• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fools 2017 Thread (Gaming)

ubercheez

It is based on map position. Takes major roads, creates very arbitrary loopbacks and directional mappings. If there aren't enough roads it will tell you to move the map. On desktop at least.

My first random placement took me to a grid that was oriented Northeast-Southwest instead of North-South. It controls very poorly in that case.

Samemind

Does anyone know of any gaming April Fools jokes that eventually actually became games?

Google map's pokemon joke being the basis for Pokemon Go is the only one I can think of

Fukua, who originated as a riff on Capcom's announcement of Decapre as the final new character added to Ultra Street Fighter 4, was added to the Skullgirls beta as a joke and wasn't meant to become a permanent addition. Due to positive feedback, the character was left in the game and refined with the same care as the rest of the cast (minus the fact the character 99% recycled assets)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXN5yr4dGIc

jelly

Halo MCC is getting a huge update, reworked, performance and bug fixes, new UI, more H2A maps, Halo 3 Anniversary, Reach Remastered and Halo CEA redone in faithful original art style. Also coming to PC and in 4K.

J4g3r

Here's what I'm expecting from Bandai Namco tomorrow.

QHFZdYU.png

Here's what I'm expecting from Bandai Namco tomorrow.

The people that run the NA Bandai Namco Twitter account try so hard to stay away from Vesperia that if they announced that and even if it was still coming outside of Japan they would still get sulfur.

It would still be hilarious though.

Fisty

I'm fully expecting Blood Dragon 2 to show up here tomorrow, followed by the announcement it's real and it's happening
please god, please

antibolo

Banned
Imagine all the awesome fighting games we would have if Arika didn't waste their development resources on making crazy real looking april fools videos of fake games.

J4g3r

The people that run the NA Bandai Namco Twitter account try so hard to stay away from Vesperia that if they announced that and even if it was still coming outside of Japan they would still get sulfur.

It would still be hilarious though.

Yep, I still remember!

Which is exactly why they should do it lol.

CMDBob

War Thunder's got a pretty fucking awesome April Fools event going on: Modern Tanks and Helicopters. Yes. The WW2/Early Cold War game has gone full modern with the T-90, the Leopard 2, the Hind and the AH-64.

And you know what? It's GLORIOUS. Really fun.

Steiner

Banned
Not sure why everyone is posting the Rocket League / fate of the furious DLC as a joke. That's coming on April 4. Are we just assuming any and all announcements made today aren't real?

HF2014

Ah! April Fools. No, today i wont post any links. Last year i remember Fury of Maul for Netflix and freakin tought it was real, didnt realize it was april 1, and got juniored for it lol.

DeviatePanda

Neo Member

Tagyhag

I remember seeing that warriors thread and thinking "April Fool's joke? That's a bit early this year!". But holy crap it's basically already April ._.

The best jokes are the ones that turn out to be real, like I bet that Rocket League one is real.

Ge-Force G-Assist

http://www.geforce.com/gtx-g-assist?ncid=so-fac-plfs27-11255

"Given up on beating the Nameless King in Dark Souls 3? With BossBoost™, you no longer have to cower in fear when facing down a god of war. Available once per game, BossBoost will crush any enemy you desire and automatically turn on ShadowPlay™, so you can share your ‘victory' with friends."

edit: here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smM-Wdk2RLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smM-Wdk2RLQ

Nvidia's G-Assist. I actually think this one might have been good bait on a different day.

This one is actually better than what I thought it was going to be.

I can't find anywhere else to ask this, so apologies in advance, but there was a rumor earlier this week than Nintendo might do a direct tomorrow (today in Japan). I figured it was April Fool's, but IDK. Is there one?

I can't find anywhere else to ask this, so apologies in advance, but there was a rumor earlier this week than Nintendo might do a direct tomorrow (today in Japan). I figured it was April Fool's, but IDK. Is there one?

No that was someone who fell for a tweet about a direct in April...of 2016.

Defect

Uh, I got an email from humblebundle saying my purchase for the April monthly was successful.

I didn't buy it and I don't have auto renew on. I checked my purchase history and it says

April 2017 Humble Monthly March 31, 2017 ---

Did they really give me this for free? Lol

Uh, I got an email from humblebundle saying my purchase for the April monthly was successful.

I didn't buy it and I don't have auto renew on. I checked my purchase history and it says

April 2017 Humble Monthly March 31, 2017 ---

Did they really give me this for free? Lol

I guess they're the fool in this scenario

GAF staff apparently stands on the position that they would prefer changing April Fools purpose over preserving it since they don't like it. Given the confusion that tends to arise with some of the "gags" as well as some actual releases put there just for further confusion, this is a somewhat understandable position.

I know what their stance is. I've lurked through multiple April Fools days on GAF. I'm just saying it's a bit of a bummer.

This takes the "Fools" out of "April Fools".

It feels like nofunallowed.jpg

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Lots of silly shit is popping up now. If you want to make a thread for a particularly high effort joke, mark that it is an April Fools thing clearly. Otherwise just dump all the curious garbage that isn't worth a thread in here.

No one likes being a fool. Don't try to fool other people here, or you'll be the banned fool. Now I'm going back to Zelda. Bye.
salty thread mod but i agree april fool does NOT work on internet

Top Bottom