• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ant-Man |OT| Is It Too Late To Change The Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Finally saw this, enjoyed it but one thing bugged me.

The Yellowjacket suit just seemed way to good. It looks like it flies way better than the Iron Man suit, and shoots lasers. Ant-Man should hook Falcon up with some of that technology considering how shitty his suit is in comparison.

Dalek

The Yellowjacket suit just seemed way to good. It looks like it flies way better than the Iron Man suit, and shoots lasers. Ant-Man should hook Falcon up with some of that technology considering how shitty his suit is in comparison.

I don't know-everyone knocks on Falcon, but I re-watched Winter Soldier recently and he really pilots that suit very well.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Don't know how fast or maneuverable that suit is compared to Falcon's wings.

I know its describing the act of growing small but Hank's line about the Iron Man suit being a toy compared to his suit is somewhat enlightening.

The Kree

Banned

It was meant to be militarized, so it's supposed be awesome. And having the hero defeat a villain with superior tech makes the victory sweeter.

aliengmr

So I'm watching this OnDemand, is the opening scene a building with the text "1989"?

Its a stupid question I know, but I just want to make sure I'm not renting half a movie.

Kickz

Best part of the movie is when the belt broke at the end. Anyways if it wasnt for the horrible bad guy this would be better

Dalek

He means the scene in the beginning were
young Hank Pym says fuck you to Tonys Dad in the yet to be build Triskellion

sad.gif

Best part of the movie is when the belt broke at the end. Anyways if it wasnt for the horrible bad guy this would be better

How dare you-Yellowjacket was awesome.

G-Fex

Yellowjacket was a very good villain I liked. He was just pretty insane, I know they blamed it on the things but nah he's just way too psycho and cruel to be just things messing with his brain.

Heck of a battle, I loved it.

I might even check out some Ant-man comics now.

Seriously I never doubted Ant-man as a superhero but wow did I underestimate how much I'd like him. I'd rather get more Ant-man sequels!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yellowjacket was a very good villain I liked. He was just pretty insane, I know they blamed it on the things but nah he's just way too psycho and cruel to be just things messing with his brain.

Seriously I never doubted Ant-man as a superhero but wow did I underestimate how much I'd like him. I'd rather get more Ant-man sequels!

Nick Spencer's Ant-Man is real good.

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/51374/ant-man_2015_1

Dalek

I've said this before but Yellowjacket was fucking deranged. He was a very threatening villian. Who flushes people down the toilet?

Yeah I saw this recently and I thought it was great. Good humour, great actors (really liked the relationship between Douglas and Lily), a decent plot which rightfully felt scaled down and more intimate than the messy Age of Ultron, fun set-pieces making the most of the smaller scale, and so on. I could tell that there was a lot of Edgar Wright DNA in the script, and despite the last minute change of directors I thought it was well directed and filmed, and had plenty of personality popping off the screen. The plot was okay and the dude was a bit of a cliched villain, but overall it was really fun and entertaining, and it definitely feels like a film I'll make the effort to watch again the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom