• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple September Event 2017 |OT| A Top-Notch Keynote

O.N.U.S.

Neo Member
In for Iphone X and the revised air pods.

Even tho I've known just about everything that's going to be in the new iPhone , I'm still excited.

Ready to retire this launch iPhone 6 plus

Kthulhu

I like how ipods don't even make the "what not to expect" list anymore.

I'd love to see the sales numbers for the current iPod Touch. That one will probably be supported for a few more years and then who knows? Maybe they'll kill the whole line.

So many people listen to music on their phones and computers these days, and the people who do want a dedicated MP3 player are probably getting some audiophile grade media player and not an iPod.

jiiikoo

Banned
Just waiting for the new Apple Watch. SO wanted to get me one for my 30th birthday and we decided to wait until they announce the new ones, so excited. Just hope they don't increase the price at all. Or offer model 2 for cheaper. Don't really need LTE on it if I'm honest.

Dany

Banned
If you think about it, apple wants to sell all versions of the iphone to the most people it can. iPhone 8 markets better than iPhone 7S, especially next to X..

im no
don draper.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Homepod might get a iOS 11, Siri, or Apple Music feature they didn't mention at WWDC because they wanted to debut it at this September event. In which case it might get a shout out. I don't expect more than that on the homepod front.

Got an Axon 7, but might go for an iPhone 7 or 7S if the update to iOS is cool.

Don't really like any of the design choices made for the iPhone X at all, so I'll stick to the old versions.
Still struggling with the loss of the headphone port, though. Maybe they'll make up for it with Pencil support???

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna be at work but will be following closely. Interesting year. I've got some choices to make.

Decisions decisions. I think now would be the best time to trade in my 6S+ 64GB for value rather than waiting next year and getting that model (price decrease compared to usage). But the lack of TouchID has me hesitant. I guess if there are trade in offers equivalent to or better than $500-$600 I'll probably pull the trigger on the X, but I'll have to see

holygeesus

Banned
Just waiting for the new Apple Watch. SO wanted to get me one for my 30th birthday and we decided to wait until they announce the new ones, so excited. Just hope they don't increase the price at all. Or offer model 2 for cheaper. Don't really need LTE on it if I'm honest.

Of course the LTE will be more expensive. Love my model 2 - don't know what else I'd need it to do besides have a better battery life.

I'm definitely in for a 4K Apple TV, but apart from that, happy with my SE and AW2. Might have to buy a new MacBook Pro :p

Ambient80

iOS 11 will get officially released the same day, right? Isn't that how they usually do it?

Same day as the keynote? No. GM release will be given to developers and beta testers probably day of keynote. If you mean same day as the new phones, also unlikely as they usually release it a day or two before the new phone releases.

jiiikoo

Banned
Of course the LTE will be more expensive. Love my model 2 - don't know what else I'd need it to do besides have a better battery life.

I'm definitely in for a 4K Apple TV, but apart from that, happy with my SE and AW2. Might have to buy a new MacBook Pro :p

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I'm hoping they drop the model 2 price 100 bucks and keep the LTE model at the same price as model 2 is now. And yeah, like I said, don't need the LTE but if battery life is improved on the LTE model, might as well get that and just not use the LTE until I get a sim in it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The real question about the LTE watch is how it handles hopping from wifi to bluetooth to lte.

The iPhone is still annoying at handing off to LTE, etc. I can tell every morning when I jam into my car in a hurry and tell siri to play music from my watch right as im leaving the driveway. It wont go through. If I do it a bit before I pull out it goes, and if I do when Im half way down the street it goes. But right in that sweet spot it always fucks up.

Actually potentially the biggest LTE watch question is apple music streaming... hmmm

Bravo on that topic title!

Hella hyped for this keynote. Apple can really either succeed big time or flop hard with the X. So many divisive changes, so they'll really have to sell it.

Ratros

In for iPhone X.
Not sure about Apple Watch LTE. Probably will buy a new band.
A little bit tempted to buy an Apple TV.

In for new AppleTV. Been having a lot of issues with my FireTV lately.

More than happy with my 7+ but will probably upgrade my wife from an SE to an 8.

hirokazu

Bravo on that topic title!

Hella hyped for this keynote. Apple can really either succeed big time or flop hard with the X. So many divisive changes, so they'll really have to sell it.
I think the only factors that can tank it is price and availability. You'll have people whine about no Touch ID here but it'll end up being a non-issue just like no headphone jack.

Top Bottom