• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime - Summer 08 - Show info and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

S. L.

v1cious said:
as someone who hated the first season, i have to say R2 is fucking awesome. i mean it started out slow, but after 12, the show got really really good. it looks like Code Geass is probably gonna end after this season.
i could totally imagine a third season that involves aliens or something like that :lol :lol

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Holy Fuck at Chiko 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why hasnt this episode been subbed yet

fodjgivejsngoihndb9urentdsngujffrdeusg

Crow

Blade of the Immortal subs are taking a while to come out :( It's probably the only thing I'm interested in this season too.

B.K.

Is there anyone else doing Allison and Lillia? Anime Yoshi is about to drop it and SHS & Formula haven't done an episode since April.

mAcOdIn

B.K. said:
Is there anyone else doing Allison and Lillia? Anime Yoshi is about to drop it and SHS & Formula haven't done an episode since April.
SHS&Forumla dropped it officially so they're done, so if Aniyoshi does drop it that's all of them.

Detroit Metal City! :lol :lol :lol

Funny to the max, holy crap I haven't laughed this hard in months!

Rape rape rape rape rape rape rape rape rape rape

rykomatsu

Code Geass ep 22 trainwreck, imho, made ep 21 look half decent...

siscon had his heart broken LOL

only good thing is
Sayoko is still alive
:D :lol :lol

mAcOdIn said:
SHS&Forumla dropped it officially so they're done, so if Aniyoshi does drop it that's all of them.

Really? That's too bad, it's a good series that I've been following... hopefully someone picks it up. :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Code Geass R2 22 was boring. : / It didn't have enough crazy antics to save it from its downright retarded plot. I hope it gets better next week.

By the way, Nijuu Mensou no Musume 16 is subbed.

mAcOdIn

A Black Falcon said:
Really? That's too bad, it's a good series that I've been following... hopefully someone picks it up. :(
Yeah, I really like the show, so if I have to wait until I can understand enough Japanese to get by, well that'll be a while and there's really no interest from anyone to localize it either.

Zoe

Wow, the end of Soul Eater 22 was actually bloodier than in the manga. Very well done :O

DEAD RABBIT said:
Detroit Metal City! :lol :lol :lol

Funny to the max, holy crap I haven't laughed this hard in months!

Rape rape rape rape rape rape rape rape rape rape
DMC and Birdy are the best shows of the summer.

vangace

v1cious said:
as someone who hated the first season, i have to say R2 is fucking awesome. i mean it started out slow, but after 12, the show got really really good. it looks like Code Geass is probably gonna end after this season.

I just started watching Code Geass and dang this anime is awesome, kinda makes Gundam 00 look like child's play. Its just not the action but the plot is by far the best of any anime i have seen.

Dead

well not really...yet
vangace said:
I just started watching Code Geass and dang this anime is awesome, kinda makes Gundam 00 look like child's play. Its just not the action but the plot is by far the best of any anime i have seen.
Best Joke I've ever read on GAF. A+ material.

Hunter D

vangace said:
You won't feel that way once the show gets past ep 13.

vangace said:
God I love seeing people's reactions to Code Geass when they first start it. So full of hope and innocence.

Tamanon

Banned
vangace said:

I agree, I'm on episode 19 now of the first season, catching it as it goes along and it just gets better. Some folks here say that it started going downhil at 14 but I don't see it at all. :D

Well I bought the first dvd and then watched the up to like 16 on cartoon network. I do actually like the dub and in retrospect I don't hate the Mao episodes as much is I did the first time around.

So maybe season 1 is pretty solid.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
im on episide 19 of code geass season 1 and im loving every second of it (minus the mao parts,) looking forward to the "trainwreck" so many of you are eluding to

zurra

i'm still confused why so many people call it a trainwreck in the first place. it's very rare that people actually point out the reasons why they think that, usually it's LOL PLOT HOLES (with no explanation) or LOL LOOK WHAT THAT CHARACTER DID!!!!11 as if it hasn't been completely ridiculous and over the top from the very beginning. and of course, if you try to argue with them it's just beating your head against the wall. :p

on another note, :lol :lol :lol DMC, so awesome

Zoe

SE 23 was pretty damn good.

I had forgotten how well the respective manga chapters were drawn though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
zurra said:
i'm still confused why so many people call it a trainwreck in the first place. it's very rare that people actually point out the reasons why they think that, usually it's LOL PLOT HOLES (with no explanation) or LOL LOOK WHAT THAT CHARACTER DID!!!!11 as if it hasn't been completely ridiculous and over the top from the very beginning. and of course, if you try to argue with them it's just beating your head against the wall. :p

on another note, :lol :lol :lol DMC, so awesome

Actually, Code Geass is one of my favorite anime. Its just that its cool to hate it in here =/. It does what many of the other shitty anime GAF love don't do: make you have fun.

Tamanon said:
I agree, I'm on episode 19 now of the first season, catching it as it goes along and it just gets better. Some folks here say that it started going downhil at 14 but I don't see it at all. :D
I'm with you. Unsubstantiated hate thus far from what has been shown on Adult Swim. It's not as good as Death Note was but it's still enjoyable, better than Moribito at least.

Zoe

duckroll said:
Was there Nakamura?

Sorry, I never pay attention to the staff credits :lol; The "horrible raw" is already up if you want to see it :lol

It WAS a bit slow in the beginning, but once it moved to the more serious parts it was great.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tamanon said:
Season 1 is fairly respectable overall, but Season 2 just goes to pot in a variety of ways, many of them hilarious.

NeonZ

People might bash R2, but CG's worst moment was a plot twist in the last fourth of season 1. Nothing done by S2 gets even close to that.

S. L.

NeonZ said:
People might bash R2, but CG's worst moment was a plot twist in the last fourth of season 1. Nothing done by S2 gets even close to that.
those constant "worst moments" are what makes Geass so entertaining

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
S. L. said:
those constant "worst moments" are what makes Geass so entertaining
Yes, this needs to be clarified. Geass may have taken a turn for the objectively horrible, but it's done so in the most amusing way.

Dave1988

I....I can't hate on Code Geass anymore :( The show is so stupid, so retarded that it has to be intentional. HAS.TO.BE.

Relix said:
Actually, Code Geass is one of my favorite anime. Its just that its cool to hate it in here =/. It does what many of the other shitty anime GAF love don't do: make you have fun.

You DO realise that NeoGAF isn't the only place where Code Geass is hated, don't you?

Dave1988 said:
I....I can't hate on Code Geass anymore :( The show is so stupid, so retarded that it has to be intentional. HAS.TO.BE.

You DO realise that NeoGAF isn't the only place where Code Geass is hated, don't you?
refer me to another such place.

hmm let me see now DMC ep 1 was fucking wierd and awesome.

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
Where is all this love for Gundam 00 coming from? I mean the show itself isnt swill, but i find it hard to believe that anyone who has seen any of the UC gundams, Turn A, or V gundam can find the show little more than eye candy.

jman2050

Rahxephon91 said:
Actually on like every other forum it seems to be deeply loved and deeply analyzed.

*Checks other various forums he goes to*

Nope, I see plenty of hate everywhere else too.

And to clarify, I thought CG began well enough and had a pretty good sense of action and plot progression throughout, say, the first 3/4ths of season 1. What's happening NOW though? Trainwreck, 100%

And I'm loving every minute of it.

Sunrise rule number 1. Don't make sequels to shows. After Seed Destiny, Otome and CGR2 it should be mandated.

Anyway the only other anime forum I visit seems to like the show but cracks are in fact appearing.

Also CC does in fact start off pretty good. I'm really enjoying re watching the show dubbed. And I would perhaps enjoy R2 but that Chinese arc was really boring.

Hunter D

I just watched Macross F ep 21 and have to ask if there has been a more disappointing anime since the start of the 21 century? This show is the sequel to a big franchise and looks like it has a big budget. One would think with all the money being spent on this thing the producers would spend time making sure the story was good.

USD

You have to give it to the guys making Code Geass. I never have any fucking clue what's going to happen next.

Hunter D said:
I just watched Macross F ep 21 and have to ask if there has been a more disappointing anime since the start of the 21 century? This show is the sequel to a big franchise and looks like it has a big budget. One would think with all the money being spent on this thing the producers would spend time making sure the story was good.
Yes Yes more people think this is a bad show.

With this around Code Geass cant be the worst.

Zoe

Looks like Soul Eater will be moving onto the next manga arc! There's a scan of
Justin
floating around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom