• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Any fellow Canadians reading this thread, I highly recommend you grab the Google currents apk from the op. I can't believe something this pretty and intuitive came from Google.

Unrelated note: I need a phone call recorder for when I have to deal with businesses/customer service. Can anyone recommend a good one which works on ICS? I've tried a couple but neither one worked.

use Google Voice.

Hey guys, do you have any idea how to update swype ?

I've got the 3.23 beta version on my GS2, and the swype website says that the most up to date version is 3.26.

Forsete

Gold Member
When the hell is the ICS update for Viber coming? It hurts each time I have to send an SMS.

Btw, isn't Google working on something like iMessage? Against better judgement I hope whatever Google works on will be compatible with iMessage. Fuck SMS costs.

Rur0ni

When the hell is the ICS update for Viber coming? It hurts each time I have to send an SMS.

Btw, isn't Google working on something like iMessage? Against better judgement I hope whatever Google works on will be compatible with iMessage. Fuck SMS costs.
Perhaps Messenger in Google+ ?

Forsete

Gold Member
Perhaps Messenger in Google+ ?

None of my friends have G+..

And Voice isn't available on iPhone which is the most popular phone among them.
Btw, how does Viber make monies? I saw no ads while using it on the iPhone 3GS.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
None of my friends have G+..

And Voice isn't available on iPhone which is the most popular phone among them.
Btw, how does Viber make monies? I saw no ads while using it on the iPhone 3GS.

just tell em to d/l it. it takes like two minutes to sign up. i've used it for big groups getting together and meeting up and stuff and it works well

Kazuya

Why not use Google Talk?

alright guys,. I cant remember where i seen it but where are the widgets for controlling wifi, blutooth, etc? Coulda sworn it was this thread.

Petrie

Banned
Having given up Launcherpro due to a lack of updates, I find myself missing the calendar widget it had. Is there something similar available on the market I can use or should I go back to launcherpro again?

Piano

Banned
Having given up Launcherpro due to a lack of updates, I find myself missing the calendar widget it had. Is there something similar available on the market I can use or should I go back to launcherpro again?

not quite as good as the launcher pro one but look for pure grid calendar widget on the market.

kehs

Banned
Printershare doesn't have proper drivers for my network printer (oki) =/. Jobs end up getting caught in an error state.

Threi

notag

Go launcher has a widget for that.
Also APW (android pro widgets)

AndyD

aka andydumi

What do you want out of a calendar widget? A good agenda? Simple Calendar is excellent for that. A grid calendar? Go Launcher has a nice calendar widget, and also the previously mentioned pure grid.

Sweet!

Now, I've been wondering - is there a dialer that allows you to set custom sounds for the numbers? It sounds silly, but I'd love to have some electronic sound effects when I start dialing a number/name.

jokkir

So, what's better: Taptu or Pulse?

I've been using Pulse so far but Taptu seems like it but has more things to subscribe to? What's the point of using Pulse over Taptu?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So, what's better: Taptu or Pulse?

I've been using Pulse so far but Taptu seems like it but has more things to subscribe to? What's the point of using Pulse over Taptu?

They both have a lot. I think it just comes down to preference. Pulse has a better interface, but I think Taptu runs smoother.

tokkun

Is there any music app that honors the "Album Artist" tag to navigate artists?

I've tried Google Music, Songbird, Doubletwist, Mixzing, PlayerPro, Winamp, and many others, and all of them use "Artist" rather than "Album Artist". It makes artist navigation pretty much unusable if you have a lot of Classical, Electronic, or Hip Hop albums.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cool, yeah I just started trying out evernote today. Need to see if I can get used to tapping out notes quickly on the GN though. Might have to use Swype.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Cool, yeah I just started trying out evernote today. Need to see if I can get used to tapping out notes quickly on the GN though. Might have to use Swype.

Springpad does have better voice dictation if you need to take a lot of notes.

Malajax

Is there a good video editor available? Took a bunch of videos at the MLK parade and it'd be nice if I could splice them together from my phone.

So my power amp trial is over but I can still use it as long as I hit cancel every so often. Is it always going to be like this? If so then shiiiit, maybe I'll just not pay.

SimleuqiR

Get up to 5 gigs of storage from DropBox when using their new Beta Android App.

http://phandroid.com/2012/02/03/dro...rtunity-to-earn-an-additional-5gb-of-storage/

They want to give users incentive to test this feature so they’re offering up to 5GB of storage for using the feature in your everyday life. Simply enable automatic uploading and you’ll get an additional 500MB of storage for the first photo uploaded.

After that, you can get 500MB more storage after 500MB of photos or video are automatically uploaded, up to 5GB. People are always looking for new ways to get free storage so if you aren’t concerned about privacy give it a shot.

Not bad, for those that don't want to set up Google+, this is a nice alternative.

Top Bottom