• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

still no art, man. I couls have gotten the museum shop ages ago but I still havent been able to donate art dammit

Linius

Alright, let me know through whatsapp! How does one go about unlocking the island anyway?

You can sell your fruits at my town if you want.

How long will you stay online for? I think I can make it to come to your village in twenty minutes. Then you can follow me to mine and we'll empty the damn island.

thanks for the axe tenck

JCCcBd9.gif

Oh gawd :lol

still no art, man. I couls have gotten the museum shop ages ago but I still havent been able to donate art dammit

Me too :(

Labrys

I just need one more art to unlock it. One was sold to me by Chief, and then I bought 2 sculptures from Redd. (the one with the butt and David)

Fuck this town and everyone in it. I wanna be all nice and build shit with money out of my own pockets and just because the damn water well is in the same vicinity where I want to put in a new fountain, I can't build it there. There's enough space for the fountain. Some ol' bullshit. Fuck the town. Gonna spend all my money on making my house bigger.

Fuck this town and everyone in it. I wanna be all nice and build shit with money out of my own pockets and just because the damn water well is in the same vicinity where I want to put in a new fountain, I can't build it there. There's enough space for the fountain. Some ol' bullshit. Fuck the town. Gonna spend all my money on making my house bigger.

This was my line of thinking, but running halfway across my town to get to a bridge was really pissing me off. 40,000 bells to go...

cluderi

God damn Grizzly, I swear he can smell if I'm trying to make it home or to the museum with something. I feel like Clay Davis in this game sometimes, Grizzlys always trying to hit me up for my gold nuggets or rare insects.

evanmisha

God damn Grizzly, I swear he can smell if I'm trying to make it home or to the museum with something. I feel like Clay Davis in this game sometimes, Grizzlys always trying to hit me up for my gold nuggets or rare insects.

Drago was like that with me for a while, now I think he kinda has a crush on me. Pics to follow

Got a shaved ice maker (I love these in real life!) out of a tree and then the Master Sword (#35!) from the raffle all in the first day of playing.

I knew from then on this Hyrule town was the place for me. :)

pulga

Banned
How long will you stay online for? I think I can make it to come to your village in twenty minutes. Then you can follow me to mine and we'll empty the damn island.

Oh gawd :lol

Me too :(

Aint got nothing to do all day, Ill open the gates for you now!

Mr. Robot

So, i was looking for open towns at 3:00 am and found a GAFer one open, i didn't think it would be so much fun, but creeping up on people really is...

UmqTudI.jpg

o3XaXFP.jpg

2U3oLE6.jpg

Refugio

This was my line of thinking, but running halfway across my town to get to a bridge was really pissing me off. 40,000 bells to go...

I wanted to build another bridge but apparently it was too close to one of the villagers. After I had built a previous bridge, a villager moved right next to it--even closer to the bridge than the animals that are blocking me from making a new one right now. I like how they can move in wherever the heck they want and ruin my town. :(

Labrys

I wanted to build another bridge but apparently it was too close to one of the villagers. After I had built a previous bridge, a villager moved right next to it--even closer to the bridge than the animals that are blocking me from making a new one right now. I like how they can move in wherever the heck they want and ruin my town. :(

Try again from the other side of the river, it should work.

I just got back from Best Buy. Got the Raccoon Clock with no problem. Just log into the game and go to the post office and inquire about a present. It may take a few mins but it will download.

Kenai

How does a campsite affect this? I was just about to build one tomorrow.

I'm not sure on how often they do, but random villagers will spend the day there, and if you like said villager you can convince them to move in for good. One also seems to camp there immediately after you open it (mine was some duck I don't want Q_Q)

Drago was like that with me for a while, now I think he kinda has a crush on me. Pics to follow

LOL same with me and Francine.

I caught a saddled bircher, turned around and she was already there. "Hey Kenai I heard you had a saddled birchir". I was like WTF it hasn't been 30 seconds! I said no, then after I caught my second one she was more subtle about it "Trading spices things up in this town, and what's really spicy is you trading me...oh I dunno...your saddled birchir." I was so damn impressed I couldn't say no the second time.

But she was the villager who tipped me off to the fact that you can hoard bugs for the Bug Off, and she also gave a hint about meteorite showers, and begged to start calling me darling.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. You're telling me that anyone in the world can set up their own Nintendo Zone to access special promotions if they aren't near the stores giving them out?

So I could set up a Nintendo Zone in my house and never have to set foot inside a GameStop for promotional stuff ever again!?

That's what this website seems to be telling me, yes. I'm guessing the Nintendo Zone just checks to see if you're accessing the Internet through an associate Wifi Hotspot and, if you are, they show you the things for that partner.

One thing that bugs me about this game: deep sea diving seems to be incredibly pointless. Not only is it slow to catch the various underwater things you find, but most of the stuff you find is incredibly worthless. I just sold a full inventory of these things and didn't even get over 9,000 bells for all of it, and it contained hard-to-get things like an octopus and scallop!

The stuff that actually is worth something is not only extremely rare, but also very hard to catch. The moment you approach them, they all go

nope8kjmo.gif

and do things like swim much faster than you, disappear inexplicably, or go out of bounds. It's absolutely infuriating. I'm glad that I already got most of the rare creatures (including the giant isopod), but it's not something I would do to make money at all.

poltergust I added you whats the name of your town?

also fruit is so pointless and cheap in this game that im just gonna leave it on the trees

My character is Ricky from Fortunam. Open your gate!

I just caught my second dorado. So the museum already has one. Do I keep this one as a pet for my home, or sell it? I almost feel like they are too rare to give away :(

Conan-san

...tell me.

Specifically, "Isabelle ringing?" (It does when she walks).

It's weird, Make her human and she's that annoying twit from K-On (The annoying one who acts like a three year old) (Only with a vague sense of competence) make her a dog (and useful) and I can kinda see the appeal.

Though not as far as the K-On and similar crowd take it, that's just wrong.

Kenai

The stuff that actually is worth something is not only extremely rare, but also very hard to catch.

Well, to be fair, most things in this game pale in comparison to island beetle farming for moneymaking purposes.

Then there's also the pirate set. Even if you don't want to display it personally, it might be decent trade bait since you can't order that stuff through the catalog.

Doczu

GAF, how is it when someone is going to a town that is not in your timezone? Do you timetravel when you do? Does it affect your town?

Oh and quote for Friendcode, please PM me with yours if you add me, so that i could finally visit someone :( I have cherries, which i can bring over to someone.

evanmisha

LOL same with me and Francine.

I caught a saddled bircher, turned around and she was already there. "Hey Kenai I heard you had a saddled birchir". I was like WTF it hasn't been 30 seconds! I said no, then after I caught my second one she was more subtle about it "Trading spices things up in this town, and what's really spicy is you trading me...oh I dunno...your saddled birchir." I was so damn impressed I couldn't say no the second time.

But she was the villager who tipped me off to the fact that you can hoard bugs for the Bug Off, and she also gave a hint about meteorite showers, and begged to start calling me darling.

Drago started the nickname all my villagers now use for me (M bear), he gives me stuff all the time because he 'was just thinking about me', and the other day when he came over to my place... stuff happened. Heart emotes were used. He said he'd been dreaming of this moment.

one_kill

Anyone who's in a morning or afternoon time zone with their gates open? I wake up too early for my own good :\

Here's my FC:
It's 0103 9712 6861

Mr. Robot

I just caught my second dorado. So the museum already has one. Do I keep this one as a pet for my home, or sell it? I almost feel like they are too rare to give away :(

WHAT? i caught 3 yesterday, gave one to the museum sold another, by the time i catched the 3rd i tought they were common and released it since my inventory was full... damn, i should check the rarity of fish.

Oh man, Kapp'n is amazing, but holy shit, 3 days of this constant singing. Dude needs to shut the fuck up. There's seriously no skip option?

There was a skip option when I went with a friend.

WHAT? i caught 3 yesterday, gave one to the museum sold another and released the 3rd since my inventory was full... damn, i should check the rarity of fish.

It is a gold colored fish that sell for like 12k bells. It is super rare.

Labrys

Drago started the nickname all my villagers now use for me (M bear), he gives me stuff all the time because he 'was just thinking about me', and the other day when he came over to my place... stuff happened. Heart emotes were used. He said he'd been dreaming of this moment.

Everyone seems to be getting good nicknames. I got "dumpling" from Anicotti and didn't let anyone else call me it.
Someone got the nickname "Little D" on Tumblr, though. Eheh.

There is if you share the boat.

Just slam the A or B button, he'll stop whether you share or not.

Marvie_3

Banned
One thing that bugs me about this game: deep sea diving seems to be incredibly pointless. Not only is it slow to catch the various underwater things you find, but most of the stuff you find is incredibly worthless. I just sold a full inventory of these things and didn't even get over 9,000 bells for all of it, and it contained hard-to-get things like an octopus and scallop!

The stuff that actually is worth something is not only extremely rare, but also very hard to catch. The moment you approach them, they all go

and do things like swim much faster than you, disappear inexplicably, or go out of bounds. It's absolutely infuriating. I'm glad that I already got most of the rare creatures (including the giant isopod), but it's not something I would do to make money at all.

I hate this so much. :lol

I can't believe my grass is melting into mud I found out this is a feature :( so got to plant flowers after all to get my grass to grow back on the mud

Good information:

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nintendo_Zone

Read the Orange arrows at the bottom of the page.

so I can't go to my McDs at the corner and download it has to be a best buy? I don't really want to mess with my settings since my WiFi ISP has my MAC ID which is the only way to connect my 3DS being so fussy with connecting

Anyone not going to the island mind if I poke around your town and off some of my peaches? I don't want to tag along on an island trip at the moment but I would like to visit some towns. I can bring various fruit and tools if you're in need (no axe though).

Oh man, Kapp'n is amazing, but holy shit, 3 days of this constant singing. Dude needs to shut the fuck up. There's seriously no skip option?

Keep pressing B and he'll eventually admonish you but stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom