• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[April fools] Arika's Street Fighter EX characters return...

Only KOF and maybe Yatagarasu play somewhat like SF though. To me, Arcsys/Marvel/Skullgirls feels like an entirely different genre, lol. I do love Tekken and MK, but not in place of SF.

I loved Rival Schools back in the day, but not anymore. First because as opposed to before, the Japanese school setting doesn't feel fresh - I actually avoid it in 2017, we've had enough games with that setting for generations to come. Second, because I played it recently and I didn't enjoy the gameplay that much. Jeez, I guess the highschool setting is what makes it prime for a return in 2017.

Eh, I think if Capcom gave a damn it could still be fresh even if the concept isn't new.

The school setting along with its wacky nature and colorful characters was appealing.

lupinko

TreIII

I do wonder what Capcom's angle is. Are they just gonna helicopter around and hope that the game can get some crowdfunding together, before they help ARIKA with the rest?

Either way, wouldn't it be about time to start talking with Ben Judd?

lupinko

I do wonder what Capcom's angle is. Are they just gonna helicopter around and hope that the game can get some crowdfunding together, before they help ARIKA with the rest?

Either way, wouldn't it be about time to start talking with Ben Judd?

Why would Capcom help them if there isn't anything for them? The game is heading toward FL more than EX. If anything it would be Bamco since they helped the first time. And Capcom isn't in the best position right now considering they needed Sony to get SFV off the ground running.

My two cents at this point, they are best to go for a publisher rather than crowdfunding.

Edit: With Mihara's last tweet it's best to not bother unless Arika moves forward again with it.

TreIII

That's really cool! Hopefully, there's some friendships that are (re)kindled, and maybe SNK and their new Chinese pals can save the day (again).

Ditto that ARIKA could lend SNK some of their experience with working in 3D...

Why would Capcom help them if there isn't anything for them? The game is heading toward FL more than EX. If anything it would be Bamco since they helped the first time. And Capcom isn't in the best position right now considering they needed Sony to get SFV off the ground running

You probably know more than I, but it was just based on the whole idea that the two companies are still appear to be on a friendly basis. To the point that EX characters are on the CFN thing (indicating the EX characters are still somewhat pertinent), some people still think that one of the new DLC SFV chars for this season is Garuda, and such. If it was all part of an ideal for keeping ARIKA close, than perhaps that's still an option, even if no SF chars ever show up in "EX Layer".

As for Bamco...I wouldn't mind them, either. But considering Gundam Vs. and Tekken have been all they needed to dominate Asian arcades, with Pokkén as a nice Nintendo-friendly collab and SoulCalibur as a "when we feel like it" type of thing...where would a new Layer game fit in?

Top Bottom