• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes May 10th

hawk2025

I don't think it's damage control, the digital share for QB should definitely be a by higher than normal. Hell it came with all the Alan Wakes & QB Win10.

Not expecting it to be huge difference but I mean hard to say the digital split will fall in line with "normal" splits.

As for the bundle part, I doubt the bundles really took away from many sales. Digital I buy though.

The physical version also came with Alan Wake -- and even beyond the pre-order period, unlike digital -- so I'd be surprised that a W10 version of a game that satisfies that tiny slice of the market that has a capable PC and an Xbox One will have a significant enough impact on sales to change the story much.

But nevertheless, let's say it went from 20% to 30% of the digital share. Even 40%, let's be generous. It changes the magnitude of the bomb, but not the fact that the only Microsoft tentpole release of the whole first half of the year bombed.

Welfare

Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One)
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
Minecraft (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
Star Fox: Zero (Wii U)

http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/12/a...tchet-clank-lead-as-gaming-industry-drops-15/

No mention on who sold more hardware. Did Xbox win?

Gator86

not sure what the final NPD number is (versus my data), but it's the fastest selling Ratchet yet.

Add the crazy digital share in and we definitely are way ahead of any other Ratchet game's first 3 weeks.

Fantastic, Ratchet getting the sales he deserves. Ratchet is definitely one of the most underrated series in gaming.

Jotaka

I mean you're right it's equally as funny when Sony boys use that excuse when an Xbox sku of a game outsells the PS4 counterpart. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Or is this somehow different? Lmao.

So young and its already at this point. cya.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)

http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/12/a...tchet-clank-lead-as-gaming-industry-drops-15/

shocked. RIP QB. Shame :(

GTA makes my mind blown

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)

I told them that you can't stop the mlb. They mocked me. They said I was a fool. Go pinstripes

Loris146

At the same time, this is not a red alert for console gaming. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are still trending 40 percent higher than the cumulative sales after the same 30-month period compared to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Fort math enthusiast

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
That feeling when someone uses their 8,000 posts on Neogaf to legitimize their existence. pfttt. lol

I can't imagine we'll be seeing you much longer.

In any event, I'm not sure if Quantum bombed or not, but the hardware #s will be where the action lies.

The physical version also came with Alan Wake -- and even beyond the pre-order period, unlike digital -- so I'd be surprised that a W10 version of a game that satisfies that tiny slice of the market that has a capable PC and an Xbox One will have a significant enough impact on sales to change the story much.

But nevertheless, let's say it went from 20% to 30% of the digital share. Even 40%, let's be generous. It changes the magnitude of the bomb, but not the fact that the only Microsoft tentpole release of the whole first half of the year bombed.

Well, ya :p.

I'm just saying the digital split should definitely be higher than normal.

Still though, you're totally right in that it just makes it a slightlyless bomb haha

Sterok

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)

I knew there was no chance for Bravely to chart. Looks good for PS4 software though.

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)

Dayum, GTA V and Minecraft are from the MacLeod clan, they're immortal.

One3OneKing

Neo Member
You must be talking about the call of duty bundle...I'll let that sink in for awhile and hopefully you understand why that's not at all comparable to the likes of Quantum break.

I'll let you take a second and actually think of the other cases that this applies to. You're on the internet. Perhaps do some research maybe.

Sony not commenting suggests PS4 lost this month. Though they should be pretty darn happy with the software performance on their system.

Bgamer90

Banned
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)

Surprised by how The Division is holding up.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Hardware: $142.1 million in March 2016 (down 23 percent from $183.7 million)
Software: $203.9 million in March 2016 (down 21 percent from $256.7 million)
Accessories: WORDS $157.6 million in March 2016 (up 4 percent from $157.6 million

[...]

At the same time, this is not a red alert for console gaming. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are still trending 40 percent higher than the cumulative sales after the same 30-month period compared to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

[...]

Ratchet & Clank is the big surprise here. The game is a PS4 exclusive, and it rose right to the top of the charts unlike any game in the series ever has.

“Ratchet & Clank had the best launch of any game in the Ratchet & Clank franchise when adjusting for the number of days sold in the data month, with sales recapturing success not seen for the franchise since the height of the PlayStation 2 era,” said Callahan.

[...]

“The launch of Dark Souls III marked the strongest launch in the franchise’s history,” said Callahan. “Sales for Dark Souls III nearly doubled that of its predecessor, Dark Souls II, when adjusted for days in the market.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Which is a bigger number

The amount of money spent on grooming products for Charlie's mustache on the live action quantum break series

Or

Sales of quantum break

Rymuth

Which is a bigger number

The amount of money spent on grooming products for Charlie's mustache on the live action quantum break series

Or

Sales of quantum break

KEQL2vY.jpg

♪ Hello Darkness, my old friend ♪

Top Bottom