• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex 2012 | Fighting game tournament | January 6-8

unreon

Cheers friend! Would love hearing regular updates from here, smashboards is just an ugly website to use on phones :/

Azure J

Watching that match, can anyone see why Smash players beast in Marvel? Hooooooly shit.

Also I don't know why, but every time I think of Jigglypuff blowing up in exposure, I remember GAF's old Smash head Jiggy talking about her stuff YEARS beforehand. He was prophetic. :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Watching that match, can anyone see why Smash players beast in Marvel? Hooooooly shit.

Also I don't know why, but every time I think of Jigglypuff blowing up in exposure, I remember GAF's old Smash head Jiggy talking about her stuff YEARS beforehand. He was prophetic. :lol

Even back than Jigglypuff was upper mid.

Javi has beaten:

Redd
Weon X
KDJ
Vanz
Lovage
Hax
Peepee

in losers, not including pools/winnerss

Wow.

Now for the match we've been waiting for. The match to decide the best player in the world...USA v. Sweden. :eek:

unreon

WTF javi killed my PP?! so sad right now. Buy huge props to javi.

Wow, who even put javi in losers in the first place?

Hope he can handle Puff, now i want javi to win the whole thing!

Arde5643

Whoa, really good Ryu vs Jsmaster in Brazil.

Came down to the last rounds between them - hype stuff.

Edit: oh wow, Js master is out - came to a close round between him and an akuma.

ReiGun

Is Smash a fighting game? I don't know, but I do know one thing it is: fucking Hype! This Y. Link v Jiggly match is what's up right now.

Azure J

Looking at this Y. Link play reminds me, did anyone play heavy with hot potato mixups? Nothing's as great as psyching folks out between throwing and re-catching your own item to light throw or drop it over their head while hitting with an ambiguous smash attack.

ReiGun

I find this boring compared to the earlier matches. Still needs to be respected though.

I missed those unfortunately. :( Waiting on the archive. Though I'm just loving watching high level Melee for the first time in years (especially with two characters I've never seen at this level).

Okay, the final minutes of these long sets are scary.
I missed those unfortunately. :( Waiting on the archive. Though I'm just loving watching high level Melee for the first time in years (especially with two characters I've never seen at this level).
You missed a metric buttload of crazy shit.

Top Bottom