• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Code/Trace Memory: R announced for Wii

Aeana

http://www.onlineplayer.jp/modules/topics/article.php?storyid=11307

__bigimage_48e486d971256.jpg

081002_anothercode_s1.jpg

081002_anothercode_s3.jpg

trinest

Q3/Q4 release in westurn regions I assume. Q2 in Japan?

It looks a lot more polished than the original title on the Nintendo DS. I can't wait to hear what the story is about.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I see the DS-like PDA is still in.
I hope it's a bit longer than the first one.

trinest

Jocchan said:
I see the DS-like PDA is still in.
I hope it's a bit longer than the first one.
The DAS? I didn't notice that before. I wonder if it will have a more solid use.

I didn't get the DS game because i heard it was really short, im liking the look of this one but the length is what im worried about.

trinest

flipping_heck said:
I didn't get the DS game because i heard it was really short, im liking the look of this one but the length is what im worried about.
Yeah iddno, if its as short as the DS one I wont mind.
The game is short on the DS but not a hassle short. Perfect for replaying over and over if you loved it. It's a good size for the type of game.

PolyGone

Banned
Dascu said:
Yeah, looks like it's a tad similar to Killer7's method of movement.

And that's a good thing.

I suppose that will make things easier for the casuals to get into it, so yeah

Zoc

The linked article doesn't mention a developer. Still, high hopes.

Bring on Hotel Dusk Wii!

trinest

Vagabundo said:
Female lead without big boobs. Win...

Looks interesting, never heard of the first one. Adventure game?
Dude Loli alert.
Adventure Novel Game on Nintendo DS. In America it was released under a stupid name of Trace Memory.

Zoc said:
The linked article doesn't mention a developer. Still, high hopes.

Bring on Hotel Dusk Wii!
Developer: Cing
Publisher: Nintendo
:)

Hotel Dusk is possible, as ages ago Cing said that they would love to revist both games again. We got Another Code Wii, so Hotel Dusk Wii isn't that farfetched.

nny

I liked the first DS game quite a bit, and with Cing on the helm I'm expecting something good. A Wii version of a game on the vein of Hotel Dusk could be very interesting. Hope this release goes well enough so that could happen.

RpgN

flipping_heck said:

Same here.

I really didn't expect a wii version though. Great news :D

Dead Man Typing said:
I'm looking for a Hotel Dusk like game and never played the first one if this, would it be a good buy?

yeah, same company as Hotel Dusk. and it's really cheap too. selling for $7.50 used/$15 new on amazon.

nny

Dead Man Typing said:
Cool, which is the English language version? Another Code or Trace Memory?

You can get both with English language, Trace Memory in the US or Another Code: Two Memories in Europe.

ctalamode

Neo Member
Trace Memory was just good, not great, on the DS. It was mostly too linear.
However, I am really loving the art style in this one from these screens. Plus, there aren't enough Wii adventures!

This game completes me. I am Trace Memory. I cannot wait! :D

Why didn't they talk about it at the NOA conference? Think it's just too early, or too low profile, or something? Should I be concerned?

Cosmozone

Best news of the conference, yay! Hope there are cool puzzles using the system's features like in the DS version. Those were so charming.

nubbe

Another Code had some nice puzzles unique to the DS.
A sequel on the DSi would probably have been more interesting than the probable "shake it" puzzles on the Wii.

nubbe said:
Another Code had some nice puzzles unique to the DS.
A sequel on the DSi would probably have been more interesting than the probable "shake it" puzzles on the Wii.
DSi Connectivity? It would make some sense because the DTS had a camera on it. :lol

That would be pretty awesome.

JavyOO7

These guys also did Hotel Dusk, right.

I always wanted to play Trace Memory, though. I will buy this version...

Princess Skittles said:
Isn't the Wii game Trace Memory R and the actual Trace Memory 2 is a future DS release?
I don't think this is a remake, as the screenshots don't feature locations/characters (except for Ashley) from the DS game.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Buttonbasher said:
I don't think this is a remake, as the screenshots don't feature locations/characters (except for Ashley) from the DS game.
No, it's not a remake. I thought they were making two sequels, R for the Wii, 2 for the DS.

Aeana

Princess Skittles said:
No, it's not a remake. I thought they were making two sequels, R for the Wii, 2 for the DS.

I'm not sure where you're getting the DS thing from, but you're right that this one is called Another Code: R - Door of Memories. I guess I shouldn't have called it 2 in the title. Nowhere does it say anything about a DS sequel, though.

Top Bottom