• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anita Sarkeesian's astounding 'garbage human' moment at Vidcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being named after an Akkadian king myself l really fucking hate it that this fucker is using the name of another great king to spread his hateful garbage.

Mesoian

I am not supporting Sargon or anyone. But Anita Sakeesian is a liar, manipulator, opportunist. She is actual garbage human being as well. People should not listen to any word she says.
And also not everyone "dies on a hill" if they think see things exactly as you do. You and others don´t seem to have any perspective whatsoever. One garbage human being getting insulted does not make the person insults others any less of a garbage human being.

This is some amazing both sides bullshit, any evidence of which I'm sure this page will refute.

Seriously, watching people equate not citing a few youtube channels for footage as FRAUD is something that bewilders me, almost as much as people saying that not being 100% transparent about your financial books (not your records as those ARE available) makes you a criminal.

I don't particularly think Anita is a good businesswoman, but I'm also not going to sit her and pretend like she's some sort of fucking supervillain like so many people seem to attached to the idea of.

SOME-MIST

not sure who sargon is but by reading through this thread he seems like a disgusting person.

I'm 100% certain anita goes through a lot of crap for her stance/progressive views on media. regardless, anita's response to the gentleman (well not so much of a gentleman I guess) in the crowd seemed very unprofessional. you can even hear the crowd tone shift to gasps when she says "garbage human".
for some reason I just figured she was above that type of behavior so it's a little surprising.

talk about stooping down to someone else's level..

Mael

I am not supporting Sargon or anyone. But Anita Sakeesian is a liar, manipulator, opportunist. She is actual garbage human being as well. People should not listen to any word she says.
And also not everyone "dies on a hill" if they think see things exactly as you do. You and others don´t seem to have any perspective whatsoever. One garbage human being getting insulted does not make the person insults others any less of a garbage human being.

You better have some iron clad sources and air tight arguments if you're gonna trash someone to that extent.
We don't even allow people to shit on Trump to that extent without having a good reason.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
The folks running a conference about online video don't know about name-brand internet video shitlords?

FFS

Good on her

takriel

Doesn't Anita only want an echo chamber of an audience? Some people get upset about that I guess. And has more than once been wrong and orchestrated things to fit her agenda.

I don't like people who constantly cry victim to a fault.

Read. The Article.

This was harassment.

Da-Kid

If I'm parsing this right, wanting an environment free of people who harassed you for years = wanting an echo chamber?
No, not wanting the opinions of others that think or feel differently than her or correct her by creating an environment that she's only comfortable it. Basically, if you're not on her side she's not going to want to hear it and actively take actions not to. I understand the harassment, but I wouldn't doubt that's an excuse to not listen to anyone else.

cakely

Both sides guys, both sides.

Showing up with rows of your friends in an attempt to intimidate someone that you've made a career of intimidating on the internet is the behavior of a garbage human being. Anita speaking at a panel is not.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's amazing how some people behave when they don't have a sex life, that's what it all boils down to. Frustrated losers harassing women, they have nothing better to do with their time.

Carcetti

These people are always demanding a less 'PC' society, except when people are talking the truth and saying they're subhuman shits. That's when the PC comes back in.

Every time something like this comes up I'm just in awe of how insanely strong and powerful Anita is. Don't know about you guys, but if I received even 1% of the abuse she has, I'd just say "fuck it" and disappear from the Internet forever. She's one of the most resilient people I've ever seen and I have nothing but admiration for her.

Yep, good for her! Wish nothing but the best for her!

Citations Needed. Do you have a legitimate argument to make that doesn't boil down to: "She said mean things about my favorite game!!!"?

[Citation needed]
There´s plenty of evidence every where especially in her videos when she distorts reality to fit her own agenda.
By doing nothing but having your contribution being to drag the victim of a five + year long harassment campaign as being a "garbage human being" instead of just openly condemning the people harassing her?

It speaks volumes for your priorities and values.

My priority is not supporting piece of shit human being.

You can pile on as much as you want. I will not waste time on people whom have no perspective whatsoever and pure blind faith in some people.

Mesoian

Doesn't Anita only want an echo chamber of an audience? Some people get upset about that I guess. And has more than once been wrong and orchestrated things to fit her agenda.

I don't like people who constantly cry victim to a fault.

giphy.gif

There´s plenty of evidence every where especially in her videos when she distorts reality to fit her own agenda.

Evidence that you can't seem to cite.

You can pile on as much as you want. I will not waste time on people whom have no perspective whatsoever and pure blind faith in some people.

OHOKAYTHANKSFORCOMINGTOTHECONVERSATIONTOPROVIDENOTHING!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
not sure who sargon is but by reading through this thread he seems like a disgusting person.

I'm 100% certain anita goes through a lot of crap for her stance/progressive views on media. regardless, anita's response to the gentleman (well not so much of a gentleman I guess) in the crowd seemed very unprofessional. you can even hear the crowd tone shift to gasps when she says "garbage human".
for some reason I just figured she was above that type of behavior so it's a little surprising.

talk about stooping to someone else's level..

How dare Anita not be a perfectly stoic robot. How dare she call out a piece of shit for being a piece of shit? She should have simply pretended he's not there, because that is surely the correct, appropriate way for an harassed woman to react.

If there's plenty of evidence why do you refuse to post any?

Please share this evidence with us, if you're so sure that it exists.

Velkyn

So she's supposed to take it with a smile or pretend it doesn't fucking happen? Nothing obligates her to respond to this sort of garbage with a whit of professionalism. Taking the high ground is not a realistic possibility with the kinds of garbage that Anita has been subjected to for DARING to be critical of some of the ways games systemically portray women.

Mael

To the extent that she's "actual garbage human being"

Good to know that you're not willing to support Pewdiepie...

WaterAstro

You're telling me Anita speaking at a place called VidCon should have higher standards of public speaking than fucking Obama employed?

Yes, speaking generally for any kind of public speaking. No exceptions.

Do you think they went there to sit quietly and pay attention? I certainly don't. Cut them off at the past, get out in front of their bullshit.

Well, she fed the trolls, the trolls are happy, and they will continue trolling her, maybe even harder now that they acknowledged them in person.

BiggNife

Dude, don't go into a thread and call someone a piece of shit human being and then refuse to provide examples. It really, really makes it seem like you're only in this thread to piss off Anita supporters.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Nope, citation needed. Be specific instead of vague. You called her a garbage human being who shouldn't be listened to by anyone,
here that Neil Druckmann, you did the wrong thing by consulting her about Ellie!1! /s
, if you're gonna have a claim like that, back it up.

Burbeting

Banned
When you get bullied and harassed for years and years with no end in sight, you just cannot keep being a robot in situation like this. There is a boiling point for everyone, and I'm not surprised at Anita's reaction one bit.

Nepenthe

No, not wanting the opinions of others that think or feel differently than her or correct her by creating an environment that she's only comfortable it. Basically, if you're not on her side she's not going to want to hear it and actively take actions not to. I understand the harassment, but I wouldn't doubt that's an excuse to not listen to anyone else.

A person's mental health and personal well-being are more important than your little video game debates.

She shut down easy avenues of contact to her like comment sections because they were filled with egregious harassment. You are not owed anything in this situation. She doesn't know you from Adam's housecat, so she's not going to give you special access to talking directly to her if that's going to open up the floor to more rape threats and doxxing.

If you really want to debate her points, make yet another YouTube video or op ed picking her stuff apart if you really need to get it out how much you disagree with her. But trying to downplay her escaping harassment as not wanting to debate is some fuckboi shit, and you know it.

This, this right here, is why women who play video games don't feel comfortable around y'all.

flkraven

You know it, I know it, everybody knows it

I can't believe people are tone policing a woman for losing it on a guy who showed up to her talk to intimidate her. Someone who has a twitter banner of a photoshop of him caressing her. Because she was unprofessional. How dare she lose her temper on a hate brigade. . . Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Mesoian

Well, she fed the trolls, the trolls are happy, and they will continue trolling her, maybe even harder now that they acknowledged them in person.

The problem with this is that "feeding the trolls" in this particular case, means doing your job. You have to remember, these epople have made hundreds, LITERAL HUNDREDS, of videos trying to expose the woman as some sort of fraud, often times ignoring actual record or history. They aren't interested having some sort of dialogue, they want her to disappear. The only way to not feed the trolls is to literally submit and never work in the space again. And that's letting them win.

I can't believe people are tone policing a woman for losing it on a guy who showed up to her talk to intimidate her. Someone who has a twitter banner of a photoshop of him caressing her. Because she was unprofessional. How dare she lose her temper on a hate brigade. . . Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

"Won't someone think of the racists?"

Public speaking doesn't have a rulebook. This reads like some intro level college course point.

_h8bit

Banned

Buddy, they're going to continue trolling her whether she says something or not. Me? I'd rather heckin' say something and stand up for myself.

Bad7667

It's amazing how some people behave when they don't have a sex life, that's what it all boils down to. Frustrated losers harassing women.

Isn't Sargon married? In fact, I think a lot of these big MRA youtube personalities are in relationships.

And I'm not sure it just boils down to a lack of a sex life. I feel like that ignores a lot of other contributing factors to these people and what they do.

And to be 100% transparent, I am someone with zero sex life and I don't go around harassing and intimidating people.

I just don't think its as simple as: no sex life = awful human.

Shai-Tan

Banned

Basically the way it goes is there is a culture war and some people contribute in a way that's only persuasive to their side. Then there's a subset of these people that Cass Sunstein calls "polarization entrepreneurs" who get reputation and status by feeding off the echo chamber of like minded people who spend a lot of time talking about how awful the other side is, making the average view seem more extreme because of how vocal they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom