• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April PS+ Lineup: Drawn to Death, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, More

Assanova

I don't play online anymore, so I will definitely not be renewing my subscription. I think Journey was the only PS+ game that I actually played for longer than five minutes over the past year.

pelican

Poor line up. Sony trying to get something out of their investment in Drawn to Death.

After playing the closed alpha I'm not convinced I will even add it to my library. As a fan of online shooters it didn't click and there are far better alternatives for me to continue playing.

Bummer haven't played anything from plus since Rocket League.

At this point I'd rather plus be like 40 cents cheaper per year and not look at this shit game list every month, hell I'd rather pay 10$ more and for them to cut out the games just so I don't get my hopes up for something cool.

The pretense is gone and I'm just paying 50$ for overwatch to work and nothing else.

TLZ

Banned
https://youtu.be/yZKsT5WetLg?t=19m37s

thanks Sony

aa0e637462.png
I like invizimals ;)

ffvorax

Drawn to Death (PS4)
Looks interesting but I rarely play on multiplayer, so...

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (PS4)
I was looking about this game some time ago, so I will probably try it, but I decided not to buy it because it should not be something I will play a lot... but who knows?

These don't looks so good... the first may be an entertaining puzzle/action game, but nothing incredible, the second looks like a beat-em-up, not a big fan of these.
10 Second Ninja X (PS Vita, Cross Buy with PS4)
Curses ‘n Chaos (PS Vita, Cross Buy with PS4)

I won't take out my PS3 for these...
Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom (PS3)
Alien Rage (PS3)

So first time probably that a month is like a 0 interesting titles for me... :O
My backlog is saying thx

This is the worst month of PS+ since I joined all those years ago. Even in a bad month there's usually something there that's interesting enough for me to try out, but not this month. What makes this sting the most, though, is that this is the sixth month since the price increase. Six months and it's getting worse.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Pretty much. It's easily one of the best co-op games in recent memory. Up there with Helldiver IMO

There problem is that it's basically a multiplayer-exclusive game, much like Drawn to Death. Even if I wanted to try it, I have no means of getting anyone to play it with, so it's a zero value proposition for me.

CHC

Going to remain unsubbed for now. Might as well save the dough and put it towards a game I'm excited about.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Like usual? I'll agree that this month's selection is bad, but last month's was pretty great I thought.

Yeah but last month was the exception, even though I didn't end up liking Tearaway like I thought I would, it was still a good choice. Disc Jam was great as well.

Almost every month though the last couple years has been pretty bad. I'll give next month a preliminary thumbs up because I have great faith in David Jaffe's Drawn to Death ending up being great, but the rest of the games....not feeling it, and I imagine that May will be back to the usual bland stuff after an okay March and April.

The best PS+ games I've been subbed for on PS4 have been Outlast and Hardware Rivals, bar none.

Spman2099

I just wanted to come in here and encourage people to play Curses 'N Chaos. It IS very simple, but it is an awesome little game. Absolutely worth checking out. I had a great time with it and you can't complain about the price...

Also, this may not be the strongest month of all time, but some of the games offered this month are pretty enjoyable. Even if they aren't for you, some of the people here are just being flat-out disrespectful towards people that worked hard and created some great games. You guys can be unenthused about the offerings without being complete dicks about it...

KiraXD

I think they're finding that they don't need to anymore with the frequent sales. Probably think that if you're not going to buy Knack for single figure dollars, you don't want it.

No, it's a paid game. Granted, not one that's even slightly worth my time for free, but it has a price nonetheless.

i know... i was being facetious... it SHOULD be F2P.. since it was originally developed with that frame of mind... and based on what i played with the beta it absolutely WAS F2P at that time even.)

https://www.vg247.com/2015/02/10/dr...-but-not-in-the-traditional-sense-says-jaffe/

The fact that the BETA had trophies, felt like a soft roll-out of their f2p model... wtf happened since then? they decided to keep the micro transactions and f2p mechanics but charge for the game? what a failed roll-out.

edit: oh shit, i never saw that it moved to paid model... just read that, so they keep the f2p stuff like microtransactions and shit? or just remove all that and throw it into the full game?

Dr. A

I always find PS+ Lineup threads entertaining. :D

Such a spectrum of reactions, haha.

I'm in Asia so my lineup is gonna be somewhat different, will probably be announced in a day or 2. Anyway I'm an optimist, I usually find something worth playing.

One of the worst months ever.

I said this for several months in a row then let my subscription lapse.

To be fair, over the course of the year I did get around $60 in games that I did like. But for the most part even the bulk of the good games felt like pile of shame clutter that I didn't need.

Gloggins

They were on a good streak this year RE retail games (LBP 3 & Tearaway). Oh well.

I'm not an "indies are garbage faeces detritus" person either, I've long said one retail and one indie game per month is what they should do.

MattAces

They were on a good streak this year RE retail games (LBP 3 & Tearaway). Oh well.

I'm not an "indies are garbage faeces detritus" person either, I've long said one retail and one indie game per month is what they should do.

Still going strong every month in Asia since Gravity Rush Remastered.
Saints Row 4 Remastered full game for November, Tales of Zestiria for Jan, Until Dawn, God of War 3 Remastered and LBP3 for Feb, Resident Evil Umbrella Corps, Tearaway and Disgaea 5 for March, Life is Strange for April.

Not to mention PS+ in Asia only cost around $29 per year (converted currency)

down 2 orth

Saints Row 4 Remastered full game for November, Tales of Zestiria for Jan, Until Dawn, God of War 3 Remastered and LBP3 for Feb, Resident Evil Umbrella Corps, Tearaway and Disgaea 5 for March, Life is Strange for April.

I wonder if that's because there are less online gamers in Asia, and hence less Plus subscribers? Because we all know that Sony used to bring out that caliber of games to the West once upon a time as well...

I am on team Jaffe still until I see how the game plays. I have to admit that I haven't kept up with the game or saw much on it besides some of the first trailers.

I think some of you are being really rough on the game without much reason so far though (I get some of you have played it so that wouldn't be to those of you who have played it, watched extensive coverage etc)

Dr. A

Unfortunately the Disgaea 5 given is the Chinese version. Wish I could get the English one instead 😭

Luckily there's about 20 really great Japanese games out right now to play.

Fucking this. So much this. I don't even have time for whatever the fuck ps plus wants to give me. Unless its Nioh, Neir, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Persona 5, kingdom hearts 1.5/2.5, Tales of Berseria, RE7, the Show 17, zelda...

What the Eff are you talking about??

Lovers in a dangerous spacetime is one of the best couch co-op game since forever.
I played it for the first time recently and was surprised at how fun it is. It's an exciting, colorful, pleasant yet chaotic experience lol, and the soundtrack is great.
Bought lovers a couple of months ago and played co-op. It's fucking boring.
So much Anti-Love in your post.

tsundoku

i got my ps4 in april
i bought myself gravity rush hd remastered and journey over the months

months before lbp or tearaway came on ps+ i bought both of those

along with way more trash dumb fun games for like 1-5$ on a sale

i even got broken age for two canadian dollars which greatly eclipsed my expectations

I literally have gotten no value out of the service because they gave away some really good ideas really early on and then just stopped dead on it. Or waited until the value of other software was down to literally 5-10 canadian dollars for a disc.

just going to let my sub lapse until some sale that gives a good price for ps+ or they drop a real title worth 20$ that isn't some nepotist bs. I don't care about "new releases" from "trusted developers" like david jaffe.

Give me fucking Bloodborne, I'm still waiting

Most months i didnt even bother to go in and redeem a bunch of junk to fill up my feed

im just digitally buying single player games these months. what do i miss out on. cloud saves? multiplayer for most games?

do i lose the ability to share/tweet video? message?

Intel_89

i got my ps4 in april
i bought myself gravity rush hd remastered and journey over the months

months before lbp or tearaway came on ps+ i bought both of those

along with way more trash dumb fun games for like 1-5$ on a sale

i even got broken age for two canadian dollars which greatly eclipsed my expectations

I literally have gotten no value out of the service because they gave away some really good ideas really early on and then just stopped dead on it.

just going to let my sub lapse until some sale that gives a good price for ps+ or they drop a real title worth 20$ that isn't some nepotist bs. I don't care about "new releases" from "trusted developers" like david jaffe.

Give me fucking Bloodborne, I'm still waiting

Most months i didnt even bother to go in and redeem a bunch of junk to fill up my feed

im just digitally buying single player games these months. what do i miss out on. cloud saves? multiplayer for most games?

do i lose the ability to share/tweet video? message?

You lose online multiplayer, cloud saving and bonus discounts on the PSN, that's about it.

tsundoku

Maybe i'll resub to ps+ with my credit card when they stop pretending its a fake credit card

It literally worked for digital purchases for one week when I got the console and then stopped working forever.

Erevador

Sony just can't seem to get the knack of how to satisfy their PS+ customers in the PS4 era.

There's something that would do it, I'm cerny of it. I just can't recall it.

I never did have much knack for remembering these things.

Laranja

Maybe i'll resub to ps+ with my credit card when they stop pretending its a fake credit card

It literally worked for digital purchases for one week when I got the console and then stopped working forever.

Strange, the same thing happened to me... I wonder if this a bigger issue than I thought.

tsundoku

Sony just can't seem to get the knack of how to satisfy their PS+ customers in the PS4 era.

There's something that would do it, I'm cerny of it. I just can't recall it.

I never did have much knack for remembering these things.
They almost satisfied me when they started to actually dump 2 crossbuy vita games on there so when the ps4 offerings were disappointing, the ps3 offerings were depressing because i dont have a ps3. At least I could grab a couple arcadey vita games and play them for an hour.

I missed so much of the ps2 and all of the ps3 library because of highschool and college id rather they cancel the ps+ games and spend the money on making the ps1 classics work on ps4, and do more ps2 on ps4 games. I'd pay for them.

I'm just confused in general at the fact there isnt a vita emulator for the ps4 to play vita releases

Strange, the same thing happened to me... I wonder if this a bigger issue than I thought.

Every. Single. Canadian i have ever spoken to or listened to a podcast by or seen commenting online

Every Single Canadian Card.

Is Knack actually the answer to making people happy with PS Plus? It's not for me, and not because I already own it or owt

It's a joke, because people want more 60-dollar retail games that we used to get lots of back in 2012-2013. Some assholes on GAF interpret that as people wanting shitty ones - and made a dumb Knack meme to mock people that actually want value out of the service they're forced to pay for.

There's no excuse for the PS3 lineup also being this terrible. Xbox Live Gold's 360 games are a ton better, and the backwards compatibility there is a great bonus.

Can vouch for Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime. It's a solid bit of co op fun.

Drawn to Death looks poor to me but I am hopefully very wrong.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
It's a joke, because people want more 60-dollar retail games that we used to get lots of back in 2012-2013. Some assholes on GAF interpret that as people wanting shitty ones - and made a dumb Knack meme to mock people that actually want value out of the service they're forced to pay for.

There's no excuse for the PS3 lineup also being this terrible. Xbox Live Gold's 360 games are a ton better, and the backwards compatibility there is a great bonus.

The problem being that those 360 games have already been on a ps+ month so either they give the same games every other year to content people with short memory or they try to give new games more often.

It's a rather underwhelming month, especially compared to LBP3, Tearaway and Disc Jam earlier this year. It depends on how good Drawn to Death is, although to be honest, I'm too invested in Overwatch to play yet another online game.

Top Bottom