• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mobile -OT-

Westraid

I can't shed any light on SD card storage, sorry, as I don't have a card to move it to (only 32GB on-board).

The initial Play Store download was ~30MB, with another ~70MB downloaded in-game after opening it the first time; it has since performed a further ~80MB download, at the completion of the 'tutorial' of sorts, which unlocked additional areas.

I've only been able to play for an hour or so, and haven't seen anything like all the content, or visited all the areas available, so I can't say for sure if there are any further downloads to come. The store page itself doesn't list a size for the game (yet).

Ahh thanks a lot! My phone only has 8GB internal and most of that is used for mandatory apps I didn't ask for. Think I should be okay with these sizes, even if it increases. No issue at all if I could install it to the SD card, but I'll wait and see for the release about that. Appreciate the info!

Gurrry

Wow so it seems like they made something that everyone wanted? Im honestly kind of shocked. I was considering another Mario Run situation. Good on Nintendo for nailing it this time!

Will download!

Wait, people are giving impressions and friend codes? When does this release for android? I still need to read the rest of the thread I know, but I forgot about this from last night cause I went out.

Aleh

Wait, people are giving impressions and friend codes? When does this release for android? I still need to read the rest of the thread I know, but I forgot about this from last night cause I went out.
It’s only out in Australia but you can easily get the apk for Android or make an australian iTunes account for iOS

I'm surprised how easy it is to download and play on Android. I'm hesitant to get too into it right now pre-launch, but it is pretty neat so far!

I've always wanted to get into Animal Crossing. I came real close to buying the last one on 3DS but the store didn't have it (this was when it was crazy popular).

This mobile version looks perfect! I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

M-PG71C

This is going to be bad, an AC game I can play anywhere at anytime? Yep, this will be my mobile game for the next year holy shit.

Sioul

Ahh thanks a lot! My phone only has 8GB internal and most of that is used for mandatory apps I didn't ask for. Think I should be okay with these sizes, even if it increases. No issue at all if I could install it to the SD card, but I'll wait and see for the release about that. Appreciate the info!

I have the app in my SD (install there by default) and it is using 329 MB

Will the progress in this carry over to the official launch in US?

I think that you need to change your Nintendo Account to Australia -> Link -> (wait for the game to be released in US) -> change the country to US in your Nintendo Account. At least in the common questions it says that after your account is linked you can change your country

icam_17

I am so stoked for this! I've never tried AC before, so I'm pumped to get it on my phone and then eventually (please) Switch!

I was hype. Then I saw that KKs and Tom Nooks chairs cost 250 tickets each and felt bothered. I think I'll pass until there's info on just how long it would take to amass that amount of tickets without paying.

Shoyz

I was hype. Then I saw that KKs and Tom Nooks chairs cost 250 tickets each and felt bothered. I think I'll pass until there's info on just how long it would take to amass that amount of tickets without paying.

The beginner missions 'stretch goals' will get you to 250 almost immediately, but the two chairs are nothing but decorations. Tom Nook just repeats the same exact generic message every time I talk to him, can't friend him or anything, and is just perpetually asleep. Maybe KK does something interesting.

mantidor

Wow so it seems like they made something that everyone wanted? Im honestly kind of shocked. I was considering another Mario Run situation. Good on Nintendo for nailing it this time!

Will download!

Im not really sure I wanted this. AC is the perfect game to exploit people into expending insane amounts of money in decorations, it was the original "Facebook/mobile game" before those were even born, so I don't know, I hate the free to play model, Super Mario Run is the perfect balance in that regard, and I'd prefer to pay an entry fee that gives me access to most of the stuff than this tickets,it all depends on the implementation.

The beginner missions 'stretch goals' will get you to 250 almost immediately, but the two chairs are nothing but decorations. Tom Nook just repeats the same exact generic message every time I talk to him, can't friend him or anything, and is just perpetually asleep. Maybe KK does something interesting.

I went back into the app and the charm pulled me in. Why must you give me such feels Nintendo??

Friend ID: 15005020811

Shoyz

I bought out the clothing at Mabel's for completion sake, and after I tried on the skirt I bought discovered that there's no way to take it off, there's no going back to the default shorts it seems..

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Lvl 10 come at me bro
1 10 hour timer
2 6 hour timer
All villagers are behind timers no missions
Fruit behind 2 hour timer
No point in fish or bugs or shells inv is full.
Forced to spend real money to speed up and get more missions.

I am out F2P is fucking trash.
I would spend 50 blind on this game if it was premium without f2p trash.

What a shame

Shoyz

Lvl 10 come at me bro
1 10 hour timer
2 6 hour timer

What a shame

I'm a bit lost on why people are complaining about timers in an Animal Crossing game?

(According to AC wiki, haven't played in years)

Mainline Animal Crossing: Days/weeks to find a non-native fruit, 3 days to grow tree, 3 more days to grow fruit, 3 days to regrow fruit each harvest and having to start next set of trees from scratch.
Mobile Animal Crossing: Hours long timer for regrowing all fruit, trees given at start.

Building an amenity on Mobile: ~12 hours.
Building a Public Works building in New Leaf: Up to an entire week

Remodel your house in Mainline: Come back tomorrow.
Remodel your camper in Mobile: Instant(?)

That's to say nothing of the amazingly fun (/s) time I had starting New Leaf at the midnight launch, where after I finished the tutorial I found myself stuck in a town that had gone to sleep, had no shops open, had no tools, and about nothing to actually do. To then spend the next week or so praying for RNG to grant me the tools I need at Nook's, and not yet another Slingshot.

I'm against cheating and so this mobile version of AC is incredibly generous with the timers not only for a free to play game, but for AC games in general if I'm not mistaken?

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Lvl 10 come at me bro
1 10 hour timer
2 6 hour timer

What a shame

lol? Animal Crossing has literally always been about timers, real time, waiting, etc. Now that it's on a mobile phone it's suddenly trash?

I'm a bit lost on why people are complaining about timers in an Animal Crossing game?

Mainline Animal Crossing: Days/weeks to find a non-native fruit, 3 days to grow tree, 3 more days to grow fruit, 3 days to regrow fruit each harvest and having to start next set of trees from scratch.
Mobile Animal Crossing: Hours long timer for regrowing all fruit, trees given at start.

That's to say nothing of the amazingly fun (/s) time I had starting New Leaf at the midnight launch, where after I finished the tutorial I found myself stuck in a town that had gone to sleep, had no shops open, had no tools, and about nothing to actually do. To then spend the next week or so praying for RNG to grant me the tools I need at Nook's, and not yet another Slingshot.

I'm against cheating and so this mobile version of AC is incredibly generous with the timers not only for a free to play game, but for AC games in general if I'm not mistaken?

This

Raven77

Curious to see how it toes the line between F2P and a full-fledged release. If it's more akin to a full AC release, I'm not so sure they'll bother releasing AC on the Switch.

Either way, looking forward to checking this out!

I'm also really curious about this. The fact that they are releasing this could mean that we may be in for a few big surprises with the switch game, maybe some big changes.

eyesradar

So much this...apparently people saw "micro-transactions" and lost their shit...
The main series of AC games are always time-tighted...why do you want to rush the end? There's no win in the game lol.

TheGrizz

Can someone please confirm this for me?

I have a US Nintendo account. If I change region to AUS, will this mess up me playing Super Mario Odyssey on my US Switch? I'm going to be playing a physical version.

Will I then be tied to the AUS e-shop on my switch as well?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

Consoles have time scumming

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Downloaded it through a fake Australian iTunes account, but now I can't link it with my US My Nintendo account. That normal? Is there a workaround?

-GJ-

Downloaded it through a fake Australian iTunes account, but now I can't link it with my US My Nintendo account. That normal? Is there a workaround?

Just don't login. Wait for it to come out in the US and then link it to your Nintendo account.

Here's my code if anybody wants to be friends: 9422 4579 986

mazillion

Hmmm.

I managed to log on and start earlier but now I'm getting communication errors after I 'tap to start'. It's happening on both cell and wi-fi.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Lootboxes and timers 🤔
Well its a free game.
Will prob try it day one and see how much i am pushed to buy with real money..

On one side you are not paying $39-60 spit would be fair if to enjoy a game you kind of had to pay as much in micro transactions on the other side the notion of downloading a complete game and not being able to expect to enjoy it fully without paying extra is to me much more annoying (as I would pr get to pay upfront).

I do not believe it is sustainable to only rely on very few high spending whales, so to reduce risk (it is alsways nice to remember the obvious, i.e.: the company cannot make money until you start using the product) you need to have more people paying and if they are having plenty of fun without buying the tickets... why buy them? This game is essentially offering what a normal AC game is expected to offer but using consumable items you can purchase to make use of some of those features.

Of course I will download it ;)... does it really have to be online only again?!? Bummer for tube rides...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
lol? Animal Crossing has literally always been about timers, real time, waiting, etc. Now that it's on a mobile phone it's suddenly trash?

Some of the comments are just silly. I'm guessing there's a bunch of people who have never played AC before. "OMFG I HAVE TO WAIT? WHAT IS THIS THIS GAME SUCKS MOBILE TRASH"

Owari

So I’m totally in love with this game. My phone drained good 170% today. Amazing. Never ran out of stuff to do.

The only problem I have is the region shit. Come on Nintendo, you’re gonna blow all the hype for your new game out and people can’t even pay you for it? Cmon.

has anyone had any luck buying an AU iTunes gift card to make purchases from outside of Australia?

Nesther

This is my favorite Nintendo mobile game yet. The visuals are topnotch and everything loads smoothly and quickly (especially compared to early Miitomo), they translated the classic AC controls very well to a touch screen and most importantly it's just fun to do AC errands with an added progression system/carrot-on-a-stick.

Now I really hope my progress stays and that I can get my SO to give it a go as well once the full release hits the app store.

Top Bottom