• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fools 2017 Thread (Gaming)

JoeM86

Today, Baito held a special Badge Arcade Direct in Nintendo Badge Arcade

I947iwL.png

In it, he revealed, directly to us, a new game - Crazy Galaxy

ZiQRyGG.png
og6jTJ1.png
yHq25sM.png

Obviously this is an April Fools :p

Crazy Galaxy

WdeVssQ.png
74kmSe7.png
J0JzM6l.png
wMxMM0E.png
8P6AgVd.png
3XvOm57.png

Zubz

Banned
As goofy as the NES reskin sprites are, a more adult looking main Lord for the new FE more along the lines of that would be pretty cool

Definitely. This, Crazy Galaxy, & EX4 are genuinely good ideas. I'm probably wrong (Except for EX4, maybe?), but I'd love it if all 3 were attempts to test the waters for actual projects down the road.

Ha! It's funny because our Senators sold our privacy to these guys... Mine sold us for $143,000, & he was one of the harder sells.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Everything is so cringe inducing when it comes to April 1st jokes. Though when a game makes a permanent feature from a joke that's always fun.

After years in the spotlight, Hideo Kojima announces the game is the new Metal Gear Solid. He claimed for the rights of the franchise to Konami and they sold them to his former creator.

After that movement, Konami will close their videogame studios, focus on pachinko machines and sell Pro Evolution Soccer rights to EA.

Fisty

After years in the spotlight, Hideo Kojima announces the game is the new Metal Gear Solid. He claimed for the rights of the franchise to Konami and they sold them to his former creator.

After that movement, Konami will close their videogame studios, focus on pachinko machines and sell Pro Evolution Soccer rights to EA.

Wouldn't even make sense if true, Kojima has been trying to get away from MGS since like 2002

Does anyone know of any gaming April Fools jokes that eventually actually became games?

Google map's pokemon joke being the basis for Pokemon Go is the only one I can think of

Conker's Bad Fur Day was revealed in an April EGM long ago. They were teasing that one of the games in the magazine was fake but wouldn't say which, so naturally Conker's was the most obvious choice. I forget what it really was though, but it was something dumb.

rSpooky

G-assist | Geforce
http://www.geforce.com/gtx-g-assist?ncid=so-fac-plfs27-11255

GeForce GTX G-Assist takes advantage of cutting-edge NVIDIA artificial intelligence to bring you the next revolution in gaming.

Eliminate AFKs. Overcome the toughest boss battles. Monitor and maintain your peak gaming performance. Learn from the only gamer to play over 10,080 games. Now, you can do it all with G-Assist's powerful GeForce-Assisted Gaming technologies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Today, Baito held a special Badge Arcade Direct in Nintendo Badge Arcade

I947iwL.png

In it, he revealed, directly to us, a new game - Crazy Galaxy

ZiQRyGG.png
og6jTJ1.png
yHq25sM.png

Obviously this is an April Fools :p

Crazy Galaxy

WdeVssQ.png
74kmSe7.png
J0JzM6l.png
wMxMM0E.png
8P6AgVd.png
3XvOm57.png
Does it have to be? :( look at all the ashley

Glowsquid

Does it have to be? :( look at all the ashley

Interesingly enough, there's a message when you open the Japanese badge arcade that invites you to spam the #crazygalaxy hashtag on the badge arcade miiverse and twitter.
i'm going to be delusional and pretend they're testing the waters

Top Bottom