general 3DS question but if I have a physical version and decide to buy the digital version does the save transfer or not? Or vice versa?

Tagging onto this, and it's probably more of a general 3DS question but if I have a physical version and decide to buy the digital version does the save transfer or not? Or vice versa?

I believe that Nintendo is releasing an application for the purpose of transferring saves from the retail cart to the digital version.

Hobby

Some new info from scans:

Weed day (9/3):
- Reggie, the gardener, holds a weed day festival when the gardening shop is open.
- Pick all the weeds to get a special present handmade by Reggie.
- Reggie counts the number of weeds left to be picked.

Harvest Festival (11/4):
- Totally different from previous Animal Crossings.
- Franklin the chef comes and will treat you to food if you help him out and gather ingredients.
- Gather ingredients yourself or through trading things with the villagers.
- Franklin will give you a special present when the food's ready.

Christmas Eve (12/24):
- Different from previous games.
- The Mayor (the player), dresses up as Santa Claus to give the villagers presents.
- Meet up with Jingle while dressed as Santa Claus to get a sack of presents for the villagers.

New villagers:
- Frank, male eagle, birthday is 6/1, personality is smug.
- Koyuki, female tiger, 12/13 birthday, personality is energetic.
- Mike, male kangaroo, 12/1 birthday, personality is stubborn.
- Arthur, male lion, 8/7 birthday, personality is smart.
- Tsukasa, female? sheep, 10/21 birthday, personality is mature.
- Lily, female wolf, 3/24 birthday, personality is normal.
- Tokio, male? ostrich, 9/23 birthday, personality is airhead.
- ???, female mouse, 2/5 birthday, personality is energetic.
- Osmond, male koala, 10/12 birthday, personality is smart.
- ???, male hippo, 10/15 birthday, personality is smug.

Dream Mansion (could also be translated, literally, as Mansion where [one] sees dreams)
- Anteater named Yumemi (dream viewer) runs the shop 24/7.
- Connect to the internet and visit other players' villages from around the world.
- Can head to a village based on address, the type of village you desire, or by area.
- Anything that's done to the dream village won't have an impact on the actual village.
- Speak to Wendell (Seiichi) the starving artist while you visit another player's dream village to get a pattern that that player created.

watershed

Banned
Love the holidays and all this new info! An NA release date is long past due.

Edit: the Dream Mansion stuff sounds fantastic. A great way to explore other towns without leaving a foot print. Sounds like the developers really thought through all the new additions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shitty not real holidays and no NES games eventually stopped me from playing Wild World and prevented me from buying City Folk at all.

But this...this looks too good. Plus the digital version is so perfect. Half of what stopped me from playing the original AC was having another game in the GCN and being too lazy.

That subbed Nintendo Direct video is amazing. These screens are amazing. 3D photo mode...amazing.

leroidys

Weed day (9/3):
- Reggie, the gardener, holds a weed day festival when the gardening shop is open.

Harvest Festival (11/4):
- Franklin the chef comes and will treat you to food if you help him out and gather ingredients.

Christmas Eve (12/24):
- The Mayor (the player), dresses up as Santa Claus to give the villagers presents.
- Meet up with Jingle while dressed as Santa Claus to get a sack of presents for the villagers.

New villagers:

Dream Mansion (could also be translated, literally, as Mansion where [one] sees dreams)
- Connect to the internet and visit other players' villages from around the world.
- Can head to a village based on address, the type of village you desire, or by area.
- Anything that's done to the dream village won't have an impact on the actual village.
- Speak to Wendell (Seiichi) the starving artist while you visit another player's dream village to get a pattern that that player created.

I love that they're adding several new things, but this irritates me. They shouldn't double down on all the game mechanics that have been in so far regardless of quality and try to get them to be less shitty. Just get rid of the weeds. They suck. I want a new experience not 80% the same but refined with new animals. I'll just play the GC version if its going to be that. I loved Animal Crossing on GC because of how refreshing and quirky it was, not because I could collect all the things or pull weeds or because doing chores for villagers is so mind-bendingly awesome.

ALL JUST MY OPINION I KNOW OTHER PEOPLE WANT OTHER THINGS FROM THE GAME.

Weed day (9/3):

Harvest Festival (11/4):

Christmas Eve (12/24):

New villagers:

Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Oh so much yes.

Lucky I have the spicy Bravely Default to keep me distracted until this drops.

MicH

I just though about this when I watched the new screenshots: You can finally make paths! Instead of using patterns on the ground as guidelines you can plant bushes on each side of the paths if you don't want your visitors to wear down the grass!

Franklin not afraid to be eaten, Wendell in his pajamas, Jingle tells you to deliver all Xmas gifts, Joan and her crazy turnips, Mike looking hot, Gracie looking fierce as usual, Peely & Phyllis first screenshots! SO MANY NEW VILLAGERS!

*explodes*

Where's my holiday season release date REGGIE! And where's Maple too? I haven't seen her yet. :(

Two new pics from the main site

year_block1_img1.jpg

Like the new Snowman look. Wonder if we can customize him

year_block1_img8.jpg

At least Redd is doing something different

Hobby

SZJYF.png

Site updated with a bunch of info. I'll translate it in a bit, but the one thing I just noticed is the "best friend" registration. If you and someone else register one another as best friends, you can talk to each other even when you're not in the same village together. You can also invite people to your village that are only registered as your best friends.

utKEO.jpg

Oh, and Shizue, the secretary, has a brother, Kent, that works at the happy home exhibit.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/

watershed

Banned
SZJYF.png

Site updated with a bunch of info. I'll translate it in a bit, but the one thing I just noticed is the "best friend" registration. If you and someone else register one another as best friends, you can talk to each other even when you're not in the same village together. You can also invite people to your village that are only registered as your best friends.

Thanks for the info, I can't wait for more translations. I wonder what they mean by "talk to"? Like sending text messages? Letters? Voice chat? I'd love to be chatting with someone while I go about my town fulfilling my mayoral duties of kicking ass and taking names. You can do that in this game right?

SZJYF.png

HOLY SHIT REAL HOLIDAYS. Weed day... should be 20th April, surely? And that chameleon I WANT A PLUSHIE OF HIM. Damn, this game just became my most wanted ever.

I would have been somewhat happy with Wild World w/ bells and whistles, but this is a true sequel. Makes City Folk look like a festering pile.

Hobby

Thanks for the info, I can't wait for more translations. I wonder what they mean by "talk to"? Like sending text messages? Letters? Voice chat? I'd love to be chatting with someone while I go about my town fulfilling my mayoral duties of kicking ass and taking names. You can do that in this game right?
Sending messages, yeah.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
All the new info from the site translated. It seems there's something else besides the Invite thing

Visit The Houses of People You Streetpassed:
At the Happy Home Exhibition Street in front of the shopping street, you can visit the model houses of people you street passed. Any piece of furniture you like you can also order through mail order sales!

Take a Relaxing Vacation on the Island of Endless Summer!
Former Mayor Tortimer, after retiring, is now living on this resort island of endless summer. You can take many kinds of tours and purchase gifts to bring home amongst other things. Enjoy a relaxing vacation either by yourself or with everyone you know!

Visit Lots of Towns in Your Dreams!
When you sleep in the Dream House, you visit an actual person’s real town. You can freely walk around their town and visit houses while dreaming!

Make a Best Friend!
Become best friends with your Nintendo 3DS friends! If both you and your friend save one another as best friends, you will be informed of when that person comes online and even if you aren’t currently visiting their town, you can still talk to them by sending messages!

KK’s Famous Tunes Are Now Club Music?!
Every Saturday night you can enjoy listening to KK Slider’s music at “Club 444.” (Note: Club 444 in Japanese is referred to as “Club Shi Shou” or “Club See Show” – it’s a cute pun.) From Sunday to Friday, during D.J. KK Time, you can enjoy KK’s normal sound with a club music twist!

Say Hi to Far Away Friends!
When using your megaphone, you can call one of your animal friends by saying their name inot the 3DS mic. Even if they are far away they can still hear you and respond!

Swim, Dive, and Fully Enjoy the Sea!
If you are wearing a Swim Suit (they called it a Marine Suit in Japanese), you can swim in the ocean and dive beneath the water. Pay close attention to the depths and you can collect items that you can’t via fishing like special shells, sea grapes, and others!

Chopper

Mpl90 said:
Become best friends with your Nintendo 3DS friends! If both you and your friend save one another as best friends, you will be informed of when that person comes online and even if you aren’t currently visiting their town, you can still talk to them by sending messages!

Nice. Assuming there is no limit to the number of "Best" friends.

This suggests that as long as someone else is online, you can access their town without faffing around with gates, right?

StayDead

That message thing is going to be awesome. Sounds like they're taking the games online in completely the right directioN! :D

Make a Best Friend!

i0rNOsEfoo6CV.jpg

Top Bottom