• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Heroman

Banned
Finally signed up for NJPWWorld.
We did it!!!!!
jghc44g.gif

Menome

Seeing as I've stopped watching the classic content and there's alternative avenues available for NXT, I think stopping my subscription to the Network is more than fair considering how much of this bullying stuff has surfaced the past fortnight.

Seeing as I've stopped watching the classic content and there's alternative avenues available for NXT, I think stopping my subscription to the Network is more than fair considering how much of this bullying stuff has surfaced the past fortnight.
Cancel it and I'll bully you!

I know you probably did it now for all the late April events coming up but just be prepared you'll be charged again on May 1st.

That said welcome to the fun... join us for he discussions live eh? We need more folks!

My dude, you just paid for 10 days of access, they'll charge you again on May 1st

Well shit. At least I get paid next week. But I need to drive in some of this stuff.

Well shit. At least I get paid next week. But I need to drive in some of this stuff.

You will get 4 live shows out of it though there's tomorrow (so tonight basically if you're in the Pacific time zone like me) and Sunday morning at 5:30am EST/2:30am PST

And then two big shows one on the 27th @ 5:30am EST/2:30am PST

And the 29th @ 4amEST/1amPST

Kaladin

So I'm on a hunt looking for fiction novels using the world of professional wrestling as a plot device. Has to be a major part of the story, with either the action taking place in the ring or around the promotion. I actually found one.....in fact, a series.

Blood Red Turns Dollar Green by Paul O'Brien

Professional wrestling meets Empire in a trilogy that RollingStone.com called “a one-of a kind literary offering for die-hard wrestling fans.”

New York City, 1969. Danno Garland is a middling member of the National Wrestling Council, a secretive syndicate of pro-wrestling promoters. He’s kept his head down for fifteen years, but now he’s found a new heavyweight champion, Babu, and plans to use him to build a wrestling empire. Blocked, though, by the NWC, Danno makes a deal with Florida boss Proctor King to ensure Danno’s man will be the next title holder. In exchange, the belt will go to Proctor’s son, Gilbert, once he’s out of prison in a couple of years.

But things don’t go according to plan, and now Danno is standing in a sold-out Shea Stadium on the night of biggest wrestling card of all time, and neither Babu nor Gilbert has shown up. Meanwhile, Lenny Long, Danno’s driver, is walking dazedly from the overturned van that was supposed to bring them to the venue, and the only sign of Gilbert is his foot.

Across the country, Proctor nervously watches the show on TV, wondering why his screw-up of a son doesn’t already have the championship belt in his hands. It’s taken four years of pay-offs, double dealing, and bone-breaking to arrange this match, and if all that’s gone to waste, he might just have to take a business trip to New York. The “fake” world of professional wrestling is going to get very real.

This kinda fills what I've been looking for, though I'm still looking for more actual wrestling less behind the scenes in novel form.

Beefy

Website's alright, it's ¥999, so around $9.10/8.50€/7.50£

For a site whose english component is run purely off built in google translate it's not bad... it's leagues ahead of DDT Universe for example

Content is incredible...

Like 8 something.

Less than 10 US because of the exchange and not particularly. The content makes up for it if you like NJPW.

Cheaper then the Bully network then. What time (UK) do they do their shows?

Barrage

I assume those of you "cancelling" the Network (posting online that you're cancelling something is as narcissistic and masturbatory an action as I can think of) to support GOOD GUY NICE NICE NEW JAPAN, haven't read Ring Of Hell before.

http://www.postandcourier.com/staff...cle_2c523c48-553a-594c-a4f8-33799a1ea5ca.html

...It's that background that gives Randazzo a unique perspective on his revealing take on a mob-run Japanese wrestling industry in which verbal and sexual abuse run rampant, and where beatings in its "hell camp" training regimens were so brutal and severe that sometimes they were fatal.

It was in Japan's dojo system during the '80s, the author theorizes, that Benoit evolved from tortured trainee to backstage bully. Benoit was, in fact, the product of warped and twisted training grounds such as the infamous Hart family Dungeon in Canada and the Japanese dojos. It was a demeaning, nightmarish system designed to reward the strong and break the weak

Moral grandstanding and pro wrestling don't mix.

Beefy

Depends, the show tomorrow is on at 10:30am for example, but the bigger shows are often earlier - about 8am, 9am depending on whether the clocks have gone forwards or backwards.

Would probably be morning for you between 9am and 10:30am your time I think (and on some shows 8am)

If you can't watch live it's archived right away though unlike FloSlam.

Looks like I am getting it then.

Caderfix

I assume those of you "cancelling" the Network (posting online that you're cancelling something is as narcissistic and masturbatory an action as I can think of) to support GOOD GUY NICE NICE NEW JAPAN, haven't read Ring Of Hell before.

Nah, nothing wrong with that after the stuff that has been made more and more visible. Letting people know that you don't support the network any more and why is not a bad thing to do when you want to raise awareness of the issue and how to deal with it.

Heroman

Banned
What are you trying to prove?

jmdajr

I wonder if Hunter's a fan of Jinder?

Probably, because Jinder makes HHH look clean in comparison

When not-being racist becomes convenient!
AmIRight?

lolololololz

Them's just facts

Roman is the most interesting of the Shield post-breakup for better or worse

Well. I guess it's the truth. Best feud too.

edit: Unrelated

Yesterday's Donut be damned, Friday is still unhealthy eat day. I think I will have this later. Might also regret it, but been meaning to try it for awhile.

98790579_o.png

Top Bottom