• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

cabot

Did you openly scum or town read this person? If you openly town read them, then I'd think the vote was misdirection. If you openly scum read them, then I would more likely consider it a defensive action.

If it's misdirection, what was the intent? That you would scum read them? That town discussion would be diverted from elsewhere? There are a lot of possibilities.

There's also no guarantee that this is a scum power. Could be part of a neutral win-con.

If me looking for an arsonist was scummy yesterday, what's this then?

Kawl_USC

rac has done a hell of a lot more than Cewyn in content and he's in your town list.

Please keep the reads consistent.
Every player is judged on a curve though. You know comparing posters isn't apples to apples. Dislike this post you Welshman.

cabot

cabot is ignoring all of this and is giving a vague "gut" reason as to why he doesn't want to vote for rac. He also was actively trying to lynch the neutral yesterday, which I believe was a defensive move to prevent scum from getting arsoned.

you also missed this :

town:

BB, squidyj, Kawl

scum:

Dragonz, Cewyn

lean scum:

rac

???:

fep, polt, exo, oreo

Also cewyn appearing and dropping a vote on you is making me question my read.

polt, talk to me. What are your current thoughts of the game?

cabot

Also cewyn appearing and dropping a vote on you is making me question my read.

Every player is judged on a curve though. You know comparing posters isn't apples to apples. Dislike this post you Welshman.

Well he hasn't given me a reason why he townreads Cewyn. When I look there I see nothing of real value.

Also his logic of newbie scum bussing fellow scum for entire game until he became a lynch candidate makes little sense. I'm sure a scum team would've advised to back him away from that.

cabot

So you don't think scum cewyn wouldn't bus scum rac here for town cred?

I don't strongly read rac, the best comparison I can make is El Topo, he always reads scum to me but he's been Town (apart from neutral once)

rac generally turns up to answer prods (albeit frustratingly vaguely) and does offer some opinions.

Cewyn I'm much more used to dramatic plays, they usually pull whacky stunts whenever they're town.

He's been absolutely muted this game which is cause for concern.

Kawl_USC

I don't strongly read rac, the best comparison I can make is El Topo, he always reads scum to me but he's been Town (apart from neutral once)

rac generally turns up to answer prods (albeit frustratingly vaguely) and does offer some opinions.

Cewyn I'm much more used to dramatic plays, he usually pulls whacky stunts whenever he's town.

He's been absolutely muted this game which is cause for concern.
Fake double not dramatic enough?

cabot

Considering the current situation with the vote wagons. I think bussing a scum at this stage is pointless.

Maybe towards day end if things shake up again, but not now.

Kawl_USC

Considering the current situation with the vote wagons. I think bussing a scum at this stage is pointless.

Maybe towards day end if things shake up again, but not now.
That entirely depends on how many scum are under any pressure at all. If it's one scum + townies we are suspecting, bussing is an easy decision to walk in with the 3 scum win rather than risk exposing the other three to protect the 4th.

Find your "oh yea but that's take for them any ways" disturbingly weak.

TheExodu5

Banned
squidy on arsonist:

also ended the day with his vote on Polt.

Please continue making things up without evidence.

Listen, I'm on mobile and don't have the time or the ability to sift through thousands of posts. I do the best I can through a quick search and my own recollection. I had in fact forgotten any not taken squidy's views into account when making my reads list. This is why I'm opening up a discussion. My reads are not set in stone and I'd rather present my viewpoint and talk about it than keep it to myself and risk lynching someone due to my own misconception.

cabot

That entirely depends on how many scum are under any pressure at all. If it's one scum + townies we are suspecting, bussing is an easy decision to walk in with the 3 scum win rather than risk exposing the other three to protect the 4th.

Find your "oh yea but that's take for them any ways" disturbingly weak.

Disturbingly weak like that Cewyn play.

cabot

Listen, I'm on mobile and don't have the time or the ability to sift through thousands of posts. I do the best I can through a quick search and my own recollection. I had in fact forgotten any not taken squidy's views into account when making my reads list. This is why I'm opening up a discussion. My reads are not set in stone and I'd rather present my viewpoint and talk about it than keep it to myself and risk lynching someone due to my own misconception.

your reads should be a pretty good idea of where your head's at, instead your response reads like 'my reads will be shaped by everyone around me'

cabot

Yea but I expect it from them and not you.

And we come full circle to the grading on a curve idea.

That's fine, I don't expect that from Cewyn.

I don't know what to expect from rac because he's new, but my experience tells me I don't read this type of player well.

Kawl_USC

your reads should be a pretty good idea of where your head's at, instead your response reads like 'my reads will be shaped by everyone around me'

Responding to good points and arguments against a read is completely understandable. I don't read exo as saying "I'm a malleable shapeless read machine" but more so I'll change a read in response to evidence contrary to my internal narrative surrounding someone. I know you wouldn't know what that's like tunnel master, sir, but it is another way to play this game we call life.

cabot

cool story bro, i thought maybe after Dusk we'd be more willing to offer actual proof for our opinions and reads, but no let's just continue to take guess off our memories and 'quick searches'

TheExodu5

Banned
Okay, lets ignore my initial thoughts on squidy.

Cabot, what is your reservation for voting rac? You believe that scum would be sufficiently coached to not vote how he has? So why his fixation on Polter, and why the cold feet when Polter actually had some votes on him?

In my experience with GAFIA, scum aren't well oiled and consistent machines. People still largely play as individuals, and most posts are not subject to scrutiny from the scum team. Rather, scum teams usually result to damage control to deflect suspicion.

Kevyt

I don't like how this game is going so far but I also think I am too blame because Cabot is right. My game has been weak, too weak and it's hurting town.

However, I am just a vanilla town with no ordinary role or a scum player.

I suggest we all role-claim (well some of you already have) and go from there... It feels like the game is getting to the point where scum can control 70% of the conversation and persuade unknowing townies.

I gotta give major props to cabot for prodding and asking the hard questions for other players, but if he were to flip scum then I would facepalm my self so bad because I legitimately trust him and believe he is town.

I feel the same way about Kawl, a concerned townie for now. That's pretty much it for the peoplpe I believe are town. Other than that, I can't really figure out the other players. It's been like this for most of the game. Other than squid's fluff claims, I can't see much difference as far as intent for many of the players, except for the two I mentioned. I do feel uneasy about rac and dragonz.

cabot

Okay, lets ignore my initial thoughts on squidy.

Cabot, what is your reservation for voting rac? You believe that scum would be sufficiently coached to not vote how he has? So why his fixation on Polter, and why the cold feet when Polter actually had some votes on him?

In my experience with GAFIA, scum aren't well oiled and consistent machines. People still largely play as individuals, and most posts are not subject to scrutiny from the scum team. Rather, scum teams usually result to damage control to deflect suspicion.

I said like three posts before this that I struggle to read rac's playstyle well.

As for your second point, were you scum in your first game?

I want to say Harry Potter (which would be a yes)

How did you communicate with your scum team then?

So yeah, I am ordinary vanilla town.

I like your intention Cewyn, but this is the safest, and therefore most likely claim we can all make.

I'm vanilla Town, but does that actually help you or anyone else?

I think what we need to do is look at behavior of players, both current and past

cabot

I don't like how this game is going so far but I also think I am too blame because Cabot is right. My game has been weak, too weak and it's hurting town.

However, I am just a vanilla town with no ordinary role or a scum player.

I suggest we all role-claim (well some of you already have) and go from there... It feels like the game is getting to the point where scum can control 70% of the conversation and persuade unknowing townies.

I gotta give major props to cabot for prodding and asking the hard questions for other players, but if he were to flip scum then I would facepalm my self so bad because I legitimately trust him and believe he is town.

I feel the same way about Kawl, a concerned townie for now. That's pretty much it for the peoplpe I believe are town. Other than that, I can't really figure out the other players. It's been like this for most of the game. Other than squid's fluff claims, I can't see much difference as far as intent for many of the players, except for the two I mentioned. I do feel uneasy about rac and dragonz.

I like your intention Cewyn, but this is the safest, and therefore most likely claim we can all make.

I'm vanilla Town, but does that actually help you or anyone else?

I think what we need to do is look at behavior of players, both current and past

You two are certainly not helping town, claiming ordinary like this before the end of game is letting scum narrow down target choices for any remaining PRs.

You two are certainly not helping town, claiming ordinary like this before the end of game is letting scum narrow down target choices for any remaining PRs.

Scum can believe us or they don't. It's just a claim, at the end of the day.

Scum should know we're Town, especially after the neutral was eliminated :/

TheExodu5

Banned
I said like three posts before this that I struggle to read rac's playstyle well.

As for your second point, were you scum in your first game?

I want to say Harry Potter (which would be a yes)

How did you communicate with your scum team then?

I've been scum in 2 games. HP and Persona. And yes, my first game was as scum. I played a largely individual game and never received any coaching besides help with a potential role claim. My experience as scum has always been largely individual, and I've never seen evidence of a big, coordinated scum unit.

cabot

I've been scum in 2 games. HP and Persona. And yes, my first game was as scum. I played a largely individual game and never received any coaching besides help with a potential role claim. My experience as scum has always been largely individual, and I've never seen evidence of a big, coordinated scum unit.

there is evidence of coordinated scum units though, outwith yourself.

Animal Crossing is the most successful one I can think of.

Kevyt

if everyone claims truthfully then the PRs are out in the open.

If everyone claims and someone lies, then it's most likely gonna be everyone claiming ordinary. Which isn't helpful.

I think at this point scum pretty much knows who the remaining PR's are...

Even if no one role claims, next night a PR townie will die. I'm willing to bet on that.

polt, talk to me. What are your current thoughts of the game?

It kinda goes without saying, but things are looking grim. I'm worried because all of my previous scum reads turned out to be town, so it's becoming increasingly hard to trust my own opinion on things.

I think my only strong read on anyone at this point is on oreo, who I think is town. My logic for this is based on my last post. Unfortunately, this doesn't really help me when it comes to deciding who to lynch for today.

You know, outside of hatmoza (whose ability was limited to just 3 days), none of the other dead townspeople had investigatory roles. At this point, I doubt that anything new will come forward on that end, and that really sucks.

just wanna say

how is this peculiar? if you are town and i am scum i unvote you for what reason exactly?

I can't possibly know the answer to that question because I don't know what's going on inside your head. Feel free to clarify at any time.

cabot

Or did we?

AgOxl.jpg

BB may not have had a presence but I feel he's been very clear with his views and i can understand his mentality most of the time.

What exactly do you read between Polter and rac and their interactions?

It just feels staged. Like they're trying to bus each other, but not TOO hard just in case it gains traction. The confrontation is weak and doesn't feel genuine

I've been sick for the entirety of the game. NO EXCUSES.
I hope that isn't meant to explain your scumminess. At this point the only person I would really want to change my vote to would be rac. Some of those posts this day phase have been weird. They gave me a cornered impression but I don't really know why. Seems to have chilled as votes accrued.

I hope that isn't meant to explain your scumminess. At this point the only person I would really want to change my vote to would be rac. Some of those posts this day phase have been weird. They gave me a cornered impression but I don't really know why. Seems to have chilled as votes accrued.

Um, it's not like I have dementia or anything lol. Just a very, very annoying case of strep throat. >_>

Top Bottom