• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mobile -OT-

Shoyz

Consoles have time scumming

Yes but that was why I mentioned being against cheating, and is not how the game was meant to be played. At that point anybody complaining isn’t doing so against timers but complaining that they can’t cheat in an extremely generous mobile game.

darkziosj

Yes but that was why I mentioned being against cheating, and is not how the game was meant to be played. At that point anybody complaining isn’t doing so against timers but complaining that they can’t cheat in an extremely generous mobile game.

All mobile games are extremely generous in the beginning, at some point you will stop receiving "tickets" and so you will have to buy them or play a VERY limited version of the game, aka no cool objets, farm stuff for weeks, VERY LONG time walls etc, so it's not like they are "extremely generous" it's just classic mobile stuff, im enjoying the game for the time being, but after i hit that wall i'll probably move on.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
All mobile games are extremely generous in the beginning, at some point you will stop receiving "tickets" and so you will have to buy them or play a VERY limited version of the game, aka no cool objets, farm stuff for weeks, VERY LONG time walls etc, so it's not like they are "extremely generous" it's just classic mobile stuff, im enjoying the game for the time being, but after i hit that wall i'll probably move on.
I almost hit that wall.
Level 16
Very few tickets left..
At least i got that dope fire print truck for 150
No way of getting it with money:(
I think i can play another day and poof no more game.

Drain You

Just reached level 11, finally going to start dedicating some time to making my RV into a tour bus, going to have a natural looking campsite in the middle, then a nice grilling area off to the left.

Shoyz

Generous in terms of timers compared to mainline. Obviously tickets will dry up but if the only non-speedup use for them are a handful of unnecessary decorations (which you can still slowly earn), I'd say that's extremely generous. Playing it like a regular AC game it's got way more meat to it in a session.

I'm a bit lost on why people are complaining about timers in an Animal Crossing game?

(According to AC wiki, haven't played in years)

Mainline Animal Crossing: Days/weeks to find a non-native fruit, 3 days to grow tree, 3 more days to grow fruit, 3 days to regrow fruit each harvest and having to start next set of trees from scratch.
Mobile Animal Crossing: Hours long timer for regrowing all fruit, trees given at start.

Building an amenity on Mobile: ~12 hours.
Building a Public Works building in New Leaf: Up to an entire week

Remodel your house in Mainline: Come back tomorrow.
Remodel your camper in Mobile: Instant(?)

That's to say nothing of the amazingly fun (/s) time I had starting New Leaf at the midnight launch, where after I finished the tutorial I found myself stuck in a town that had gone to sleep, had no shops open, had no tools, and about nothing to actually do. To then spend the next week or so praying for RNG to grant me the tools I need at Nook's, and not yet another Slingshot.

I'm against cheating and so this mobile version of AC is incredibly generous with the timers not only for a free to play game, but for AC games in general if I'm not mistaken?

I think it feels a little different though when those time-gates have a nice little 'spend money now to remove this!' prompt behind them.

Also, while I actually am personally in the no-time-travelling club, it's true that there are a lot of people who don't consider it cheating at all and it's how they choose to play the game.

Echonov

Neo Member
I'm wondering are the villagers randomized or maybe pre-selected based on your initial style choice?
I chose Natural and here are my contacts at level 4:
9Bj5lJi.jpg

I got the feeling from the start that villagers are not randomized since I got the same ones they showed in the direct. It's pretty sad actually. I can deal with playing around in the same static locations for specific purposes, but it would've been nice to at least have unique villagers show up for different players.

There's also the fact that with the crafting system everyone had the same stuff available to them at a given level. This also kills the trading and collection aspect of traditional AC. There's a lot less point in seeing what other players have for sale when it's just "oh but I could craft that anyway" (if I grind/fork out the cash to do it). It just ends up feeling like everyone's grinding on the same treadmill and the only differentiation of the game experience is what furniture you decide to craft.

This is a fun thing to play around with in my downtime, and on the surface it's like "wow, this is like a real animal crossing game, or at least way closer than I expected for a mobile game!" It's just certain design choices like these really take away from that sense of having a unique place and emergent game experience of your own, and seem more aimed at getting us to fork out the bucks to get that cool thing. I guess that's what we expected though.

Rodolink

I'm a bit lost on why people are complaining about timers in an Animal Crossing game?

(According to AC wiki, haven't played in years)

Mainline Animal Crossing: Days/weeks to find a non-native fruit, 3 days to grow tree, 3 more days to grow fruit, 3 days to regrow fruit each harvest and having to start next set of trees from scratch.
Mobile Animal Crossing: Hours long timer for regrowing all fruit, trees given at start.

Building an amenity on Mobile: ~12 hours.
Building a Public Works building in New Leaf: Up to an entire week

Remodel your house in Mainline: Come back tomorrow.
Remodel your camper in Mobile: Instant(?)

That's to say nothing of the amazingly fun (/s) time I had starting New Leaf at the midnight launch, where after I finished the tutorial I found myself stuck in a town that had gone to sleep, had no shops open, had no tools, and about nothing to actually do. To then spend the next week or so praying for RNG to grant me the tools I need at Nook's, and not yet another Slingshot.

I'm against cheating and so this mobile version of AC is incredibly generous with the timers not only for a free to play game, but for AC games in general if I'm not mistaken?

This AC mobile is for you then. But not for traditional old AC players, it removes that "feeling" of another world with its own timing, even if it was sometimes excesive. But the mobile version with its F2P model just kills the magic for me, now I feel I'm playing to make someone else get money, just like work but without pay (I feel like that for every F2P game).

Shoyz

This AC mobile is for you then. But not for traditional old AC players, it removes that "feeling" of another world with its own timing, even if it was sometimes excesive. But the mobile version with its F2P model just kills the magic for me, now I feel I'm playing to make someone else get money, just like work but without pay (I feel like that for every F2P game).

I've been playing AC since its original release on Gamecube. I wasn't saying that traditional Animal Crossing is bad, or that the timers were excessive (I simply played it very casually), I was just pointing out my lack of understanding on all the complaints about the existence of timers in a mobile Animal Crossing game when the mainline games had far harsher ones, they're just far more transparent about it here (and willing to profit on it). But I can see what you mean in how that might destroy the aesthetic/feel of the game.

Robin64

Anyone had success making a new Australian account and downloading this? It used to work, I've done it before, but trying to make a new Aus one gets all the way to the end then says "Contact iTunes support"

Rodolink

I've been playing AC since its original release on Gamecube. I wasn't saying that traditional Animal Crossing is bad, or that the timers were excessive (I simply played it very casually), I was just pointing out my lack of understanding on all the complaints about the existence of timers in a mobile Animal Crossing game when the mainline games had far harsher ones, they're just far more transparent about it here (and willing to profit on it). But I can see what you mean in how that might destroy the aesthetic/feel of the game.

Yeah, then it's just me and my aversion to where the industry is going in terms of business models, it's sad, this kind of games "feel" like 1 sided money machines

Widge

The linear progression is definitely disappointing, hopefully they'll make it randomized in future updates.

Hm. My concern here is that this won't happen. A lot of how F2P works is that it strictly manages progression. It knows exactly what the users are going to be encountering at every step of the way, which in turn helps drive the monetisation engine.

Stitch

Gold Member
I think what annoys me the most is that you can't catch bugs everywhere. Would make the whole bug catching thing way more exciting.

NoKisum

Since current mobile phones have the tech for it, does the game have amiibo support? We've amassed a large amount of amiibo cards over here thanks to New Leaf and Happy Home Designer, and this would be a cool way to bring a small set of cards with me to bring in the villagers I want.

Tried it for about an hour and to me it feels like Happy Home Designer in that it takes a chunk out of AC but it doesn't really capture the magic without the other systems of the main game. I mean it can be fun for a while but I doubt it will have much lasting power.

ID: 29857373514 (IGN: Felix)
I frequently check for quarry help requests.

Game has been a real delight for me. It’s taken so many of the elements that make Animal Crossing fun, and injected them in a way that makes the “pick up and play” feel resonate even stronger than it already did. It’s fun checking in quickly and seeing who’s around to a visit, and even any of my campers are up for a talk/need something. Speaking of requests, they are pretty generous with how easy it is to obtain stuff. Granted, I’m still only at Level 11, and fully expect demands to be of higher (and maybe rarer?) quantity. Which is okay, that’s how all games work. Just as long as the requests are always for bugs, fish, and fruit, and maybe flowers eventually. Big requests should only be there when inviting villagers over, which is the main drive of the game as far as I can tell.

I can see myself being in the long haul with this game as long as there won’t be any issues when transferring my data after the ww release. I wasn’t going to play this a lot because of that, but now I’m in deep, so it would be disheartening to lose everything like that! Here’s to hoping, lmao.

Spukc

Think someone will actually buy these? Or will they forever sit in the market box. That was the suggested price or whatever it is.
Yeah those fishies are super rare !
But its to early in the game now to actually sell them since people lack that cash .
My bet is that those fish will be needed to get the last villagers or get that lvl 19 to 20 heart

Those fish are like a flash of what we can expect in the future in terms of requests. They’ll probably sit there for a while, not just because people don’t have the bells, but also because there probably aren’t a lot of people being asked to find those fish by villagers yet.

Drain You

Yeah those fishies are super rare !
But its to early in the game now to actually sell them since people lack that cash .
My bet is that those fish will be needed to get the last villagers or get that lvl 19 to 20 heart

Thats what I was thinking also. I waste so much time fishing I don't really care if they sell or not, I'm sure I'll end up catching more. Still wish thier was a bit more variety in the bugs and fish though, maybe that has to due with seasons etc I dunno yet.

I also really miss those quips after catching certain bugs or fish.

Some random observations so far.

-If you ever see the larger fish silhouette at Lost Lure Creek you should always catch it. It's always going to be one of the more valuable fish since there are no common ones that size there.

-Max friend level by doing requests seems to be 7. After that you can only raise the level by doing more specific things. For example, for Jay I have to build a Sporty Tent.

-There's no reason not to send a friend request to every person you meet because it gives you a larger pool of people to sell your items to and request help for the quarry. Also, my friends list is large enough that answering quarry requests has become fairly lucrative, since I get random bells showing up in my mailbox all the time.

-You seem to get less friend points for doing equivalent requests/conversations while animals are at your camp, but as a trade off you can do requests more often since you don't have to wait for them to show up on the map. I haven't worked out what the cool down time is before you get new requests, though.

-If you don't plan on spending real money the best use of leaf tickets is probably saving them for the special items in the shop. If you want to spend them their best use is probably adding crafting slots. I bought some inventory space early on, but since then the game has been fairly generous with giving me more space as I level up. I am at a point in the game now where many items I craft take 3+ hours, so having at least 2 crafting slots is pretty useful. I usually have one long duration item in progress and leave the second slot for doing quick items while I'm actively playing. If I am going to log off for several hours I'll put another long duration item in the second slot.

gweemz

Level 21 and this game is slowing down quickly. Everything to craft takes a bunch of mats and time now.

Here's my code again if you want to add me:

Level 21 and this game is slowing down quickly. Everything to craft takes a bunch of mats and time now.

Yeah I'm at lvl 19 and finding this as well. I told myself I wasn't going to sink a lot of time into it since I have to start over when it releases in the US...so much for that lol.

Placktor

Yep... just hit 20. Seems like ill just have to check in once or twice a day now

alf717

If I start a new file on Bluestacks with my gmail account will I lose my data on my phone? Nothing is linked to a Nintendo account.

Alec

If I start a new file on Bluestacks with my gmail account will I lose my data on my phone? Nothing is linked to a Nintendo account.
If you link the App in your Bluestacks install to your NNID then you should be able to keep your saved data. The saved data is tied to your NNID, just like Super Mario Run, Miitomo and Fire Emblem Heroes.

Here's mine 05632923863.

Yeah I'm at lvl 19 and finding this as well. I told myself I wasn't going to sink a lot of time into it since I have to start over when it releases in the US...so much for that lol.
Who said you have to start over? I switched my USA NNID over to Australia and I was still able to pull my old saves from Miitomo, Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes. No reason to think it will work differently this time around.

Spukc

oh my lvl 23 about to get that highway in my town
what a stupid time waster i still like it tho xD

celebi23

So, I'm looking for a little help. Trying to pay off some more of my 150,000 Bell loan. If anyone wants to buy any of the stuff in my listing, I'll throw in a Marshadow & Charizard NA code. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Top Bottom