• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

What has happened over the past couple of days has kinda destroyed my entire view of the game. It's hard to really trust my own opinion on things now.

When I get home from work I'll need to come back to a clean mindset and re-review everything.

cabot

even with a flip you're still following dusk.

Absolutely nothing in his role PM gave any truth to anything he said.

He could've claimed vigi and shooting Blarg, instead he doubled down on his red check gambit.

That is madness. Pure and simple.

cabot

Next time, start with that reason.

here's my retort: you've got a bad gut. Too much booze.

hey_monkey turns in her grave.

Kevyt

On second thought, I have sufficient suspicions of cabot being scum, and I think my vote for him is warranted.

In fact, let me do this.

Double: Cabot

That's 4 votes for Cabot now. Some real pressure there.

On second thought, I have sufficient suspicions of cabot being scum, and I think my vote for him is warranted.

In fact, let me do this.

Double...? Why reveal something like this now?

Burbeting

Banned

In fact, let me do this.

Please do not use fake commands. This is your only warning. If you do it again, you will be modkilled.

Kawl_USC

Lol let the sloth have it's fun bear!

And swamped I agree hat played their pr well but there wasn't a point in claiming yesterday. All it did was put a target on their back in a time where town is bleeding PRs left and right

Why kill Hatmoza now instead of earlier? If Cabot was scum why not kill Hatz before he revealed his role? Doesn't this look like something scum wants that we all vote Cabot? Give me a reason why Scum would kill Palmer before Hatz?

Kawl_USC

Why kill Hatmoza now instead of earlier? If Cabot was scum why not kill Hatz before he revealed his role? Doesn't this look like something scum wants that we all vote Cabot? Give me a reason why Scum would kill Palmer before Hatz?

Most likely claimed just a one shot gossip in the chat I would guess? The logical play any way.

Kawl_USC

Aaaand another turbo.

I am calling scum on 30 at this point. Played the ignorant "better get my vote in before I get kicked from the game for low activity" card. Scum thought Dusk was a cop, and wanted to end the day before he could post his investigstions.

There's oreo as well. He was near the hammer for the last 2 lynches.

In what world is using another 24 hours where we all operate on the assumption dusk is scum and not some supremely misguided town PR helpful? All it does is create lines of thought and assumptions based off of a faulty premise which will impact people's ideas and "guts" as the game goes on.

TheExodu5

Banned
Vote: oreomunsta

I'd rather get some answers than unwittingly join another turbo train.

Oreo, you've been on the tail end of the last 2 lynches. You've done nothing in the past few days but complain about town's play and yet you've been the one setting the nail before the hammer comes down.

cabot

Thanks for finally showing pouring your vote where your mouth is though. Funny that i had to point it out before you did.

I was on ultron who I explained was my choice out of the main contenders day 1, unvoted to stop a tie at the time, I cemented on Dusk in Day 2, voted for Kyan on Day 3 and didn't vote on Day 4 cause there was a hammer less than a day after start.

Tell me Swamped, what's so unclear about my votes?

D1:

This wasn't a strong stance because none of the four were my desired choice. But I wasn't one to just sit it out with a vote on a non-target, so went for the one I liked the least out of the 4 in contention:

Out of the four in contention, ultron would get my vote

then unvoted during the tie:

FINE!

Vote: ultron87

I chose ultron because my earlier vote, Kyanrute, is going for Zubz.

that puts us at a tie

UNVOTE

Fuck sake. No tie.

D2:

I asked who was 30's top 3 scum, and then i answered with my own:

Sure, I'll answer.

Dusk Soldier
Exodu5
rac

I'm not sure whether Dusk and Exo would do this as scum mates, but I think theres one scum between them.

Current thinking is Dusk as more likely, because I feel that bit of tunnel feeling on Exo right now.

I then voted for him when he became a lynch candidate, put him in a tie with the other two:

VOTE: Dusk Soldier

Yeah let's add a horse to this race.

It stayed there, and that was me as I was out for deadline.

D3:

Occams razor, one of you is dying. Can't just assume redirections etc without seeing some hard flips

VOTE :Kyanrute

red check claim trounced Kyan's claim, which I was unconvinced by.

D4, y'all went too fast. Wanted to hear from Cewyn especially, before any sort of voting went down. Almost to spite me, 30 hammers right after:

Cant wait for cewyns analysis.

Well I better post before I get kicked from this game.

Vote: Dusk Soldier

Day has ended. Majority has been reached at 9 votes. Please DO NOT POST from now on. Your gamerunner will deliver the result of the day soon.

Frankly, unconvinced by your case. Maybe you can sell me it better.

I'll look at you in more detail tomorrow.

TheExodu5

Banned
In what world is using another 24 hours where we all operate on the assumption dusk is scum and not some supremely misguided town PR helpful? All it does is create lines of thought and assumptions based off of a faulty premise which will impact people's ideas and "guts" as the game goes on.

Was anything lost? Maybe not this time since Dusk wasn't a cop.

But Dusk could have been a cop and we would have lost his investigation list with him being turbo'd. I firmly believe that scum drove this lynch train.

cabot

Most likely claimed just a one shot gossip in the chat I would guess? The logical play any way.

Hat actually fully claimed in the gossip chat to me before he claimed in this thread, he did tell me he had 3 shots and was all used up, hence claiming now.

He never mentioned his shots in the claim here, and I figured that was a smart play to attract the scum kill, as he was essentially ordinary but they would have thought he was still able to track them. Now we get his flip confirming his info and essentially an ordinary NKed.

Kawl_USC

Hat actually fully claimed in the gossip chat to me before he claimed in this thread, he did tell me he had 3 shots and was all used up, hence claiming now.

He never mentioned his shots in the claim here, and I figured that was a smart play to attract the scum kill, as he was essentially ordinary but they would have thought he was still able to track them. Now we get his flip confirming his info and essentially an ordinary NKed.

I can see the logic but I don't think he was in particular danger of being NKd before the claim. And with you as someone who could pass along his info if he was gotten early he could just claim gossip. But depends on him trusting you. So that's fair I suppose.

Kawl_USC

Before the male-ascetic role was there hard proof that not revealing genders was important or was that just conjecture from it being given information in our role PM?

cabot

Before the male-ascetic role was there hard proof that not revealing genders was important or was that just conjecture from it being given information in our role PM?

SkyOdin's flip at the start of D2 showed gender specific powers were a thing:

SkyOdin has died!

Rest in Peace, Crona

Day 2 Begins

Majority is 11 votes

cya_1493326800.png

That said, I don't think we've seen an example of a gender-specific targeting ability? Kyanrute was immune to being targeted by males, but that could also be normal goons who were sent to kill him.

cabot

I'm going to bed now, but just a quick one:

1) No I'm afraid you haven't been reading my posts. I said I'd vote Dusk if the actions from N2 were cleared because of Kyan's flip. To me they weren't. So I had to think about why scum Dusk would pull what he pulled. I honestly believed he

I think I have read your post, because you say N2 actions werent cleared after Kyan's flip, in the post I quoted before day end you say:

The best course of action is to lynch Kyan, that will tell us everything we need to know about Dusk. If Kyan flips town and we can't figure out what happened N2 after his flip (remember, Kyan is claiming PR) then Dusk is scum.

....That if Kyan flips and it doesnt clear up N2, then Dusk is scum.

????

You only added your thinking on Dusk not being scum right here:

To me they weren't.[/B] So I had to think about why scum Dusk would pull what he pulled. I honestly believed he was an alignment cop, not role cop, and i thought that Psylocke thing was a gambit to draw out scum. So no, i didn't feel comfortable voting for Dusk. I knew scum had to be elsewhere.

What am I misreading?

Brief thoughts. Bit busy today.

Vote analysis not so hot with the hammers. Looking at D1 and D2, a few names to consider. D1, we have Squidy, oreo, and polter for driving the alternate vote. We see Zubz had one Haly on him so I kind of doubt scum were stacking on D1. The third place vote has only confirmed town. Conversely, this looks good for dragonz and ultron. Also worth noting, neither the 2nd or 3rd targets have been confirmed yet so suspicion is light.

D2 is interesting. BB started the final drive with a serious of weird attempts to vote. Everyone who jumped on that mess looks suspect to me, though I feel like it probably indicates BB as town. So swamped, dragonz, oreo (twice now), and squidy (twice now). Squid was up to bat for the lynch so it's not as bad.

Driving the second d2 train was Polter (again), 30, and me. This is kyan, confirmed town. Of the three main, this was the first. Decent chance of a scum there imo.

Third train was squid. Ultron, exodus, cewyn. I think the squid votes look okay actually, because we don't know his alignment and the leap onto BB looks to me like people saving squid with a convenient train. Swamped looks okay imo since she was on squid anyway. I need to go reread the day for context but just looking at the votes it looks like squid was prepared to jump on anyone for the vote that wasn't him. But then townies should be trying to survive so null read there.

So basically I think d2 bad looks are dragonz, oreo, polter, 30, and me. Possibly squid for being kind of rescued by a late useless train. Obviously I don't suspect myself so that leaves dragonz, oreo, polter, and 30 for me right now. Polter looks bad both days so will definitely be rereading today. Dragonz has not impressed me this game but I kind of feel like she's town just for being so gung-ho on dusk's stupid play. Of course, dusk's whole play was lie out of your ass and look for people to take advantage of that. Dragonz could be just as culpable for seemingly drinking the kool-aid and maybe getting some easy ML's... I can only imagine that if Dusk were still here with another fake check she'd still be batting for him. But as far as my gut, I think she just actually did drink the kool-aid. Oreo I need to reread, haven't really thought much about him but I think I was lightly scum-reading him anyway when I joined the game. As for 30, I also do feel that hammer was convenient and contrived. Of course I think Dusk needed to go and I would have been fine with 30 walking in and saying as much. But instead we got a "what's going on over here lol whoops i'm new was that a hammer??" and that is a bad look.

Tl;dr
If I had to vote right now I would go with 30, oreo, or polter over dragonz but dragonz over anyone else.

Guys, what the hell is this?? I got a message telling me that overnight, I was added into somebody's harem!?

Is my fate tied to someone now?? D:

There's oreo as well. He was near the hammer for the last 2 lynches.

Yes, I was, but not without good reason. For the kyan lynch, I had a family medical emergency that kept me in the hospital for most of the weekend. Once I could come back to the game, I did my best to contribute, but most of you went crazy with the kyan lynch.

The dusk lynch happened very quickly, and you know that. I was participating and on track to clear the quota, but the final votes came in shortly after I went to bed. Not even the bear sees that as an issue, so why try to make it one?

Top Bottom