• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

imBask

Banned
As someone who's followed Sterling since his early Destructoid days, he actually does have his moments where he gets very clickbaity and does stuff simply to russle jimmies and get clicks. I actually believe him when he thinks Zelda isn't that great, but the stuff he did immediately afterwards when talking about Zelda and its fans felt like he was just trying to troll for hits.

that's fine by me

but would you DDoS his website and attack him on twitter for it? Like those people are actually the saddest people on earth

Sephzilla

Didn't I see that he makes moneyz exclusively via Patreon now, though? Aren't clicks irrelevant?

It's indirect but it still benefits him because it brings more eyes to his product

that's fine by me

but would you DDoS his website and attack him on twitter for it? Like those people are actually the saddest people on earth

DDoSing him because he gave Zelda a non-perfect score is fucking pathetic. Which is why I had absolutely zero issue with Jim going fully jimmy russle mode on Zelda stans

LionPride

Banned
But WWE is Sports Entertainment.

Hey I don't make up these rules.

If anything I'd be/am upset at outcomes BEFORE they even happen. And unfortunately it occurs all the time.
Exactly
that's fine by me

People who post about Gaffers from another site because they got permabammed

Zach

Sephzilla and I just aren't on the same page today. We're not friends for the rest of the day. imBask is my friend du jour.

It didn't say he lost then retired. Or that he retired to close the show. If it had, that'd be a spoiler
Saying his match was on last is a bigger spoiler than him retiring makes no sense to me.

Him retiring was presented as a result of his loss to roman and as such is part of the storyline (its my yard now) and should be considered a spoiler to an extent. Anyone who knew about wrestlemania knew taker was wrestling so his position on the card is meaningless.

Can we get back to discussing wrasslin?

giphy.gif

Tom Nook

If I don't want to get spoiled, I avoided the internet gaming forums entirely. Before BotW, I was avoiding youtube with Zelda on the title and the Gaming section on Neogaf.

As for the Nakamura spoiler, I've been following wrestling for years, going to internet forums, how can I get spoiled when Nakamura does show up? Going through this thread, for example, we all make comments here and there "we think so and so will appear". So when it does happen, I didn't feel like I got spoiled. I was surprised of the other elements like the violinist and that he a program match with the Miz.

Nakamura appearing that gets a thread means he is a big deal.

Now i'm curious

There is a voat page out there with several members permaband who target gaffers with every thread including going out of their way to put out their public information and direct attacks to them. To call them alt right is an understatement and an insult to alt rights. Let's just put it that way.

Also, as someone who has subbed to Jim Sterling, that dude was responsible for the attention he got. On the flipside, the people attacking him are responsible for how they reacted. Jim is an entertainer. What's also true: people should not go in wanting insight into games from these "journalists". He was hyping his negative review for Yooka a few weeks before he dropped it just to garner attention. And yes, said attention doesn't pay him with a click, but it does draw people to his brand which subsequently directs them to Patreon. When Jim is now the focal point of the discussion, and not the game, you know where he stands.

No one is talking about Yooka, everyone is ranting about a deliberately graded 2. So fuck him. Mind you, no one was bothered by other below average graded reviews.

rrc1594

If AJ goes to Raw wouldn't he out of the title picture for couple months, If they are doing Roman/Braun Vs Brock at SS?

Recall

It's indirect but it still benefits him because it brings more eyes to his product

DDoSing him because he gave Zelda a non-perfect score is fucking pathetic. Which is why I had absolutely zero issue with Jim going fully jimmy russle mode on Zelda stans

Jeff Gerstmann got death threats over his famous 8.8 Zelda review (Twilight Princess?). Reviews are considered personal attacks as fans who care about scores are generally insecure and need the validation of others to justify their tastes.

Sephzilla

Jeff Gerstmann got death threats over his famous 8.8 Zelda review (Twilight Princess?). Reviews are considered personal attacks as fans who care about scores are generally insecure and need the validation of others to justify their tastes.

i'm noticing a trend...

Top Bottom