• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPad Media Event |OT| 'We Still Have a Lot to Cover'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flek

Banned
2WSWSY3.jpg

izE7ptSOwQ0tb.jpg

What: Apple's "iPad" event
Date: October 22th
Time: 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern

Time of the event around the world

iFJ3RV5kdF0wz.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/21/4861774/live-coverage-apple-ipad-5-event
http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/22/apple-liveblog/
http://www.macrumors.com
http://9to5mac.com/2013/10/20/tune-...s-mac-pro-details-macbook-pros-and-mavericks/

ibtAD3FliGckhs.jpg

IPAD 5
new slimmed down design
Apple's powerful 64-bit A7 Chip
Maybe: Touch ID / Smart Covers

SECOND-GENERATION IPAD MINI
Retina display
new Design
maybe: iphone c like colors

More (all maybes):

IPODS - its time
OS X MAVERICKS - Release Date
THE ALL-NEW MAC PRO
UPDATED MACBOOK PROS AND MAC MINI
APPLE TV 4

Kraftwerk

They are definitely going to announce the new Mac Pro is this event correct? I mean, I keep seeing the teaser for it and it says fall.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just want the mini.

I've use my Apple TV less and less ever since I got my new tv due to built in apps. Would need to be something really good to get me to upgrade.

Grifter

I take it Jason Statham was cast as a futuristic Sonny Crockett that solves crimes via pastel tablets?

Anyone know if the Apple education discount applies to iPads or Apple TVs?

Jimrpg

'We Still Have a Lot to Cover'

we're getting new smart covers.

Speaking of which - i always felt apple made really shitty covers. third party ones have always been better.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just want the mini.

I've use my Apple TV less and less ever since I got my new tv due to built in apps. Would need to be something really good to get me to upgrade.

it'd need a full on app store I think to get me interested again. It's too closed a system right now.

beef up the chip, put in bluetooth controller support from ios7 and open it up to devs.

if they slim down the bezels on the full size ipad (without it meaning you accidentally hit things on the screen when holding it) then I'm in for an ipad 5 - I shouldn't have jumped on a first gen retina as they were replaced so quickly. Want some speed back.

What's the going rate for selling an ipad 2 or 3? Wondering whether to sell mine on or hand them down.

LCfiner

predictions! (I am terrible at these)

iPad mini with retina display maintains same pricing as old ipad mini. 330, 430 etc. base model still 16 GB. uses A6X chip, not A7 variant.

iPad 5 weighs between 1.1 and 1.2 pounds.same pricing as before, same GB capacities. A7X chip.

Apple sells ipad 4 for 400. apple does not sell a one year old ipad mini at all.

Mavericks goes on sale in one week for $20.

Mac Pro on sale in November starting at $2500. But that config will seem wildly underpowered in at least one aspect (either GPU or storage) so "real" pricing will begin at $3000.

Haswell rMBP refresh (and regular MBP). battery life of 8-10 hours. 15" model retain dGPU

No Apple TV refresh.

Modest ipod touch refresh with A6. no ipod nano, shuffle refresh. ipod classic stays as is - escapes death for one more year.

no major itunes release. just version 11.3 or whatever point release number is next.

no fancy, elaborate ipad covers with built in keyboards.

StuBurns

Banned
Why is no one saying Mac Mini update? It's been a year, I'm planning to buy one next week, don't give me bad news GAF.

Thoraxes

I'm hoping for a Touch refresh, personally (as far as crazy wishlist items go).

I already planned on a new iPad though, but I don't really expect anything new new on that frontier outside of what we already know is happening.

Nero3000

Predictions:

iPad (5) - Design improvement, A7X, touchID (same price points)
iPad Mini (2) - A6, touchID, same display (same price points)

iWork/iLife for iOS updated with iOS7 visual design.

Mavericks release date

New Macbook Pros with Haswell
New Retina Macbook Pros with Haswell
Retina Macbook Air

MacPro release date
Retina Thunderbolt display

magnetic

Why is no one saying Mac Mini update? It's been a year, I'm planning to buy one next week, don't give me bad news GAF.

The one thing I love the most about my Mini is how incredibly easy it was to upgrade the RAM. You don´t even need a screwdriver, just pop open the lid at the bottom, throw out old modules, put in new ones. Started with 4gb RAM, upgraded to 8, and found out half a year later that it allows up to 16gb, which I promptly did.

It´s such an un-Apple thing. Now even the iMac doesn´t allow RAM switching, unless you want to go remove the glass, the screen and half the internals first, right?

It´s so weird they not even made it so easy on the Mini, but actually deliberately designed that lid to be as easily accessible as possible.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
expecting Apple might bump UK pricing too - based on iphone 5S going up. If exchange rates change they usually wait for a new model to adjust pricing.

hoping not, but the eg 32GB ipad 4 is currently £479, so they could easily bump that up to £499

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom