• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

This is one of those dudes who only watched Nakamura through gifs of wrestle kingdom matches previously, huh?
That’s all I knew about Nak before he debuted at NXT. I saw Swagsuke and everyone posting gifs and talking about how great he was. He had his match with Sami and I was like, “that’s it?”. He has his moments, but they mainly happen during his entrance.

Nakamura's Mania moment will probably be losing to Bray Wyatt
Bray winning?
KevinNashLaugh.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
I mean that's the literal pull quote of the article, so I think that's the point

GXfBrxXl.png

I wonder who was the first to come out with this conclusion OH WAIT A MINUTE

Is Nakamura even real? Did he ever exist? Or did we create him in our minds?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Sephzilla

I mean, if AJ Styles took a big fat L to Chris Jericho back before Jericho was boring as fuck and not doing cool stuff with Kevin Owens, then I absolutely believe Nakamura will job to someone at his first Mania as well.

Who is more of a disappointment for folks that have only seen them in NXT/WWE? Nakamura or Balor?

Balor has had more good NXT/WWE matches than Nakamura has.

Foggy

Even at his worst Nakamura could still provide a handful of amazing matches per year. It's been over a year since he had an amazing match.

Mahonay

Banned
That’s all I knew about Nak before he debuted at NXT. I saw Swagsuke and everyone posting gifs and talking about how great he was. He had his match with Sami and I was like, “that’s it?”. He has his moments, but they mainly happen during his entrance.
If you weren't impressed by his match with Sami I don't know what to tell you.

His match against AJ at WK10 is one of my all time favorite matches.

That said, I've not really liked WWE Nakamura overall. It's been a serious downgrade in both opponents and workrate output.

Anth0ny

Presented without comment:

Raw Rating from last night:

The first hour of Raw averaged 3.416 million viewers. Hour two drew 3.581 million viewers. The final hour of the show averaged 3.216 million viewers.
Raw Rating from equivalent show in 2015:

The first hour of Raw averaged 3.606 million viewers. Hour two drew 3.794 million viewers. The final hour of the show averaged 3.764 million viewers.

I mean, if AJ Styles took a big fat L to Chris Jericho back before Jericho was boring as fuck and not doing cool stuff with Kevin Owens, then I absolutely believe Nakamura will job to someone at his first Mania as well.

Balor has had more good NXT/WWE matches than Nakamura has.

His feud with Jericho was hilarious in hindsight.

"Good guy Jericho always puts folks over!"
-Wins against AJ, kicking out of the clash in the process.

I wonder how many folks bought those Y2AJ shirts anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Balor has plenty of good matches and he is over despite the absolute firm insistence by know-it-all smarks here and on Reddit that he is a "vanilla midget" who isn't over.

jmdajr

As I already said. GAF alone can't be blamed for hyping Nak.

Daniel Bryan went out of his way to put over this guy. He said he wanted a dream match with him.

So I was like..."OMG NAK IS DA BEST IN DA WORLD!"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jericho put over Fandango at Wrestlemania but not AJ Styles

I don't think Jericho books himself. It's not his fault that they went in that direction. Ironically AJ Styles was put into the main event literally the day after doing the job to Jericho.

The biggest problem with WWE is that they have 50% good workers and 50% bad workers and never match the first group up against each other. It's contractually obligated that Nakamura has to fight Jinder Mahal, Balor has to fight Bray Wyatt, and so on and so forth. The tall, buff guys who can't work are kind of disproportionately affecting match quality because they're stuff everywhere.

If you weren't impressed by his match with Sami I don't know what to tell you.

His match against AJ at WK10 is one of my all time favorite matches.

That said, I've not really liked WWE Nakamura overall. It's been a serious downgrade in both opponents and workrate output.
I was more impressed with everyone’s favorite cabbie than Nak.
Balor has plenty of good matches and he is over despite the absolute firm insistence by know-it-all smarks here and on Reddit that he is a "vanilla midget" who isn't over.
Plenty?
Why did you skip the 2016 rating, which last night beat?

You don't have to comment to show bias Mr. 5years
He’s done that a couple of times lol

jmdajr

Aj Styles And Kevin Owens have certainly exceeded beyond my expectations.
They could have easily gone absolutely nowhere. But you can't keep good talent down (sometimes).

Pikma

Banned
Presented without comment:

Raw Rating from last night:

Raw Rating from equivalent show in 2015:
Sometimes I wonder if there's a warehouse somewhere out there with 2 million tvs tuned in to Raw

Then again, it is a known fact the US has millions of stupid people so I guess that's why they still watch

Angry Grimace

I was more impressed with everyone's favorite cabbie than Nak.

Plenty?

He's done that a couple of times lol

Sure, the Rollins match was good, the first Joe match was good, the Owens matches were both good, as far as dudes on the main roster working every Raw, I think his average match is of higher quality than almost everyone else.

He's had like 4 feuds since he arrived in the company.

As I already said. GAF alone can't be blamed for hyping Nak.

Daniel Bryan went out of his way to put over this guy. He said he wanted a dream match with him.

So I was like..."OMG NAK IS DA BEST IN DA WORLD!"

Putting over a guy he knows he's not going to be in the same company as a year from now

Yall got conned by the Concussed Man, smh

Foggy

Sometimes I wonder if there's a warehouse somewhere out there with 2 million tvs tuned in to Raw

Then again, it is a known fact the US has millions of stupid people so I guess that's why they still watch

NCIS is still like the highest rated thing ever. I've never met a soul who is or has watched it.

Sure, the Rollins match was good, the first Joe match was good, the Owens matches were both good, as far as dudes on the main roster working every Raw, I think his average match is of higher quality than almost everyone else.

He's had like 4 feuds since he arrived in the company.
That Rollins match was not good, but I won’t blame that on Balor. I only saw a couple of his NXT matches and only remember the Owens one from Beast from the East...that had great camerawork. Hmmm...his Roman matches, that IC contender four way and his match last night were good though. Actually, his Bray match was alright too. I just don’t like the “spooky” shit.

Mahonay

Banned
That Rollins match was not good, but I won’t blame that on Balor. I only saw a couple of his NXT matches and only remember the Owens one from Beast from the East...that had great camerawork. Hmmm...his Roman matches, that IC contender four way and his match last night were good though. Actually, his Bray match was alright too. I just don’t like the “spooky” shit.
I didn't like Seth vs Finn either.

Right now Finn's Demon gimmick has worn thin on me. It detracts from his matches.

Angry Grimace

That Rollins match was not good, but I won't blame that on Balor. I only saw a couple of his NXT matches and only remember the Owens one from Beast from the East...that had great camerawork. Hmmm...his Roman matches, that IC contender four way and his match last night were good though. Actually, his Bray match was alright too. I just don't like the ”spooky" shit.

The other Owens match had to follow Bayley/Sasha at Brooklyn I. It was still a good match. He was good against Joe the first time and when they did the London Takeover.

He really hasn't had much in the way of feuds. Basically Rollins, Elias and Bray. And it seems like they're already done with Bray. Seems like they're going to go into holding mode with Finn and have him job to dudes as Stripper Finn and then beat them as the Demon to end feuds.

Egg0

Banned
Oh man speaking of Sami, I just realized he wasn't even at Summerslam... 20 hour show and they couldn't find something for him to do.

I guess he's still fueding with the Kanellis'. I hope that's over relatively soon.

Angry Grimace

Oh man speaking of Sami, I just realized he wasn't even at Summerslam... 20 hour show and they couldn't find something for him to do.

I guess he's still fueding with the Kanellis'. I hope that's over relatively soon.

A ton of people don't make the big shows, they have a billion dudes on the roster.

Top Bottom