• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mobile -OT-

Bro. BRO. This sounds like EXACTLY what I've been waiting for to happen on mobile.

Even though in the end it'll likely be what you can expect by today's standard, that trailer just OOZED personality.

They' didn't even made any effort to hide the microtransactions - heck they ran with it the full way (to quote EZA's reaction stream: "Get Nooked.")

I am totally down for this, a month away seems unbelievable!

Chopper

How freely available are leaf tickets to earn, i.e. can I go around and keep doing things endlessly to earn them or can I only do x amount of things before waiting to earn more? how many do you earn each time?
They're pretty readily available at the start, but I can see supplies drying up once I've finished a load of these missions. I would spend them wisely. I, on the other hand, just sounded 250 of them on KK Slider's Stool. :/

Robin64

jRhN2PY.jpg

peetfeet

They're pretty readily available at the start, but I can see supplies drying up once I've finished a load of these missions. I would spend them wisely. I, on the other hand, just sounded 250 of them on KK Slider's Stool. :/

Hmm ok, jury is still out then. I wish they'd do a paid version too, if they did I'd snap it up, I'm squarely on the fence right now.

Raimond

I stayed up to check out the direct, well was already up, but man quickly hot bored. Not the Animal Crossing I remember. But I'll check it out still.

Lelou

Someone know if the save file is region locked by the region?
If they will put the eu/usa version i will be able to play it ?

oipic

By any chance, could you tell me the size (I suppose it's up for change though but still) and whether or not you can move it to the SD card?
My phone has a really small storage space so if a large game can't be played from SD card I usually won't be able to play.

I can't shed any light on SD card storage, sorry, as I don't have a card to move it to (only 32GB on-board).

The initial Play Store download was ~30MB, with another ~70MB downloaded in-game after opening it the first time; it has since performed a further ~80MB download, at the completion of the 'tutorial' of sorts, which unlocked additional areas.

I've only been able to play for an hour or so, and haven't seen anything like all the content, or visited all the areas available, so I can't say for sure if there are any further downloads to come. The store page itself doesn't list a size for the game (yet).

Shoyz

Hmm ok, jury is still out then. I wish they'd do a paid version too, if they did I'd snap it up, I'm squarely on the fence right now.

The only things at launch, as far as I can tell from my short time with it, that are gated behind the tickets are two unlockable crafting slots (for saving a significant amount of time, I'd consider these essential) which cost a total of 160 tickets, as well as the two limited availability chairs for KK and Nook which cost 250 tickets each, although having bought Nook it doesn't seem to be anything other than a camp decoration.

From the first few hours of gameplay I was, for context, able to earn enough to purchase a chair and one crafting slot, or 330 tickets from many of the one-use missions. Having exhausted most of them, what remains (aside from the handful of missions left which annoyingly include multiple missions that involve spending tickets) is the 10 tickets you get per level-up, which IIRC based on the trailer will end up being at least 500+ additional free tickets, if not nearly 1000 or more depending on if the level cap is 99 or higher.

After that is the piddling daily login bonuses, if I'm not forgetting anything. This is of course without paying a cent, if you were willing to pump in the cost of a 3DS game ($40) you'd get a bundle of 1200 tickets.

In the future I'm sure they'll add more ticket-only decorations but the core gameplay after you've unlocked the crafting slots seems incredibly accessible without spending a penny so long as you aren't obsessive about obtaining every single decoration they wind up adding. No reason to sit on the fence. Beyond that, tickets seem to only serve as a way to skip timers, and waiting real time is already a core animal crossing gameplay mechanic.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
any word on iOS cloud saving for this?

if someone has it installed , can they take a look? want to know how getting a phone upgrade affects your save

Meier

If I download the Australian game, would it work without interruption once the American version came out? I've never done this sort of thing. My wife doesn't want to have to start over potentially.

My ID: 6956 6095 327

For anyone else asking, just get the Australian version from QooApp, register an AU account (just to keep the data saved) the same way you would for the Switch and you are all set!

Glad I didn't have to wait until late November.

So far I noticed you can only buy the leaf tickets for about the same price as you could buy the orbs in Fire Emblem? That really it? Pretty good if so.

mantidor

THERE'S STILL AN IMAGINE OF CRASH BANDICOOT FUCKING HIS SISTER IN THIS THREAD.

OMG lol

Thanks for mobile I guess, I only loaded the images on the OP ( and they are broken for me, mobile has its hiccups :p)

So you are a camper... Is there *any* hope you will be able to camp in actual towns in New Leaf in the future? That would be dope.

So you are a camper... Is there *any* hope you will be able to camp in actual towns in New Leaf in the future? That would be dope.

I think at this point New Leaf is pretty much done as the Amiibo update, while a very nice extra thing. Was a big bolt on, think adding much more would be awkward.

That said I am hoping part of this is a trial of features like visible friendship levels so I can see how well I'm doing with villagers. I know a lot of people where were pro at getting pictures and a good relationship with their villagers but I always got frustrated that it seemed like I wasn't getting anywhere with my villagers. Something that says "hey this had a good/bad effect" would be awesome.

If this leads to a new Switch AC with features like that, I'll be a happy mayor/camp manager/homeowner

I'm actually really surprised by this game. It looks like a fun little, contained Animal Crossing game with RPG questing. I didn't expect this at all. All the new mechanics look fantastic. I really hope the net and honey carry over to the Switch title!

Top Bottom