• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anita Sarkeesian's astounding 'garbage human' moment at Vidcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently the mouthbreathers who back Carl of Akkad are claiming Boogie had a bad encounter with Sarkessian at vidcon. I don't want to given that nazi apologist's channel any clicks but does anyone know what his account of his meeting with her was?

LKSmash

There´s plenty of evidence every where especially in her videos when she distorts reality to fit her own agenda.

My priority is not supporting piece of shit human being.

You can pile on as much as you want. I will not waste time on people whom have no perspective whatsoever and pure blind faith in some people.

tumblr_mky0e0xZuH1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

No, not wanting the opinions of others that think or feel differently than her or correct her by creating an environment that she's only comfortable it. Basically, if you're not on her side she's not going to want to hear it and actively take actions not to. I understand the harassment, but I wouldn't doubt that's an excuse to not listen to anyone else.
30 people made a concerted effort to all but threaten her and stare her down in order to make her feel intimidated.

Fuck that.

Oersted

There´s plenty of evidence every where especially in her videos when she distorts reality to fit her own agenda.

You can pile on as much as you want. I will not waste time on people whom have no perspective whatsoever and pure blind faith in some people.

I gonna pretend you argue in good faith.

Sarkeesian at worst makes mistakes.

Sargon and his losers act malicious with bad intentions out of principle

Rookhelm

Why is it an "agenda" only when it's something you don't agree with?

What about the assholes in the audience? What about their agenda?

Nepenthe

I can't believe people are tone policing a woman for losing it on a guy who showed up to her talk to intimidate her.

Are you really in disbelief that a culture that allowed Gamergate to exist at all, a culture that balks at women's-only events as implicit attacks on all men, is also interesting in tone policing a woman's response to her serial harassers?

There is no agenda inherent in "friendly debate" from white men, silly.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I can't believe people are tone policing a woman for losing it on a guy who showed up to her talk to intimidate her. Someone who has a twitter banner of a photoshop of him caressing her. Because she was unprofessional. How dare she lose her temper on a hate brigade. . . Fuck outta here with that bullshit.
I literally bolded in the OP the section where she addresses that specific line of moderate both sides bullshit too.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I am not supporting Sargon or anyone. But Anita Sakeesian is a liar, manipulator, opportunist. She is actual garbage human being as well. People should not listen to any word she says.
And also not everyone "dies on a hill" if they think see things exactly as you do. You and others don´t seem to have any perspective whatsoever. One garbage human being getting insulted does not make the person insults others any less of a garbage human being.

No she's not. Prove me wrong. As in: haven't you lied, manipulated or taken an opportunity in your life? Has she done it worse than you? Haven't everyone done these things? Has she done something criminal? Has she hurt anyone? Has she harassed anyone? Has she threatened anyone?

I came in thinking "she said that, bout time she snapped at someone"
Then I quickly rethought my position going "no, they probably called her that."
Then I was surprised to find my initial thought was correct.

Also +1 at Bad7667, you may assume certain things about some of these people, but the truth will likely surprise you

JeTmAn81

So apparently the mouthbreathers who back Carl of Akkad are claiming Boogie had a bad encounter with Sarkessian at vidcon. I don't want to given that nazi apologist's channel any clicks but does anyone know what his account of his meeting with her was?

I actually just watched his video on this. He said that Sarkeesian ended the panel by telling the crowd to take what was apparently aggressive action against bullying and negativity. He then added on to what she said by saying something to the effect that he was more in favor of positivity. Sarkeesian seemed ok with that, but then had some words for him after the panel, mentioning that she was upset that she didn't have a chance to respond to what he said. They talked it over for awhile and things seemed ok.

Da-Kid

Didn't Anita call Zelda in BOTW sexist and didn't even play through the game enough to even know what the fuck Zelda's purpose was? Yes she did. That's one of the ways she bends things to fit her agenda.

Eidan

You come into a thread about Anita Sarkeesian being harassed at a convention, call her a piece of shit, and then have the nerve to become indignant when people ask you to explain your rationale? Dude, if I were you I'd just avoid Sarkeesian threads from here on out.

Oersted

Using the word agenda as criticism reveals exclusively their own agenda and poor grasp on the english language.

Its kinda funny.

Jebusman

Banned

"What I am saying is the truth and no one can tell me otherwise"

"I refuse to engage with people who won't look at things from all sides"

Also I want to pour one out for my buddy Trokil. All the shit talking about GMOs and Vaccines and Free Speech and whatnot, and the thing that finally does you in is a gamergate thread.

She was EXPOSED big time. Sarkeesian claimed Princess Peach was a damsel in distress but in the GBA game Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, Princess Peach was a role model.

Pretty much. I remember someone pointing out how a long time ago she tweeted something along the lines of "I'd love a Female Link! Come on Nintendo make it happen!" and then a couple years later when Linkle was made for HWL, she said "Eh, she's a Ms. Male character for a non-canon spinoff" and people jumped on this as "HAHA! Checkmate!"

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out this dude is madly in love with her.

It's amazing how some people behave when they don't have a sex life, that's what it all boils down to. Frustrated losers harassing women, they have nothing better to do with their time.

This too.

Aeana

Didn't Anita call Zelda in BOTW sexist and didn't even play through the game enough to even know what the fuck Zelda's purpose was? Yes she did. That's one of the ways she bends things to fit her agenda.

Wow. If that's the case then I don't know why we're not all sending her death threats right now. What a bitch!

EmiPrime

I actually just watched his video on this. He said that Sarkeesian ended the panel by telling the crowd to take what was apparently aggressive action against bullying and negativity. He then added on to what she said by saying something to the effect that he was more in favor of positivity. Sarkeesian seemed ok with that, but then had some words for him after the panel, mentioning that she was upset that she didn't have a chance to respond to what he said. They talked it over for awhile and things seemed ok.

Ah good old Boogie, the "both sides", false moderate at it again.

MUnited83

For you.

"There's plenty of evidence" says person that hasn't presented none. In the same breath he whines about people having blind faith on someone, not realising the irony.

Mesoian

CITATION NEEDED.

That means post a link or something.

BUT EVEN IF THAT'S TRUE (claps in between all that), that is her opinion which you can choose to disagree with. YOU DO NOT FUCKING GO TO HER PANEL WITH THE INTENT OF INTIMIDATING HER INTO SUBMISSION!

How is that difficult to understand.

If you don't agree with her, don't watch her shit. If you start a harrassment campaign against her because you don't agree with her, YOU ARE A PSYCHOPATH. Full stop.

Carcetti

What? Send the woman to jail.

How dare she disrespect superior video games culture.

giphy.gif

Evidence that you can't seem to cite.

OHOKAYTHANKSFORCOMINGTOTHECONVERSATIONTOPROVIDENOTHING!

How dare Anita not be a perfectly stoic robot. How dare she call out a piece of shit for being a piece of shit? She should have simply pretended he's not there, because that is surely the correct, appropriate way for an harassed woman to react.

If there's plenty of evidence why do you refuse to post any?

Please give us like 3 examples

Please share this evidence with us, if you're so sure that it exists.

To the extent that she's "actual garbage human being"

Good to know that you're not willing to support Pewdiepie...

Nope, citation needed. Be specific instead of vague. You called her a garbage human being who shouldn't be listened to by anyone,
here that Neil Druckmann, you did the wrong thing by consulting her about Ellie!1! /s
, if you're gonna have a claim like that, back it up.

*"Plenty" of evidence*
*Can't cite one source*

????????????????????????????????????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZPSrwedvsg
She purposely lies about Hitman and manipulate everything to fit her own agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRSaLZidWI

Nepenthe

I played through the whole game. Got it on a midnight launch. Held a close-knit Zelda/Switch launch party.

Zelda's purpose is in part to be saved by Link. Again. In a title meant to buck the series' conventions.

She has an amazing backstory and character development, at least for the series.

But let's not act like her being rescued wasn't as much an end goal as killing Ganon.

JeTmAn81

Ah good old Boogie, the "both sides", false moderate at it again.

He mentioned that Sarkeesian drew issue with that line of thinking, pointing out to him that it was used disingenuously by many people who don't actually want unity/positivity.

Mael

Didn't you send death threats to the dalai lama and claim he came from mars?
You either post a link to her position or you accurately represent her views, no more shitty driveby vague BS.

She's put up with enough shit from these people, and she's well within her rights (IMO) to give those jerks what they deserve.

I don't care if you agree with her or not. I don't agree with every single finite detail, but I've learned plenty from her videos, and they've certainly given me lots to think about too. I don't think she's an (insert derogatory insult here) for putting forward a well thought out statement and facts to back what she says up.

It's much better than the shitty side of the fence that just makes fun of her, threatens her, ridicules her, and attempts to bully her. Fuck them. They're openly being indirect in their actions, and anyone not smart enough to see what they're doing is either A) in need of serious caffeine, or B) lying.

Order

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZPSrwedvsg
She purposely lies about Hitman and manipulate everything to fit her own agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRSaLZidWI
Gaming ain't shit, man.

Really out here justifying harassment because she said some things about games.

Platy

She said they tryed to change but ended up with Zelda being trapped in the same way.

That is not as simple as just calling sexist and not playing. She mentions that you can enjoy something and be critical of it on EVERY SINGLE VIDEO.

I still have LOTS of problems with how they handled the Gerudo city and quest but loved the game anyway

EmiPrime

He mentioned that Sarkeesian drew issue with that line of thinking, pointing out to him that it was used disingenuously by many people who don't actually want unity/positivity.

A lot of people have tried to get through to boogie on that matter, including on GAF before he was banned. Maybe Anita got through to him and the penny finally dropped for him but I am not holding my breath.

LinLeigh

I'm speaking overall, not much about the article.

So when talking specifically about harassment you come in to talk about her only wanting echo chambers.

Which at best is kinda derailing the conversation and at its worse victim blaming.

Considering you also made the argument that she uses the harassment as a reason not to debate I think you might not be arguing in good faith.

Why should she debate with people who don't want an honest debate and are constantly harrasing her?

Did you see the responses she got before she blocked everything?

Did you watch her video where she takes a very moderate stand and repeats you can enjoy stuff even if it is problematic in places?

Da-Kid

Wow. If that's the case then I don't know why we're not all sending her death threats right now. What a bitch!
I don't hate Anita.. I'm just saying. There's two sides of the coin. I don't agree or condone the harassment she's faced. I will say some, maybe even a lot may be due to her making weird and reaching or completely inaccurate claims like that.

Like how she said in Hitman players are encouraged to kill women, then proceeded to show herself needless in dragging a dead woman's corpse around mindlessly... Saying that's what men do. That was pretty..... hmm.. fabricated.

Pond life scum who will cry and wave that banner of professional victimhood no matter what Anita would have done. I say good on Anita for this response. She's endured ceaseless harassment for years, and yet stood strong in the face of the onslaught to do what she does, so I feel she's more than damn fucking entitled to calling these cunts out for what they are. She's just considerably more polite at the description than what I would come up with.

I cannot fathom the attempts in this thread to somehow equalise Anita with actual psychopathic wastes of oxygen like Sargon. Let's see...one perhaps has made mistakes and hyperbole in the past. Reaching for straws on a few occasions even. Okay, cool. Hardly worth throwing them onto the pyre for. The other side has actively gone out of their way to do everything in their power to belittle, to victimise, to send death threat after death threat, to clog the internet up with their bile, is absolutely unable to argue in good faith (or much less to even argue without constructing strawmen before screaming ad hominems and calling themselves victims), and has now literally coordinated a plan to physically turn up to a venue and intimidate the woman like a pack of animalistic predators.

Yes, yes. They are totally alike. By Jove, let me rag on Anita a bit. There is absolutely no way that the optics for this can look bad at all!

Yukinari

People like MundaneMatt and Sargon were told by security that they were allowed to attend the cyber bullying panel but would have to sit farther back as to not be a focus of the audience.

Even if you disagree with that id say thats fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom