• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mobile -OT-

MrFortyFive

We'll see how grindy or weighted towards microtransactions it is at launch, but for the time being I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll give it a try at least.

HF2014

Ok. Im impress. It look nice n addictive. Late november is a long way! And i might need a phone to bring it at work ...

I'd prefer a house to a van but that's legitimately my only complaint. Hopefully there's plenty to wander around instead of just several tiny hubs.

Makeda

Looks decent enough for an AC mobile game - cant say I expected or wanted more than that to be fair.
Assuming it's F2P (Micro-transactions from Nook would appear to suggest it is), I'll give it a shot - I do wonder though what could they add to the Switch version?

As someone who hasn't played AC since the Gamecube days I don't really have a great reference point for things that are missing in this version compared to the recent releases.

I'm glad it isn't coming out ASAP TBH, especially considering we have Odyssey dropping this week. Mid/late November seems like a good time.

Hoping the leaf tickets are balanced well from the start

Aleh

Looks fucking awesome for a mobile game, just the right amount of content to feel like AC but not too much to not make a Switch mainline game redundant. This will make them so much money it’s gonna be crazy lol

looks like it will help tide me over till a new mainline game will be announced and released hopefully 2018 please nintendo pretty please

Mik2121

They were not gonna release this anywhere near the new Mario game, Nintendo doesnt have any 1st party Nov games on Switch and I think just pokemon on 3DS so it makes sense

Yeah, I was expecting mid November, so about two weeks after Odyssey. But eh, it's fine either way!

Meesh

I'm kind of Excite for AC mobile, currently I'm telling my brain the very existence of this watered down hullabaloo means they're priming us for a very meaty, AC Switch!
....please?....

Trrzs

I'm so glad that crafting took a big role in this game, I hope they add this option in the new Switch game. Find materials and build your furniture will be more fun than just make money and buy them. This game looks great, a full mobile experience, can wait to play and be more exciting waiting for the Switch version.

nikos

Looks good. Hopefully it's fun to play. Late November is fine, it's going to be glorious on the iPhone X.

starmud

i don't mind farming but im awful at mobile games that enforce silly time blocks like 70 hours to build a damn pool.

heres hoping tickets aren't that expensive.

Alastor3

I'm well aware. That doesn't help the case at all.

I don't get your complaint... you can build your camp, customise your van, collect things, make friendship with villagers.... that's all you can do in a normal animal crossing game, no? It's just build stuff and collect stuff with nice chat with AI if you simplify.

Falchion

i don't mind farming but im awful at mobile games that enforce silly time blocks like 70 hours to build a damn pool.

heres hoping tickets aren't that expensive.

Yeah, hopefully they're a hell of a lot cheaper than the FE Heroes orbs.

HF2014

Those who want the site info directly, pretty happy ill be able to play it in french.

What kind of game is Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp?
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is a game about exploring nature, making friends, and collecting cool items to help you create the campsite of your dreams!
Can I play Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp for free?
Yes, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is available as a free download.

You can play the game for free, but you can also purchase in-game items called Leaf Tickets using real money.

Note: You can also acquire Leaf Tickets for free.

Note: An Internet connection is required to play Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. *Cellular data charges may apply.
How old do you have to be to play?
People of all ages can play this game.
Which devices are supported?
iOS users:
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is supported on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad devices running iOS 9.0 or newer. Note: This does not include iPhone 4S/5/5c, iPad 2/3rd Generation/4th Generation/mini, and iPod Touch 5th Generation.

Android users:
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is supported on Android OS 4.2 or newer. Note: Some devices may not be supported.
What languages are supported?
There are nine planned language options: English (US), English (Europe/Australia), French (Canada), French (Europe), Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Europe), Italian, German, and Japanese.

I thought this looked great. A real Animal Crossing game on mobile. A lot of people are complaining about the amenities timer but... How often did you get instant access to public works projects in New Leaf? Usually they took multiple days to pay off, and here we're waiting multiple days for them to be built. No biggie.

I won't feel compelled to spend a dime. Unless I love the game, and then I might just to make sure Nintendo keeps showing some love to mobile gamers.

Drain You

I'm really liking this so far. I'm actually kind of excited about having something different than a house for once, seems like a nice change of pace. Hopefully microtransactions aren't too bad. Even if they are though, that's what Google Rewards Money is for :)

Rockman

I'm not a big smart phone\tablet game person because I prefer physical controls, but this suits those platforms. Looks promising will check it out when available.

Camjo-Z

I like that it plays like a full fledged Animal Crossing game, now the only question is how bad the microtransactions and wait timers are.

Owari

Those who want the site info directly, pretty happy ill be able to play it in french.

What kind of game is Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp?
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is a game about exploring nature, making friends, and collecting cool items to help you create the campsite of your dreams!
Can I play Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp for free?
Yes, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is available as a free download.

You can play the game for free, but you can also purchase in-game items called Leaf Tickets using real money.

Note: You can also acquire Leaf Tickets for free.

Note: An Internet connection is required to play Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. *Cellular data charges may apply.
How old do you have to be to play?
People of all ages can play this game.
Which devices are supported?
iOS users:
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is supported on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad devices running iOS 9.0 or newer. Note: This does not include iPhone 4S/5/5c, iPad 2/3rd Generation/4th Generation/mini, and iPod Touch 5th Generation.

Android users:
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is supported on Android OS 4.2 or newer. Note: Some devices may not be supported.
What languages are supported?
There are nine planned language options: English (US), English (Europe/Australia), French (Canada), French (Europe), Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Europe), Italian, German, and Japanese.
Thanks, added to OP

Top Bottom