• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anita Sarkeesian's astounding 'garbage human' moment at Vidcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Facts are facts. He demonstrably showed that she was a liar. But let´s ignore facts because they don´t agree with us.

Show me where did i say that i supported that? What the fuck with you people just making shit up about others?

She is shown to be a liar and a manipulator. Now go cry in the corner kid.

Show me where did i say that i supported that? What the fuck with you people just making shit up about others?

I will use facts as refrence unlike apparently you.

Facts are facts.

He showed video evidence about her lying. Ignore at your own will.

No, she is a fraud and a manipulator. This is a great exemple, you not accepting it is your prerogative.

Yes let´s all ignore facts everyone. Let´s all close our eyes and just follow blindly the Sakeesian church and word.

Facts are facts. He pointed facts, and how about actually argue against his arguments.

Yes, who needs facts.

Unlike you people, who are so unpredictable and objective, have the whole picture, not having childish views about the world. /S

When are you going to post a James O'Keefe video as evidence of facts?

Kuugrr

Now go cry in the corner kid.

6Ld8jtv.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
I sweater god if any of y'all respond to Calm Waterfalls stupid ass "facts" obfuscation I'll personally criticise your favorite game and get something wrong about.

Don't fuckin' tempt me.

Please don't be a liar and an opportunist, please...

Alucrid

Banned
calm waterfalls your facts are facts assertions are bogus

I sweater god if any of y'all respond to Calm Waterfalls stupid ass "facts" obfuscation I'll personally criticise your favorite game and get something wrong about.

Don't fuckin' tempt me.

my favorite video game is zelda BOTW

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.

Don't fuckin' tempt me.

Do it brah, you're not super cereal about it! :p

LKSmash

Don't fuckin' tempt me.

Oh shit, I already did. Please don't go too harsh on ME2 or FF8.

BiggNife

Facts are facts. He demonstrably showed that she was a liar. But let´s ignore facts because they don´t agree with us.

It's funny you are all people are saying this because you keep ignoring the fact that Sargon is a disgusting piece of shit who deserves be called a "garbage human" regardless of what you think of Anita

Don't fuckin' tempt me.

oh no I'm sorry please don't, I love Super Mario World too much to see it besmirched

Fat4all

Banned
you know you guys are arguing with someone who defended a Trump supporter who clocked a woman in the face, ya?

you wouldn't know, as they always seemed to imply "I'm not defending the guy, buuuut..."

so they're in the clear I guess

Facts are facts.

No, she is a fraud and a manipulator. This is a great exemple, you not accepting it is your prerogative.

Yes let´s all ignore facts everyone. Let´s all close our eyes and just follow blindly the Sakeesian church and word.

Facts are facts. He pointed facts, and how about actually argue against his arguments.

Yes, who needs facts.

Unlike you people, who are so unpredictable and objective, have the whole picture, not having childish views about the world. /S

Jesus Christ, you get dumber the more you post. I hope you get to stay. I'm having a laugh at your expense.

joe2187

Banned
You forgot the Free Space "Maybe you shouldn't cling so tightly to your beliefs"

Hey you're right I did miss on--

Nope, there it is...just in time.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If someone says inaccurate stuff about games I like, they go straight to my ignore list. I don't have time for garbage manipulative people.
Guys don't you get it? She fucked up some facts about some videogames I love and that means she's a piece of shit who is totally deserving of everything she gets. Why is this so hard to understand?
When did Hitman Absolution become this sacred cow that you can't make mistakes about without everything you ever said being called into question?
Again: who the hell even likes Hitman Absolution? Hahahaha. It's a shite game that even hardcore Hitman fans hate (or especially them). If she had said "Hitman Absolution is a shite game that no one should play", there wouldn't even be a controversy. But saying "Hitman Absolution has some sexist moments" which is only questionable at the worst and suddenly the internet explodes.

Psssh, Anita could get something slightly wrong about fucking Zelda CDi and suddenly thousands of hidden Zelda CDi fans would crawl from under the rocks to defend it.
lol, touché

Joe Rogan did a podcast with Sargon and there is a segment related to this topic. Despite his protests to contrary and being called out on it, he really seems obsessed with her.

You think an insecure misogynist could focus so much energy on one woman without having hidden passion?

Mesoian

Facts are facts.

Yes, who needs facts.

This is just...precious.

I want to frame this and put it on my wall.

You heard it here first kids, make a mistake about the interactivity of NPC's in a video game, you are a fraud and a liar. It's not a factual error, it's MALECIOUS INTENT.

You are adorable. Hell, I'll admit that this a bad example and there are others that I also don't agree with. But I know the definition of the word "Fraud" and "liar" and getting 1 example out of...what...17 in the original video, is not fraud or lying. It's merely a mistake.

kingslunk

Joe Rogan's a real piece of shit. I watched a video where he had giant right wing asshole Gavin McInnes on and they had a serious conversation that went along the lines of:

"Did you know that sometimes women orgasm when raped?"
"Hmm yes very interesting."

So many of these assholes just need a good kick in the teeth.

Joe Rogan has everyone on. I think he'll openly talk to anyone.

Budi

I am not supporting Sargon or anyone. But Anita Sakeesian is a liar, manipulator, opportunist. She is actual garbage human being as well. People should not listen to any word she says.
And also not everyone "dies on a hill" if they think see things exactly as you do. You and others don´t seem to have any perspective whatsoever. One garbage human being getting insulted does not make the person insults others any less of a garbage human being.
Ummm, while I have my own critiques of some points in her videos too. Calling her a liar, manipulator and opportunist seems far fetched. I'd agree that she was misinformed, misunderstanding or let's even say straight up wrong in some cases. But even with all this, she has made many excellent points and provided valid examples. Trying to shut her valuable critique down completely seems like an exaggeration. Ofcourse if you don't see any problems with gaming and it's culture or even enjoy the fruits of it, it's understandable that you'd like to shut her down. But then you would be wrong in your belief. As the examples of sexism are available for us all to see, if you just care to look at it like that.

Unlike you people, who are so unpredictable and objective, have the whole picture, not having childish views about the world.

Compared to you, certainly.

Someone said you'd do something stupid, and you were stupid enough to do that stupid thing. If I fell right into something that obvious I would at least be able to admit that I was outplayed.

I certainly wouldn't have the strength to keep going like Anita Sarkeesian has. One of the strongest people involved in a movement I've seen, personally. Trying to focus on the positives of this "event" and how well she handled it because it's maddening how this sort of harassment is still allowed.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Facts are facts.

Yes, who needs facts.

Literally none of what you linked demonstrated her being a garbage human being who's equatable to Sargon. You linked a thunderf00t video. Like, you're demonstrating a startlingly lack of self awareness right now.

SOME-MIST

Don't fuckin' tempt me.

I want to respond to it just to have you criticize progear no arashi in a poor way

but most of his quotes look like links that I don't want to bother with

plus I can already see the general consensus about his "proof" haha..

Facts are facts.

Yes, who needs facts.

I am embarrassed to be on the same forum as you.

Just curious.

What the minimum amount of virtue one has to possess before they are allowed to defend themselves from bullying and intimidation?

Asking for a friend

Jebusman

Banned
Waterfall I know you're probably having a meltdown on your side of the keyboard, but just understand that you are literally screaming at people for not being willing to challenge their beliefs, while refusing to be challenged on your beliefs.

Regardless of who's actually right, this right here already makes you an idiot. The most hypocritical kind.

Wait, wait, wait

It's possible to LOVE a video game but still be able to acknowledge and accept that it drops the ball when it comes to gender representation and how well it uses its prominent heroine character?! Holy shit. And here I thought it is only possible to unconditionally love a game and to take any criticism of it like a personal dagger through the heart.

Da-Kid

How on earth is that a valid reason to get the harassment she has??

And you realize by trying to make it a reason and establish it as a viable cause and effect you are legitimizing what these people do. It's basically the classic "well she deserved it" argument. At what point in this do you legitimately try and hold the harassers accountable? And no, a flippant "well I don't agree wth them BUT..." doesn't count.
A possible cause and effect.

Saganator

It's funny/sad you say she manipulates people when you yourself have been manipulated by liars and frauds such as Sargon and thunderf00t.

Maybe you should, "open your mind" a lil bit.

Gator86

Both sides need to get the hell away from eachothers' throats. The whole thing is puerile.

KKK shows up to a Black family's house to burn a cross on their lawn. One of the family members yells at the KKK members to get the hell off their property. Both sides could stand to be a little better, right?

Mesoian

Since you're too lazy to make your argument yourself,
I'll let another source deal with the rebutal

Dang, I've never seen that.

Wait, wait, wait

It's possible to LOVE a video game but still be able to acknowledge and accept that it drops the ball when it comes to gender representation and how well it uses its prominent heroine character?! Holy shit. And here I thought it is only possible to unconditionally love a game and to take any criticism of it like a personal dagger through the heart.

NO! SURELY NOT! NO!

bender

What time is it?
You think an insecure misogynist could focus so much energy on one woman without having hidden passion?

I must profess ignorance on Sargon but I was taken aback by the lack of self awareness. I'm Paraphrasing but:

Sargon: "I've only done 30 videos on her."
Rogan: "That's a lot."
Sargon: "No it isn't, I work hard and make a lot of videos unlike Anita"

Rogan tried to steer away from Anita and broaden the conversation but Sargon kept circling back to her.

joe2187

Banned
Just curious.

What the minimum amount of virtue one has to possess before they are allowed to defend themselves from bullying and intimidation?

Asking for a friend

Lets ask Jesus.....

Oh wait,...that didnt work out too well for him in the end i guess...

Lets ask The president!

marrec

Banned
oh no I'm sorry please don't, I love Super Mario World too much to see it besmirched

Super Mario World sends mixed messages about pet ownership by punishing you for leaving Yoshi behind.

Oh shit, I already did. Please don't go too harsh on ME2 or FF8.

The sad truth about Mass Effect 2 is that it through it's bungled final encounters it definitively shows Terminator 1 is the superior film.

my favorite video game is zelda BOTW

Zelda would be a better fight-elf if he didn't have weapon degradation.

Please don't be a liar and an opportunist, please...

They forced my hand.

Fat4all

Banned
Just curious.

Asking for a friend

you have to be on the same level as Obama, but at that point you'd just laugh in their faces as they made up things to hold against you

Don't fuckin' tempt me.

Dude has a Suicide Squad avatar, you'd think he'd be used to things he likes taking criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom