• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Code/Trace Memory: R announced for Wii

Dascu

Aeana said:
I'm not sure where you're getting the DS thing from, but you're right that this one is called Another Code: R - Door of Memories. I guess I shouldn't have called it 2 in the title. Nowhere does it say anything about a DS sequel, though.
I don't remember where or when, but I do remember hearing about there being 2 Another Code games in the works as well. I think it might've been from a list of registered trademarks or something.

Pellham

Banned
that ho needs some alternate costumes to appeal to the mainly japanese pervs who will be buying it for the loli

eXistor

Cool, the first was flawed but really fun. Cinq learned a lot since then (see Hotel Dusk) and should hopefully even be better. Anyway the Wii needs these kind of games if it wants to be taken seriously.

Hive

Banned
Thanks to Aeana for making a thread about this release! Trace Memory/Another Code needs more exposure~ It's an intriguing sleeper-hit for the DS, at the least!

stuminus3

Fuck Nintendo and their fucking awesomeness today. Fuck them.

I hate you, fucking awesome Nintendo.

Can't wait to see the puzzles on this one. Neither Trace Memory or Hotel Dusk had particularly challenging puzzles, but they both made some good use of the hardware for some thinking-out-of-the-box solutions.

Ok, serious question time.

I never played Another Code, but I did play Hotel Dusk. Is this series more focused on dialog like the latter, or is it more of a focus on puzzle solving and interaction? I was terribly disappointed with the pacing and general gameplay of Dusk.

Grecco

Trace Memory was probably more enjoyable than Hotel Dusk so im glad they are making a sequel to that instead.

Plus i support Adventure games on Wii (Capcom you know what you need to do)

I never played Another Code, but I did play Hotel Dusk. Is this series more focused on dialog like the latter, or is it more of a focus on puzzle solving and interaction? I was terribly disappointed with the pacing and general gameplay of Dusk.

Maybe more puzzles. But theres so much blatant similarities. Even the silly Pop Quiz sections at the end of each chapter.

I knew Hotel Dusk had a dedicated following, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see so many Trace Memory fans here too. I didn't know there was such a contingent.

Hive

Banned
Jcgamer60 said:
This was a decent adventure game for DS and I did enjoy it, but does this really need a sequel? And why on Wii?

why not a sequel, and why not on Wii? :/

If the text/adventure genre is going to expand, it needs to find other platforms~
Solving puzzles that utilize the Wii-mote will be fantastic to try!

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
farnham said:
another-code-two-memories.325717.jpg

Ashley needs to lose weight

just kidding
She needs more booty.

Anyways, yay! I loved the first game, these text heavy puzzle story driven adventures are what makes the DS for me.

Gwanatu T

I never bothered with the first game on the DS because I heard it was painfully easy and short, and I wasn't about to spend money on something that could be beaten in (what I heard) an hour or so. This is looking nice though, hopefully it's better.

Hive

Banned
Gwanatu T said:
I never bothered with the first game on the DS because I heard it was painfully easy and short, and I wasn't about to spend money on something that could be beaten in (what I heard) an hour or so. This is looking nice though, hopefully it's better.

it is easy and short, but not painfully so ^o^

Danielsan

Gwanatu T said:
It's about 7-8 hours but totally worth it. Such a sweet story, fantastic puzzles that really utilize the DS and a great sense of atmosphere. I loved it.

CO_Andy said:
BY THE OWL GODS!

There are finally Wii games from Nintendo i can look forward to! E3 came late this year.
127b4cf82b6d13fcd9e2ffd86754112d6g.jpg

Anyway, I actually bought the original quite a while back but haven't gone past the ship that lands you on the island.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
CING, right?
I liked Trace Memory, and LOVED Hotel Dusk. Looks like a real sequel, and if it shows some of Hotel Dusk's increased quality... could be amazing.

:D

Mejilan said:
CING, right?
I liked Trace Memory, and LOVED Hotel Dusk. Looks like a real sequel, and if it shows some of Hotel Dusk's increased quality... could be amazing.

:D
Remember the good ol' days in the Hotel Dusk thread?

Good times... :D

Troidal

Day One.

I loved Another Code so the sequel is definitely a huge welcome.
This and Sin and Punishment II finally brings more games on my Wii (seriously).

Great job Nintendo!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Buttonbasher said:
Remember the good ol' days in the Hotel Dusk thread?

Good times... :D

Yep. Definitely good times. I don't think Trace Memory ever really got such a thread. At least, I don't recall one quite like that.

Azuran

Banned
First day purchase.

That reminds me, I re;a;y need to but the DS version again. I still can't believe I gave my old copy away.

I really enjoyed Trace Memory, and I'm really surprised to see there is a fairly large group of people that share my opinion. It was pretty poorly received by both the gaming press and enthusiast-sites like GAF.

Bebpo

Banned
I hope it's better than their DS games. The DS ones are...passable. But I've think they've used up their spare lives and really need to sink or swim with this one.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Hope the game is a bit longer than the DS version. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

justchris

I will definitely be picking this up. Need to replay the first one so I can have the story fresh in mind. I may do that when I get home.

Hive said:
What did you enjoy most about it?

The dialogue, scenarios and puzzles mainly. It was just a very enjoyable experience from beginning to end. I also enjoyed Hotel Dusk, which seems to have an even larger love-it-or-hate-it mentality here.

Hive

Banned
Dragona:

Wow~ I had no idea you liked Hotel Dusk, which a lot of GAFers slammed for having a "shoddy" narrative, and I know how important that is to you.

I loved every second of it because of so many reasons, but mostly because of atmosphere~

1979, dilapidated hotel in the middle of a desert, patrons with intriguing backgrounds, and a main character who's hit bottom.

Somehow, the story was well enough so that I became pretty absorbed in that world.

LiK

Hive said:
Dragona:

Wow~ I had no idea you liked Hotel Dusk, which a lot of GAFers slammed for having a "shoddy" narrative, and I know how important that is to you.

I loved every second of it because of so many reasons, but mostly because of atmosphere~

1979, dilapidated hotel in the middle of a desert, patrons with intriguing backgrounds, and a main character who's hit bottom.

Somehow, the story was well enough so that I became pretty absorbed in that world.

what?? Hotel Dusk was terrific. those GAFers know nothing!

btw, you and Dragona have great tastes :D

Hive said:
Dragona:

I agree. Cing creates amazing Atmosphere. This looks no different. I like how it seems to be sidescrolling in the outer world, but 3D exploration for indoors. It's quite similar to the game I've been working on in my spare time!

Isn't there something else going on tomorrow morning? Could there be a US announcement there?

Hive said:

I support this post. The atmosphere (the sweet music added so much) was awesome and I thought the story was as well!! I'd like a sequel that would further his adventures. A prequel would be interesting too.

Hive

Banned
Cing mentioned in an interview that we haven't seen the last of Kyle Hyde.

Besides, if Cing are so inclined to develop a sequel to Trace Memory/Another Code despite the cool reaction it received, then no doubt we will see Hotel Dusk make a return.

Hotel Dusk: 1999 ?? ^o^

Jcgamer60

Hive said:
Cing mentioned in an interview that we haven't seen the last of Kyle Hyde.

Besides, if Cing are so inclined to develop a sequel to Trace Memory/Another Code despite the cool reaction it received, then no doubt we will see Hotel Dusk make a return.

Hotel Dusk: 1999 ?? ^o^

Does anyone have a link to this interview?

Top Bottom