• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

ibkaToCCGXEmZu.jpg

said this in other thread...
On the bus from the event....wow amazing hot finish!! It was like a last second superbowl win victory celebration. Its safe to say the first hour was one the worse hours in mania history...the crowd was HOT for bryan...fuck you vince!! The last 3 hours made up for it though. They werent instant classics but they were extremely fun and memorable. Not sure how it was on ppv but i'm going to give a solid B+ and one of my favorite crowds. Cons - no opening pyro the crowd was confused...The troll job of poor bryan fuck u vince...even though the crowd was hot mama clay was fucking horrible...thats about it really.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Before people come in here and try to defend it.

Matches better than CM Punk vs. Jericho...

- CM Punk vs. John Cena (Money in the Bank)
- Christian vs. Randy Orton (about a half dozen PPVs and Smackdowns last year)
- Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio (Extreme Rules)
- CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan (2012 Smackdown main event)
- Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards (Best in the World 2011)
- Davey Richards vs. Michael Elgin (Saturday afternoon in Florida)

I'm sure I could think of some others without much trouble. Hell, Undertaker vs. Triple H at the past two Wrestlemanias even qualify despite being overrated.

Okay?

No body said it was the best match in the history of everything. It started slow and got exciting at the end. Who are you arguing with?

Axiom

I quite enjoyed 'mania this year, and while I'm sad Bryan didn't get longer - it was completely fitting the storyline and he 'wasn't ready' so he has an excuse to whine about. It's not like he got sucker punched by a move with a lot of set-up, he got sucker-kicked in the fucking head by a guy who makes a living out of finishing people with kicks to the fucking head.

It completely works for the storyline and the characters. Bryan is no Chavo in terms of where his character is right now and I don't think they'll pull a Christian on him.

The Jericho-Punk match was completely fantastic, Taker-HHH was fun, Rock-Cena was electric and I marked out at the outcome.

I was not happy with how the build-up to Wrestlemania went but this was a fun show - a lot better than last year.

UberTag

Okay?

No body said it was the best match in the history of everything. It started slow and got exciting at the end. Who are you arguing with?
I'm arguing with anyone even daring to refer to that match as "great" given the level of talent involved and how it played out.

If anything, that match was an epic disappointment. It only comes off as "great" given the level of other content provided on the show tonight. Hell, I'd even go so far as to say that Orton/Kane and the thrown-together tag match with blown Gabriel spot did a better job of rising to the occasion.

Chill guys, Cena is turning heel and changing his move back to the FU. D-Bry will move toward the more significant championship in a program with Punk. The tag titles will do...something. Brock is going to smash the great white via gif tomorrow night and take his belt. All is well.

DMczaf

I posted that shortly after Bryan lost because there is no point in wasting time investing in a company that does not care about its own product.

Why do you not care about Vince? He just wants to entertain himself, is that so bad?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why do you not care about Vince? He just wants to entertain himself, is that so bad?
Vince is a millionaire who could be a billionaire.

He will be the death of his fathers product and he has no one to blame but himself.

HeySeuss

Well now Bryan is free to go after the title he deserves. The ROH tv title. Although Jay Lethal is more entertaining.

To be fair, the Mania thread was getting shitted up by a lot of people. I'm not talking about anyone in particular from the Wrasslin threads, but the people who never watch wrestling or rarely do. That's why I was asking if we're gonna have an April thread, because I wanted talking about the show, but without the people throwing around hyperboles like nobodies business.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm arguing with anyone even daring to refer to that match as "great" given the level of talent involved and how it played out.
Pretend I put that Jim Carrey Truman Show gif right here.

If anything, that match was an epic disappointment. It only comes off as "great" given the level of other content provided on the show tonight. Hell, I'd even go so far as to say that Orton/Kane and the thrown-together tag match with blown Gabriel spot did a better job of rising to the occasion.

It was a good match. Not sure why you're getting argumentative with nobody over it. Certainly better than Orton/Kane or the tag match.

(That said, the tag match was clearly better than some of the other matches on the card, but that's current WWE PPVs for ya.)

And Beth got pinned by a celebrity. She looks real strong.

Dude, Lethal lost the TV title to Roderick Strong. D-Brine will have to go through both of them.

Come on like WWE gonna let a cele lose a match...I can't remember the last time a celeb lost

Brock didn't show up :(

Lol what was the point of him being guarded by people in public all weekend.

Rock B^)

Taker gonna fight miz next year? D: 20-0 vs 3-0

Brock didn't show up :(

Lol what was the point of him being guarded by people in public all weekend.

Rock B^)

Taker gonna fight miz next year? D: 20-0 vs 3-0
The way the ending was presented, I wouldn't be surprised if that was Taker's last match. The whole "End of an Era" thing.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Did anyone else find that cena fanboy in all green in the front row distracting? He stood out like a sore thumb lol

NoRéN

18 seconds!
clap clap clapclapclap

18 seconds!
clap clap clapclapclap

So was that the rewrite mentioned last night?

These overreaction posts are gonna be hilarious when DAT SUPAHERO wins the title back in a few months.

I think it's funny how there were so many complaints about how boring and pointless the Sheamus/Bryan feud was going, and then they do something to make it interesting and everyone's all "no, do that by the numbers shit again!"

Brinbe

Truly terrible to do that to Bryan, he got one of the biggest reactions of the night and got straight shitted on. Embarrassing.

Top Bottom