• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes May 10th

I think this is Ratchet's biggest launch in more than a decade.
not sure what the final NPD number is (versus my data), but it's the fastest selling Ratchet yet.

Add the crazy digital share in and we definitely are way ahead of any other Ratchet game's first 3 weeks.
You're here to stay, guys. You're here to stay.

yE7L47.gif

Daft Punk

Banned
not sure what the final NPD number is (versus my data), but it's the fastest selling Ratchet yet.

Add the crazy digital share in and we definitely are way ahead of any other Ratchet game's first 3 weeks.

Whoa! Congrats guys. I'm gonna pick up my copy after UC4.

Sterok

I remember predicting Ratchet > QB > Star Fox > Bravely. Seems like I got that right, and as a bonus the latter two charted when I didn't think they would. More importantly, exclusives selling on all systems is a good sign.

One3OneKing

Neo Member
Not to do damage control but QB had a lot more variance going on.

• The bundle was on sale, so likely a number of the sales went that way
  • Pre-ordering the digital version of the game came with the full Win10 version, so that is a huge incentive to go digital, moreso than normal. (Not NPD tracked)

Sooo sequel is in the planning stages for an early 2018 release am I right. *wink

Abdiel

• Pre-ordering the digital version of the game came with the full Win10 version, so that is a huge incentive to go digital, moreso than normal. (Not NPD tracked)

Hahahahaha!

No. The bundle was... no. It was virtually nil. I'll be stunned if the bundle contributed meaningfully to anything.

RexNovis

Banned

According to retailer info and rankings the bundle was a total non issue for the month but your second point is valid and one that I made myself earlier in the thread.

Edit: Beaten by Abdiel

Congrats insomniac.. Now I really wonder what Crash can do...
Sell to the people who grew up with Crash and if Sony manages to bring in new audience with a proper reboot, and market it well for them, then it has potential as well.

Second point is legit and it is not limited to QB PC Key but had the full Alan Wake franchise for the first time on Xbox One. This made me go digital.

Rymuth

Congrats.

7 posts so far...seems legit.

One3OneKing

Neo Member
Hahahahaha!

No. The bundle was... no. It was virtually nil. I'll be stunned if the bundle contributed meaningfully to anything.

I mean you're right it's equally as funny when Sony boys use that excuse when an Xbox sku of a game outsells the PS4 counterpart. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Or is this somehow different? Lmao.

I don't think it's damage control, the digital share for QB should definitely be a by higher than normal. Hell it came with all the Alan Wakes & QB Win10.

Not expecting it to be huge difference but I mean hard to say the digital split will fall in line with "normal" splits.

As for the bundle part, I doubt the bundles really took away from many sales. Digital I buy though.

Shambala

I mean you're right it's equally as funny when Sony boys use that excuse when an Xbox sku of a game outsells the PS4 counterpart. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Or is this somehow different? Lmao.

Sony boys 😂.. he is an insider telling u what the sales were like at his store. No fanboyism there

RexNovis

Banned

YOu have got to be kidding. The difference is that the CoD bundle made up more than 80% of total PS4 sales for the past three months whereas the QB Bundle hardly moved at all. SO how about you rethink that statement.

Piggus

Congrats insomniac.. Now I really wonder what Crash can do...

Depends on who makes it. If by some miracle Naughty Dog made it, it would probably be a huge success. But Activision might be stupid enough to think they could put out another shite post-ND sequel as if it's what people are asking for. If they're smart they'll license or just sell the IP to Sony. They have to know that people don't want another Activision Crash game, right?

Goose, gander or gandalf.
The bundle can only steal sales if it... well... sells.

Abdiel

What? You're talking about the CoD bundle for PS4, which is literally the ONLY sku of PS4 that is currently sold in almost any stores, and last month made up 90%+ of all PS4 sales in the US.

Have you looked at our Best Buy website for the XB1? Do you realize how many SKUs of XB1 are readily available for purchase at this very moment?

8. Not count Refurbished models, 8. All of those are readily available, at almost all locations. Including the Halo Collectors edition, etc.

It's not even remotely comparable, so what the fuck are you saying?

You must be talking about the call of duty bundle...I'll let that sink in for awhile and hopefully you understand why that's not at all comparable to the likes of Quantum break.

Top Bottom