• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

a 2017 Dave Meltzer vs a 1998 Vince McMahon match is a dream match of mine
8glwvabx5ejx.jpg

vs

40e6a2b74494ca887cff563e325c9725.jpg

QONVIyz.gif

I do think there's a sort of sliding scale of wrestling press/media figures that we can classify people with in terms of negativity/positivity:

Like there are Bryan Alvarezs who think basically everything sucks... There are Dave Meltzers who are more likely to say Meh than Grrr, then there are John Pollocks who are pretty open minded and positive but still can be quite sarcastic and then there are Wai Tings who need something to really suck (think WCW 2000) to get really negative.

Here we have some Alvarezs for sure, we have a lot of Meltzers, some John Pollocks (to which I consider myself one) and very few Wai Tings.

This is purely on the WWE product side I might add.

Almost through the first four days of this year's Champion Carnival, and the best matches have been on Night 1. I wonder if the compressed schedule is forcing the wrestlers to take it a little easier in the smaller venues.

I think at this point Alvarez is so tired of some parts of his job (probably the watching wrestling part) while Meltzer was smart enough to shift his hobbies more to MMA to keep himself happy overall. While I skip all his MMA writing, I like Meltzer a lot.

Wai Ting > John Pollock, too, for sure, though I think they're both great, for a show review show. I stopped listening to all that stuff two years ago and just stick to We Watch Wrestling or Marty and Sarah to hear people enjoy wrestling and be really funny/entertaining about it (something Alvarez has never really done despite broadcasting for centuries).

I also avoid all wrestling rumor sites now except PWSheet for big stories, because honestly we don't need a single bit of it. It doesn't enhance the fun at all.

Which one am I, excelsiorlef??

Probably a Meltzer but with a more cynical rating scale....

Not enough rage to be an Alvarez :p

They aren't all one for one classifications, some fit more than others.

Like for me I really really really fit the John Pollock mold... I'm open minded, I enjoy a lot of the product but when I hate something I dig into it (see Taker/Reigns and Orton/Wyatt at Mania 33)

Heroman

Banned
I think at this point Alvarez is so tired of some parts of his job (probably the watching wrestling part) while Meltzer was smart enough to shift his hobbies more to MMA to keep himself happy overall. While I skip all his MMA writing, I like Meltzer a lot.

Wai Ting > John Pollock, too, for sure, though I think they're both great, for a show review show. I stopped listening to all that stuff two years ago and just stick to WWW or Marty and Sarah to hear people enjoy wrestling.
Alvarez loves watching good Wrestling

Wai Ting > John Pollock, too, for sure, though I think they're both great, for a show review show. I stopped listening to all that stuff two years ago and just stick to We Watch Wrestling or Marty and Sarah to hear people enjoy wrestling and be really funny/entertaining about it (something Alvarez has never really done despite broadcasting for centuries).
Wewatchwrestling is the GOAT

Top Bottom