• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody knows anything else about Mass Efect PS3 being announced this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron said:
It's actually true. Aside from the annoying cameos, you start over from scratch in ME2. New team, new skills, new bosses, new ship, new everything.

Forgot new life. you can even change your old Shepard's appearance if you feel like it.

ConradCervantes said:
Even Gears? I think Microsoft would rather give a lifetime warranty for the 360 than give up Gears as a cornerstone IP.
And no, people. Before you all chime in, Epic owns the Gears property, not Microsoft.

mh I don't know how deeply MS is involved with Gears, e.g. if they gave them technology etc. for developing it, it might be too expensive for Epic to by them out. You are also probably right, Gears is too big for MS to let it go. On the other hand they let EA have ME.

OldJadedGamer said:
If you look at sales of the consoles... the strategy seems to be working in their favor. In the US at least. But actually I expect to see EVERY PS3 exclusive developer that isn't owned by Sony to work on the 360 at some point.
Third party exclusives need to die off already. Make a game by your own studios *that you own* and let third party developers make games for everyone.

I agree with you to a certain degree, but if it means we get games like LBP, Flower and Heavy Rain, it's surely not a bad thing. Without the funding and exposure by Sony, these games probably either wouldn't exists or would be less successful on multiple platforms (see the last HR numbers vs. Fahrenheit). At the same time these games show the difference between Sony's and MS's policy in this regard: Sony actually owns all those IPs so while the developer might release another game on the 360 (well, MM is now first party anyway), all these PS3 exclusive games will never show up on the 360 (not even as Heavy Rain Sigma or whatever). For some reason this is the case even with third party exclusive stuff (MGS4, exclusive free DLC from whatever games etc.) though sometimes the reason is just the japan-centric PS3 demographic (VC, Yakuza).

big_z said:
im curious what studio is doing this port providing it exists. as far as im aware bioware edmonton(mass effect birth place) isnt working on a PS3 version.
i expect a lot of bitter tears shortly but either way we'll see a permaban for de-mon or Jerk 2.0 lopping off a testicle.

Please keep it mind the poor guy did not know if it will be announced today.

- Spanish forum/site had info (from a source who spilled other beans before) about a ME PS3 announcement this week.
- De-mon said ME PS3 really exists (and actually more people heard about it coming) and is called Mass Effect Genesis and should be announced soon.
- De-mon was said to be a reliably guy on GAF

Hydrargyrus said:
I don't know, but I'm pretty confident that we will see L4D 3 in PS3 too

After the E3 this one was even more realistic than ME, because it wasn't even an exclusive deal with MS but just that they didn't develop for the PS3 prior to Portal 2.

Jerk 2.0 said:
I am so certain that this rumor has no basis in fact that I would be willing to bet my left testicle.

Many a poster will be crying bitter tears later today (or in a couple of week, lol)...

I'm not very interested in your left testicle. Do you have any other thing to bet?

Crisis

Banned
SolidusDave said:
Please keep it mind the poor guy did not know if it will be announced today.

angry-hedgehog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom