• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Syder

Not that it matters now since he finally got got but weird including and dissing of Bryan Alvarez into this and really insulting all of us with issues and frustrations with this company by invoking the guy who was at one time a pro-wrassler as someone who hates wrestling because WWE frustrates the shit out of him.
People should know by now not to feed the troll but regardless, I'll never understand the 'just don't watch' mantra.
It's like they've never watched wrestling. It's always been trash, you just watch for the good bits.

Mauro was great last night, he deserves a permanent, high paid gig.

Easily the best heavyweight fight in over 10 years. Plus being on cable helped a lot. Good for Mauro, loved his call of the fight.

I'd say over 20.

Felt like a proper old time heavyweight fight. First boxing ppv I'm happy to have bought in a long time. Wish we got Mauro on the UK broadcast.

I was really hesitant to buy it since klitsko has always been a boring fighter, but he brought it last night.

The main event featured Tetsuya Naito defending the Intercontinental title against Juice Robinson successfully in a very good main event, although not the match-of-the-year level of main event that Kazuchika Okada has been doing monthly this year.

http://fightnetwork.com/law/april-30-news-update-house-of-horrors-tonight-at-payback/

See now this pisses me off...

Okada fought: Omega, Suzuki, Ibushi and Shibata...

Naito fought Juice Robinson....

I get that Okada is the common denominator in those 4 previous big main events (which duh he's champion) but going Naito's match was very good but not Okada monthly great is an insult to the guys Okada had matches with because in it is the assumption that Okada is basically having these MOTY matches on his own...

Never mind that Naito had a MOTY candidate (that's better than every match Okada's had except vs Omega) with Elgin in Feb....

Like is that the standard for every non Okada vs World Beater main event? That it has to be compared to those.

This I believe is why some people take issue with Okada, when we sort of talk down a great match that Naito pulled off with Juice fucking goddamn Robinson because it's not as good as Okada vs Another Wrestling God... it's ridiculous.

Oh and I forgot to add another "fuck WWE", King, JBL and especially Vince for the Mauro stuff. Every time he now succeeds outside the company should be met with WWE getting a middle finger in treating one of the best PBP guys in the last 20 years who actually has a passion for their business like they did.

Phoenix I read and loved your post

Just thought I should say so because that was a lot of effort and shouldn't go unnoticed
The sleep deprived ramblings of a lunatic on the fringe.

Now I'm reminded of what a squandering of potential Ambrose has been post-Shield. :(
Still not enough to put him in your top 5 though...

I don't need anyone's top five cause I'm in a class of my own baybeh!

EDIT:
People should know by now not to feed the troll but regardless, I'll never understand the 'just don't watch' mantra.
It's like they've never watched wrestling. It's always been trash, you just watch for the good bits.

I heavily considered making him the inaugural induction to my ignore list. As for the if you don't like it, don't watch it argument, I agree though I think I've reached the point where at the very least the time spent with WWE's product would be better spent elsewhere. It actually keeps me up at night sometimes thinking about it.

I really think Bayley losing and that triggering Sasha's heel turn would be sweef
I could see maybe Sasha thinks Alexa is an easy win so if Alexa tries cheating during the match, instead of helping like she did against Charlotte, Sasha let's the cheating happen so Bayley loses, Alexa is champ and Sasha can take the belt off of her.

Foggy

http://fightnetwork.com/law/april-30-news-update-house-of-horrors-tonight-at-payback/

See now this pisses me off...

Okada fought: Omega, Suzuki, Ibushi and Shibata...

Naito fought Juice Robinson....

I get that Okada is the common denominator in those 4 previous big main events (which duh he's champion) but going Naito's match was very good but not Okada monthly great is an insult to the guys Okada had matches with because in it is the assumption that Okada is basically having these MOTY matches on his own...

Never mind that Naito had a MOTY candidate (that's better than every match Okada's had except vs Omega) with Elgin in Feb....

Like is that the standard for every non Okada vs World Beater main event? That it has to be compared to those.

This I believe is why some people take issue with Okada, when we sort of talk down a great match that Naito pulled off with Juice fucking goddamn Robinson because it's not as good as Okada vs Another Wrestling God... it's ridiculous.

Fact of the matter is that Okada has had tremendous matches in a 4 month stretch and nobody else has this year. It's remarkable and it should be applauded.

You get way too wrapped up in this stuff. Naito will get his time.

Fact of the matter is that Okada has had tremendous matches in a 4 month stretch and nobody else has this year. It's remarkable and it should be applauded.

You get way too wrapped up in this stuff. Naito will get his time.

I'm not denying that... but what is value in mentioning Okada when talking about Naito's match with Juice Robinson?

Who said it shouldn't be applauded? It should but it shouldn't be used to dismiss other great matches. Those matches should be allowed to be their own thing without invoking Okada.

Zach

I just realized that dastardly imBask didn't make the GWF 3 hype video he promised me and his little brother OwenIsNow. I'm used to these letdowns, imBask, but I will not let you hurt your brother like this.

JoJo

QONVIyz.gif

Foggy

I'm not denying that... but what is value in mentioning Okada when talking about Naito's match with Juice Robinson?

Who said it shouldn't be applauded? It is but it shouldn't be used to dismiss other great matches. Those matches should be allowed to be their own thing without invoking Okada.

It's just a blurb in a giant wall of text of wrestling news, not a comprehensive referendum on the match. I doubt there was any deliberate thought put into it.

I could never do a top 5 of WrassleGAF. Too many great people.

I guess I will watch Payback for a while and see how it goes. My friend gave me a flask/thermos for tea, so I kind of want to watch it while I sip on this thing.

eh, don't think I'm gonna be watching WWE presents Payback on the WWE Network for $9.99, rather keep playing Marksona 5 and finally seal the deal with this teacher.

Top Bottom