• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Beefy

*Breaks the pin*

Sweeney just returned you mark. Also, coffee is awesome.

reverse-1236682025_slow_motion_slap.gif
Coffee is nasty

1996-1999.

It's clear WCW is subordinate.
I meant the kayfabe idea that nWo as a whole was a bigger business than WCW. It never made any sense to me. Even with Bischoff on their side, you'd think Ted Turner would just come around and fire them all if they were actually threatening to run WCW the business into the ground.

That would actually have been a hell of a way to get rid of the nWo in like,
1999. Ted Turner just shows up and fires them all!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I meant the kayfabe idea that nWo as a whole was a bigger business than WCW. It never made any sense to me. Even with Bischoff on their side, you'd think Ted Turner would just come around and fire them all if they were actually threatening to run WCW the business into the ground.

They try that a few times, I think the first one is in 1997 where some Turner Exec comes in and goes...wait a minute, Bischoff, you are PRESIDENT of WCW fucking around with these NWO clowns and demotes him. It...doesn't stick.

In 1999 the problem gets solved by Flair winning the presidency and demoting him for good.

NWO is clearly the whole F'n Show for all of 1997 and most of 1998. They are the bigger deal. They sell all of the merch. They are featured in most of the tv matches. Non NWO, non cruiserweight feuds are rare outside of the second hour of Nitro.

Zach

Remember when actual Turner higher-ups would show up to put Bischoff in his place? Briefly... I was so pumped to see the likes of Dr. Harvey Schiller. >_>

Strax

A movie with Rusev is a movie worth watching.

Kind of shocked WWE let them star in it, it's indie as fuck. Kickstarted and a budget of less then $100.000

Diggsy Ellston has been in love with Suzette Larking since he was a boy. When Suzette gets married to another man, Diggsy meets a stranger who offers him an unbelievable gift: the unusual possibility of finding another Suzette. This offering comes in the form of a key that opens doors into parallel universes. Universes where other versions of Suzette may not only exist, but where one of them could even possibly love him. Sounds magical, but there's one major catch: Once Diggsy uses the key, he can't go back; he will forever leave everyone and everything he has ever known. Diggsy's hesitation lies in the strong bond he shares with his sister, Daphne, but he justifies his decision to leave on the belief that she wants him to move on in life. With every new universe comes a new decision: Stay or leave? Settle or keep chasing the dream of finding a Suzette who will love him? Diggsy's journey is filled with comedy, heartbreak, adventure, and a heavy dose of fish out of water.

Dean Ambrose is fucking awful but I can't fault him for half arsing it in a way, when he has jobber level theme music. More effort went into Ellsworth's number.

Mahonay

Banned
Dean Ambrose moves about as well as Dory Funk in 2017.
Lol.

The only two times I can remember where Ambrose seemed to be really moving well in the ring was against Styles, and his Roadblock match against HHH.

I do wonder if the insane amount of house shows he does forces him to work slower/softer.

Beefy

Lol.

The only two times I can remember where Ambrose seemed to be really moving well in the ring was against Styles, and his Roadblock match against HHH.

I do wonder if the insane amount of house shows he does forces him to work slower/softer.

How slow and weak he does the lunatic lariat makes me laugh.

Strax

Have you only heard 5 themes

The only thing I'll give it is that it hits hard. But content-wise it doesn't seperate itself from the countless other dumb motorcycle guitar themes

If the glove fits.

Top 6 themes

Heath Slater
John Cena
Dean Ambrose
Bray Wyatt
Nakamura
AJ Styles

Caderfix

1 - Asuka
2 - Finn
3 - Aleister Black
4 - Nakamerica
5 - Braun
6 - Corbin
7 - Bray
8 - Sheamus
9 - AJ
10 - Roode

EDIT: I forgot about Finn's, now it's a top 10.

Zach

Bray's theme really is quite gouda.

I just remembered him losing at Manio despite spooky theatrics. How dumb is that? I really don't care about people winning and losing, at all (in modern-day WWE). And rarely care to judge their wacky booking decisions, but man, if you're doing spooky theatrics and don't put the guy over...? Just... what?

Top Bottom