• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

I don't know if I would want Pac in WWE actually. His move set would be so neutered

Yeah, the trouble with Pac is that he has a crazy array of moves - much of his regular high flying offence consists of moves that would easily pass for a finisher; the 450 splash, the back handspring into a tornado DDT, the standing SSP etc, and that's even before you factor in his actual finishing moves; the 630 splash, the corkscrew SSP & the implosion 450.

WWE would make him use just one, and the rest of his offence will be head-scissors, a frankensteiner, cross-bodies, arm drags and maybe a bridging German suplex. This is the problem with Sin Cara - WWE are so obsessed with everyone having easily identifiable, recognisable, 5 move of doom move-sets, that they forget that what make high flyers so great is their unpredictability and innovativeness.

More Raw Spoilers:

Backstage, Kofi Kingston was chatting with A.J. Daniel Bryan saw them talking and got jealous. Bryan changed the name of his finisher to the "Yes! Lock." The "Yes!" chants are deafening. Bryan is super over in London. Daniel Bryan enters and says that he can’t hear anything because of the “YES” chants from the crowd. He says that he’s renamed the LeBell Lock the YES Lock! He then starts saying YES repeatedly and the crowd joins in.

That is just the BEST.

I don't know if it's a mistake, but in the promo Steen says his match with Kingston during the Chikara show is for the Grand Championship.

It doesn't mention if it's for the title on the Chikara website, but I've seen ROH mention that it will be for the belt a few times - personally, I was hoping it wasn't for the belt, as I can't see them wanting to put the title on Steen after King's made just 3 defences, so it kind of telegraphs the winner (barring any interference).

bart jr said:
Also, is it only me that thinks Steve Corino is the only logical choice to be chosen for El Generico's partner?

Yeah, Corino makes the most sense, but it would be cool if they brought in someone for the night.
Kenny Omega plz /fantasybooking

He'd have to change his name. There is only one true Pac.

x-pac.jpeg

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
More Raw Spoilers:

Backstage, Kofi Kingston was chatting with A.J. Daniel Bryan saw them talking and got jealous. Bryan changed the name of his finisher to the "Yes! Lock." The "Yes!" chants are deafening. Bryan is super over in London. Daniel Bryan enters and says that he can’t hear anything because of the “YES” chants from the crowd. He says that he’s renamed the LeBell Lock the YES Lock! He then starts saying YES repeatedly and the crowd joins in

John Cena came out for a promo. The anti-Cena fans outnumber the pro-Cena fans roughly 70-30. Cena acknowledged the "Yes" chants again and joined in. He cut a very intense, serious promo with no smiling or jokes. John Laurianitis interrupted and announced the Cena and Brock contract signing for next week. Lee noted that it seemed like the serious style Cena used turned some of the crowd in his favor by the end of the segment.

Vince is getting the editing tool ready for us tonight!

Cena taking credit again. smh

I might cry tonight if this isn't edited somehow.

I don't know if I would want Pac in WWE actually. His move set would be so neutered....though he is great with ring psychology and mat wrestling so he should fit in there.

It would be nice if he could do more of what makes him special but obviously it would be toned down. He can work with someone bigger. He had a suprisingly good match with Brodie Lee last year.
I would think at some point you would want to transition from what he does to what the E does if you can make some solid coin on it. Pac's body won't be able to always hold up to his style. Just a question of if that time is now.
I bet Gabriel and his 450 won't be happy to see him.

bart jr

Neo Member
It doesn't mention if it's for the title on the Chikara website, but I've seen ROH mention that it will be for the belt a few times - personally, I was hoping it wasn't for the belt, as I can't see them wanting to put the title on Steen after King's made just 3 defences, so it kind of telegraphs the winner (barring any interference).

Yeah, Corino makes the most sense, but it would be cool if they brought in someone for the night.
Kenny Omega plz /fantasybooking

yea I really don't want it to be for the belt, either. I this love line from Steen, though -

"I get Eddie Kingston on that uh, Mickey Mouse thing, uh Chikara Pro Wrestling. And it's for the Grand Championship, which as soon as I win it, I will rename the bumblebee world title and give it to my child..."

More Raw Spoilers:

Backstage, Kofi Kingston was chatting with A.J. Daniel Bryan saw them talking and got jealous. Bryan changed the name of his finisher to the "Yes! Lock." The "Yes!" chants are deafening. Bryan is super over in London. Daniel Bryan enters and says that he can’t hear anything because of the “YES” chants from the crowd. He says that he’s renamed the LeBell Lock the YES Lock! He then starts saying YES repeatedly and the crowd joins in

John Cena came out for a promo. The anti-Cena fans outnumber the pro-Cena fans roughly 70-30. Cena acknowledged the "Yes" chants again and joined in. He cut a very intense, serious promo with no smiling or jokes. John Laurianitis interrupted and announced the Cena and Brock contract signing for next week. Lee noted that it seemed like the serious style Cena used turned some of the crowd in his favor by the end of the segment.

Vince is getting the editing tool ready for us tonight!

Cena trying to leech heat off Bryan like he did to Ryder. Fuck off Cena.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
It would be nice if he could do more of what makes him special but obviously it would be toned down. He can work with someone bigger. He had a suprisingly good match with Brodie Lee last year.
I would think at some point you would want to transition from what he does to what the E does if you can make some solid coin on it. Pac's body won't be able to always hold up to his style. Just a question of if that time is now.
I bet Gabriel and his 450 won't be happy to see him.

I'll go ahead and be selfish and say that I'll be ok with a neutered Pac if I get to see him on TV on a semi-weekly basis. Much like Punk & Bryan, I wish they were used more like their time in the indies, but I'll take what I can get.

That being said, I expect he'd get stuck in developmental forever, so I'll just never see him again.

Either way, I'll always have the memory of patting him on the shoulder just before I abandoned him to get splashed on by AR Fox.

G-Fex

He's going to go beyond announcing his ring entrance, he'll be singing it.

My expectations were set after viewing the train wrecks of Raw/SD last week and cross referencing that information with the usual Raw shows from Blighty, i've been prepared all week.

DANCERSON ♫!!

somedevil

Here is the rest of Raw spoilers:

* Brock Lesnar promo on the big screen. Lesnar says he isn't a WWE Superstar, he's an ass kicker. Lesnar says he doesn't care about anyone and isn't here for a feel good moment. WWE needs someone to legitimize it and he's the real deal to do it. Lesnar calls John Cena fake and says everyone is tired of his bullshit. They keep bleeping him out. He says Cena is pissing and shitting himself. Lesnar says beating Cena up in the Extreme Rules match at Extreme Rules will make him happy.

* Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan is up next. Huge YES chants for Bryan. Bryan wins after a good back and forth match with the Yes Lock, formerly the LaBell Lock. The crowd goes nuts for Bryan. Bryan re-applied the hold after the match until Sheamus came out. Bryan dodged a Brogue Kick and left as the crowd was still chanting.

* Brodus Clay beat Dolph Ziggler by DQ when Jack Swagger interfered. Vickie Guerrero got into it at ringside with one of Clay's dancers. Clay and his dancers dance in the ring to end it.

* A video for the late Chief Jay Strongbow airs.

* Big Show and The Great Khali vs. Epico and Primo is up next. Abraham Washington watches the match from up on the ramp. Show and Khali get the win after a double choke slam.

* John Cena comes out for his Extreme Rules match against a mystery man. That mystery man is none other than Lord Tensai. Laurinaitis comes out and watches Tensai dominate Cena. Cena finally makes a comeback but Sakamoto attacks him. David Otunga also got involved at one point. Tensai spit the green mist into Cena's face to get the surprising win and end RAW.

UberTag

* John Cena comes out for his Extreme Rules match against a mystery man. That mystery man is none other than Lord Tensai. Laurinaitis comes out and watches Tensai dominate Cena. Cena finally makes a comeback but Sakamoto attacks him. David Otunga also got involved at one point. Tensai spit the green mist into Cena's face to get the surprising win and end RAW.
I'm getting tired of these
Lord Tensai
squash matches. Always the same thing. ;)

Is Abraham Washington the Apollo Creed dude from TNA?

Abraham Washington is the totally awesome talk show host from WWECW, who would generally be an annoying dickhole but then suddenly turn street any time one of his guests managed to hit a nerve. Also Tony Atlas was there.

rvd2kewl

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-04-09/punk-spotted-in-pub

WWE Champion CM Punk spotted at London pub
Page 1 of 1
April 16, 2012

CM Punk spotted at London pub

As first revealed on WWE's Breaking News mobile alert service, WWE Champion CM Punk has reportedly been spotted in a London pub, just hours before Raw SuperShow emanates from London's O2 Arena as part of WWE's tour of Europe, which includes tonight's edition of Raw in the United Kingdom.

Exclusive video of The Straight Edge Superstar at an unlikely London bar location is expected this evening on Raw SuperShow. What will the footage show? What does this mean for CM Punk's longtime pledge against alcohol? How might this news affect the main event of Raw, featuring the WWE Champion against Mark Henry in a No Count-Out, No Disqualification Match for the title?

Tune in tonight at 9/8 CT to USA Network to find out.

*rolls eyes*

The alcoholism thing was dumb back in 2003 when Raven & Tommy Dreamer tied Punk up in the ropes and poured beer down his throat, and it's dumb now - but at least back then we got a whole bunch of godlike promos.

the hell? where is alex wright, disco inferno and tokyo magnum?

I had no .gif's of them to hand - but to make up for it, here's the wiggle instead;

NormanSmiley.gif

So Cena will squash Tensai next week to build heat up against Brock, since Brock won't show up again until the ppv unless they start burning through his dates. Looks like my prediction will come true I made before Lord Tensai's debut.

somedevil

Chicago seems to get all the stacked B pay per view shows. The top 3 matches for the pay per view seem very good and made better with a top 5 crowd.

Wow RAW sounds deplorable. Think I will skip it, and catch up on some games.

Really? Sounds much better than last week. The crowd is hot too. You already hated the show before you even read the spoilers.

So Cena will squash Tensai next week to build heat up against Brock, since Brock won't show up again until the ppv unless they start burning through his dates. Looks like my prediction will come true I made before Lord Tensai's debut.

I don't think that going to happen. There is a contract signing next week between Cena and Lesnar.

Abraham Washington is the totally awesome talk show host from WWECW, who would generally be an annoying dickhole but then suddenly turn street any time one of his guests managed to hit a nerve. Also Tony Atlas was there.

Oh, I sort of never watched WWECW after THAT PPV. I just saw the name and thought it seemed like a name you'd give to someone trying to rip off Apollo Creed. I was very wrong.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Here is the rest of Raw spoilers:

This... this doesn't sound bad at all. Some shitty things, but some potentially nice things...

What just happened?

They're going to scrap everything and air an hour of John Cena vs. The Rock recap followed by an hour-long recap of the best match ever, HHH vs. Taker II
I
aren't they?

I think I'm really loving Brock Lesnar's gimmick of: "Hey I'm a real fighter that kills things, fuck you!" *Crowd Cheers*
It's gonna be even better when he turns heel and it becomes: "Hey I'm a real fighter that kills things, fuck you!" *Crowd Boos*

Top Bottom