• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPad Media Event |OT| 'We Still Have a Lot to Cover'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
2WSWSY3.jpg

Is this King Ive?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I am ready. Sold my iPad 3 in September, bought a Nexus, realized Verizon didn't support the 4G/LTE (and there was not 3G) and returned it (nice device otherwise). So I'm looking for a Verizon LTE iPad mini 2 with retina.

Not that I really mind seeing as if I want to listen to music on the go I use my iPhone, but it is sad to see the iPod lines neglected. Used to be so iconic, but now taken over by the iPhone. Their peak imo was the iPod (5G) and the iPod Nano (1G). Beautiful designs, really classy. And the packaging for them was really nice.

Futureman

Not that I really mind seeing as if I want to listen to music on the go I use my iPhone, but it is sad to see the iPod lines neglected. Used to be so iconic, but now taken over by the iPhone. Their peak imo was the iPod (5G) and the iPod Nano (1G). Beautiful designs, really classy. And the packaging for them was really nice.

I don't think there's much more they could do with the standard iPod. They still refreshed with some new colors this year and the Touch is still going strong. Ecce Homo.

I don't think there's much more they could do with the standard iPod. They still refreshed with some new colors this year and the Touch is still going strong. Ecce Homo.

That said the current iPod Shuffle design is the best one. The first clip one was pretty much perfect and then (after the stupid non button one) they trimmed it down to a neat square. Don't see how you could improve it other than audio quality/file storage increases.

So yeah... what to do with my gen 1 mini.

Think ill give it to my mom or someone. Not sure how much they are gonna be worth after the conference... hopefully 200?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
So exciting. Credit card is ready to go. Come on iPad 5 and 15" rMBP with dedicated GPU.

Futureman

That said the current iPod Shuffle design is the best one. The first clip one was pretty much perfect and then (after the stupid non button one) they trimmed it down to a neat square. Don't see how you could improve it other than audio quality/file storage increases.

I just bought one a month ago for basketball. I love it. I actually just use it in general now instead of wasting phone battery.

you guys think rMBP will be in Apple stores today?

All I want is official gamepads to be announced with a release date.

These three variants made by Apple. Obviously the 1st one is for simple games and should be cheap, the second one is for complex, 3D games, and the 3rd one would be for playing it on your TV. The first two would also need to come in different sizes for iphone, ipad mini, and ipad.

Gamepads have been on android for a year or two, but no Android OEM has made an official pad (Moto, Samsung, Sony, etc). Furthermore all developers mainly focus on iOS, with more developers paying closer attention to android just recently. I feel like apple taking the initiative and the leadership here will do great things for mobile games and maybe we can get some more of our favorite franchises on our phones and ipads. Plus, I wanna play DQVIII and FFVI
I, VIII, IX
with a gamepad and not touch only.

BFIB

Sold off my Nexus 10. Been a long time since I've been back to Apple, but I'm giving them another shot.

Bring on the retina iPad Mini.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So I've installed quicktime (yuck); what's the URL I need to load in to watch the event? The main link doesn't work.

I'm excited. A retina mini is really enticing. I probably should've sold my iPad 3 already.

I'm in the same boat, although I'm more likely to upgrade my laptop today rather than my iPad. A retina Mini is very tempting, but my three year old Macbook Air is ready to be replaced by a retina Pro. My girlfriend is just waiting for me to hand off my Air to her.

MercuryLS

Banned
I'm in the same boat, although I'm more likely to upgrade my laptop today rather than my iPad. A retina Mini is very tempting, but my three year old Macbook Air is ready to be replaced by a retina Pro. My girlfriend is just waiting for me to hand off my Air to her.

I'm not upgrading my air until I can get a retina screen in that form factor. With the IGZO displays Apple is using in the new iPads, it's an inevitability.

I'm not upgrading my air until I can get a retina screen in that form factor. With the IGZO displays Apple is using in the new iPads, it's an inevitability.

Agreed that it is coming eventually. I think it has more to do with battery life than form factor at this point. They can get larger batteries in the rMBP to help power the display longer. The addition of the Haswell chip will help the Pro models too. Looking forward to what they have to offer.

Fox Mulder

So yeah... what to do with my gen 1 mini.

Think ill give it to my mom or someone. Not sure how much they are gonna be worth after the conference... hopefully 200?

you'd be surprised. I got way more money for my iPad 2 from an eBay buyer than i was expecting, even after the new stuff was announced.

Apple sells refurbished 32GB minis for $350 or so, I'm selling mine and hope to get a little over $300.

apple stuff holds value very well.

Jacobi

Banned
So the specs already leaked for the rMBPs, seems like they actually replace the normal MBPs now. I'm really curious about the prices tho...

So the specs already leaked for the rMBPs, seems like they actually replace the normal MBPs now. I'm really curious about the prices tho...

Interesting. I was hoping for a shift in price. Would love to see that happen. I have to imagine that most people were either buying Airs or rMBP at this point anyway.

Majine

Banned
The problem with the iPad line up to now is that I love the Mini form factor, but also the Retina iPad screen. So it was to choose one of them. Hopefully, The retina Mini and lighter iPad means they are competitive again, and it's all a preference of screen size.

Wubby

Is it wrong I want a 13" iPad? I feel like the 9.7 is just a bit of an odd size. I'd be happy with a mini and a 13" convertible tablet/pc. I see some people say just but a laptop at that size but for reading large pdf files a laptop is a clunky option since I can't detach the keyboard. Documents on the 9.7 are readable with retina but it gets rather shrunk down.

Doesn't look like we'll see it at this event but I hope one does come out next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom