• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My name is too offensive for Dragon Quest Monsters

It's a single player game, who the hell cares what I call myself?

I like that we've gone this far in the thread without anyone telling you (or you discovering for yourself) that the game has online multiplayer features where you see other people's names. So, grand mystery solved.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
As we speak, internet is becoming more sensitive than a first masturbation after a month guy

It sucks

calistan

I like that we've gone this far in the thread without anyone telling you (or you discovering for yourself) that the game has online multiplayer features where you see other people's names. So, grand mystery solved.
Wouldn't want anyone to be exposed to anything as triggering as "Christopher"

What about my CoD example where I couldn't use 'assault' as a loadout name? Nobody but the player who named it can see the names of loadouts.

They'll let that go in MW3 (but definitely not ass on its own) and they're still flagging partial matches for what they consider the most offensive words. A shame if you wanted to name your loadout after the English seaside town of Scunthorpe.

The Stig

In Project Cars 1 my actual last name is a swear word.
wtf.jpg

My last name is Harrison, btw.

Corrected in PC2.

bender

What time is it?
Reminds me of when I tried to create "Spice Weasel" as my Gamertag. It took me way too long to figure out why it was considered offensive.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Our culture is pretty schizophrenic to be honest.
Cursing in Movies and Series is almost as normal as in reality, but in videogames it’s suddenly crossing a line.

Impotaku

Had this annoying shit happen to me in Nier automata, neither my real name Jason or my nickname i use online it would accept said that they were both unacceptible names. My only guess is in some foriegn language they are slang for something. Games should fuck off with this kind of stuff if they are really that worried stop giving the player a choice just name the damn characters & files automatically.

Last edited:

Pejo

Reminds me of getting invaded in Dark Souls 2 by Heide K***ht or whatever it was, can't remember the full name.

Top Bottom