• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Aiii

So not worth it
Has this been posted already?

nowayout.jpg

I need this poster in A2 format for epic fapping.

Tie me up AJ!

Bowser

There's no way that No Way Out poster is real, is it?

Also, apparently the plans for SummerSlam call for Lesnar to face
Randy Orton - bleh

Kaladin

*edit, reach for the skies, boy - new Briscoe Brothers promo about the ROH/CHIKARA feud;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0RIAVg8hng

‎"I was gettin' excited. Chicken was gettin' excited. And Mike Quackenbush, you a smart man, cause you knew it was gonna get excited; and you know Jay Briscoe's weakness is a fine honey with a fat ass. So for some reason, there was a female down there; she had a mask on too, but damn that bitch had a fat ass!"

LMAO

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Just finished one of the DDP Yoga dvd workouts. Feels real good, I feel...better. Recommending it so far, we'll see what happens. Good stuff.

I had no idea someone else here was doing it.

I just ordered it, and I should be getting it this afternoon. I know it's set up as a weekly schedule, so I think I'm going to look through the videos this weekend, and actually start the program on Monday.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's no way that No Way Out poster is real, is it?

Looks legit tbh. At least, if anyone found two pics of AJ and Bryan that match the poses and situation that well and managed to photoshop them in a pic I tip my hat to that guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I had no idea someone else here was doing it.

I just ordered it, and I should be getting it this afternoon. I know it's set up as a weekly schedule, so I think I'm going to look through the videos this weekend, and actually start the program on Monday.

Let me know how your progress goes! I'm not overly sore, but just the stretching has done a lot for my range of motion. Helps a lot, considering I'm on my ass at a desk job for >10 hours a day :/ How the mighty have fallen.

that poster is awesome. are there others for No Way Out or is that the main one? i love imagining in kayfabe terms how that photoshoot would have come about.

Vince has dream capturing technology and this is a still from one of his many fever dreams, sort of like that West Side Story Royal Rumble commercial.

So who are they gonna feed Kane to when Orton destroys him?

doesn't really matter. i will remember Kane going clean over Orton at Wrestlemania for many years longer than i will remember what happened at the PPV after. Orton isn't going to destroy him though. he almost never destroys anyone on PVV. he sells well, lets his opponents get in a lot of offense and then hits some crazy RKO out of nowhere for the win usually. that's probably what we'll be seeing here, rather than a TV orton match where he sets up the RKO after generally being on top.

they're still trying to make Kane look like a monster, so expect Orton to take a lot of punishment before hitting that RKO.

So who are they gonna feed Kane to when Orton destroys him?

Well if we go down the face hierarchy
- Cena
- Orton
- Punk?
It seems like the next logical step, plus Punk has feuded with pretty much all the main heels on the roster over the last few months, so Kane or they drag Miz back up out of the pit he's fallen into, seems to fit the bill for the usually uneventful months of May and June in WWE.

That poster is great. and the one good thing about the WWE this week

nonsense! Edge promo plus DB refereeing were also good. i also enjoyed Brock's attack on Josh (it was Josh right?), with it's hilarious over flattening of his clothes after the first bump against the van, and then the throw after the soft 'just doing my job'.

there was probably something else good this week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well if we go down the face hierarchy
- Cena
- Orton
- Punk?
It seems like the next logical step, plus Punk has feuded with pretty much all the main heels on the roster over the last few months, so Kane or they drag Miz back up out of the pit he's fallen into, seems to fit the bill for the usually uneventful months of May and June in WWE.

I don't think you could work a believable program with Punk as long as Lesnar is in his "legit" gimmick. I wouldn't believe it.

DKehoe

Create your own dirtsheet

Morale within IWA:MS

Backstage morale is said to be very bad in IWA:MS these days. Some of the wrestlers who IWA:MS used at the set of tapings before house show who weren't regulars have been telling friends that they couldn't believe how bad morale is in the company.
The general consensus behind the scenes is that many of the \"top names\" in IWA:MS from the early 2000's era are simply working for to collect paychecks with little regard for the longterm direction or health of the company.
Many of IWA:MS's vanilla midgets are afraid that they are either entering or in the middle of their athletic primes with no sign of their careers going anywhere. Many IWA:MS stars are weighing their options and considering jumping ship when their contracts expire, even those who have been with the company from the beginning.
The majority of IWA:MS's vanilla midgets are completely fed up with Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner and Matt Hardy. The resentment towards Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner is that they have all the meth necessary to bring real change to IWA:MS, but haven't seemed to come up with any good ideas on their own. As for Matt Hardy, the vanilla midgets has lost whatever confidence they had.
Most wrestlers on the roster will openly say that IWA:MS should have hired New Jack last year when they had the chance, because they wanted to focus the entire promotion on vanilla midgets.

Some Raw rating quarter hours from the new observer

"In the segment-by-segment, Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston lost 73,000 viewers. Jericho promo, John Laurinaitis and Eve
Torres backstage and taped promos of Brock Lesnar and a C.M. Punk promo gained 52,000 viewers. R-Truth vs. Lord Tensai
lost 3,000 viewers. Kane interview with Randy Orton throwing Paul Bearer into the freezer gained 865,000 viewers, which were
all the people who didn’t know Raw started an hour earlier. Cody Rhodes & Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show & Great Khali gained
195,000 viewers. Jericho, Laurinaitis, Torres and Teddy Long discussing Punk’s drinking lost 112,000 viewers. Beth Phoenix
vs. Nikki Bella gained 437,000 viewers, which was a big surprise. The Field Sobriety test segment gained 270,000 viewers to a
3.63 quarter which is one of the best quarters in a while. Sheamus vs. Mark Henry with Daniel Bryan as ref and Primo & Epico
vs. Zack Ryder & Santino Marella lost 439,000 viewers. Kane putting Paul Bearer back in the freezer and AW recruiting Primo &
Epico lost 370,000 viewers. Brodus Clay & Hornswoggle vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger gained 225,000 viewers. The final
segment with Lesnar and Laurinaitis and Cena in at the end gained 873,000 viewers to a 3.83 quarter, built up because they
went 15 minutes past time and people didn’t tune out as they sometimes do for long overruns."

RBH

This is fucking AMAZING. :lol :lol

Wrestling fan reports that Juventud Guerrera has been cleared of a battery charge following a recent altercation with an adult male outside of a Georgia restaurant.

According to the police report, Juventud Guerrera and Eric Bischoff were leaving the restaurant when a man, who is described as being inebriated, approached Eric Bischoff. The man became frustrated after Eric Bischoff told the drunkard to go away. Juventud Guerrera intervened and took the man down to the ground.

Juventud Guerrera held the man down until police arrived, but was arrested on suspicion of battery, a charge that has since been dropped due to lack of evidence.

Juventud Guerrera told wrestling fans they should have been arrested and that they'd have a good case to file a lawsuit.

"I'm a fake fighter," Juventud Guerrera added. "My head isn't a deadly weapon."

Huge development over at NWA Hollywood:

According to a new report published by PETA, a member of the NWA Hollywood creative team has inquired as to whether or not Ultramantis Black has had talks with officials about returning to the company following their retirement announcement.
Furthermore, it's being reported that the creative team member asked whether or not Vince McMahon would be involved should Ultramantis Black eventually return to NWA Hollywood. When asked about Vince McMahon, Jeff Farmer reportedly shot down the notion quickly, and said that Vince McMahon would not be part of any Ultramantis Black return and "that's the end of it."
It is believed at this time that if talks between Ultramantis Black and NWA Hollywood happen, they will be kept very quiet.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

PETA reports that Danial Bryan has been cleared of a battery charge following a recent altercation with an adult male outside of a Memphis restaurant.
According to the police report, Danial Bryan and Sheamus were leaving the restaurant when a man, who is described as being inebriated, approached Sheamus. The man became bi curious after Sheamus told the drunkard to go away. Danial Bryan intervened and took the man down to the ground.
Danial Bryan held the man down until police arrived, but was arrested on suspicion of battery, a charge that has since been dropped due to lack of evidence.
Danial Bryan told PETA they should have been arrested and that they'd have a good case to file a lawsuit.
"I'm a fake fighter,"Danial Bryan added. "My manboobs aren't a deadly weapon."

CM Punk: I can say that I'm a better wrestler now that I'm in WWE because the way we work in WWE is totally different than what you see anywhere else. Here, we work with spunk, and there's a reason for everything we do in the ring. Whether it's a atomic drop or a punch to the ballsack, there's a reason for everything. Before I would do moves because I had a venereal disease, but there's no cake or anything. That's why I think I'm a better wrestler now.

fun stuff.

ghostmind

Paul Heyman reportedly held a meeting with WWE talents on Tuesday before Summerslam, where he stressed that the rookies need to step up their games when it comes to telling stories in the ring. Apparently this is a common theme of Paul Heyman's in meetings. It's said that the rookies on Tuesday weren't very receptive to the speech as they've heard it all before. Brock Lesnar asked the rookies if anyone had questions and nobody did. It was noted that Ryback and sidekick Brie Bella were the only two people not in attendance for the meeting.

According to a new report published by Popular Housekeeping, a member of the WWE creative team has inquired as to whether or not Brie Bella has had talks with officials about returning to the company following their retirement announcement.
Furthermore, it's being reported that the creative team member asked whether or not Ryback would be involved should Brie Bella eventually return to WWE. When asked about Ryback, Paul Heyman reportedly shot down the notion quickly, and said that Ryback would not be part of any Brie Bella return and "that's the end of it."
It is believed at this time that if talks between Brie Bella and WWE happen, they will be kept very quiet.

In the new Popular Housekeeping issue featuring a piece on a day in the life of Ryback, the WWE executive says they are looking to the Twilight movie series to market Paul Heyman vs. Nikki Bella at Summerslam. 'Think Team Edward vs. Team Jacob,' they said.

Although previous reports noted that former WWE star Brie Bella worked this past weekend's Summerslam, Paul Heyman reported on Twitter that Brie Bella did NOT in fact partner against them, but rather Brock Lesnar was Nikki Bella's partner for a tag match against Paul Heyman and Ryback.
Our live reporters mistook Brie Bella for Brock Lesnar.

Sounds accurate.

RBH

Stephanie McMahon has noted to friends how much help El Dandy has been and has talked about the frustration about having to learn a new style of wrestling, all while the spotlight is on them.

Stephanie McMahon is said to be fully aware of the situation of being in the right place at the right time and El Dandy's first person brought in as an international star.

As noted before, there was heat after officials were disappointed with Stephanie McMahon and Triple H's match at Wrestlemania. Regarding that match, Triple H took all the heat from officials for the match not being good.
lol

Aiii

So not worth it
Some Raw rating quarter hours from the new observer

"In the segment-by-segment, Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston lost 73,000 viewers. Jericho promo, John Laurinaitis and Eve
Torres backstage and taped promos of Brock Lesnar and a C.M. Punk promo gained 52,000 viewers. R-Truth vs. Lord Tensai
lost 3,000 viewers. Kane interview with Randy Orton throwing Paul Bearer into the freezer gained 865,000 viewers, which were
all the people who didn’t know Raw started an hour earlier. Cody Rhodes & Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show & Great Khali gained
195,000 viewers. Jericho, Laurinaitis, Torres and Teddy Long discussing Punk’s drinking lost 112,000 viewers. Beth Phoenix
vs. Nikki Bella gained 437,000 viewers, which was a big surprise. The Field Sobriety test segment gained 270,000 viewers to a
3.63 quarter which is one of the best quarters in a while. Sheamus vs. Mark Henry with Daniel Bryan as ref and Primo & Epico
vs. Zack Ryder & Santino Marella lost 439,000 viewers. Kane putting Paul Bearer back in the freezer and AW recruiting Primo &
Epico lost 370,000 viewers. Brodus Clay & Hornswoggle vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger gained 225,000 viewers. The final
segment with Lesnar and Laurinaitis and Cena in at the end gained 873,000 viewers to a 3.83 quarter, built up because they
went 15 minutes past time and people didn’t tune out as they sometimes do for long overruns."
So honestly, does anybody really think these quarter hour ratings mean anything? Seriously, anyone?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bobby Heenan got shouted at backstage at Capitol Punishment last night. A top WWE official ripped into Bobby Heenan for about five minutes due to the way they didn’t sell the head bite from Gorilla Monsoon and Great Khali. Bobby Heenan was told that they are a piece of cocaine who doesn’t respect the business and will never amount to anything in WWE.

The originally planned local promoters for the now officially cancelled WWE Tulsa tour, NAMBLA, recently sent out a statement explaining why the tour was cancelled: "what the dicktits is that." It would appear that no hope but what we make for ourselves lead to the cancellation of the WWE Tulsa tour.

Sometimes it's a little weird...

EDIT: One last one.

Gorilla Monsoon says WWE is knocking on their door but they're staying put. When a fan asked Gorilla Monsoon if they would be showing up at WWE's Capitol Punishment, they replied:
'Nope! I'm Happy Where I Am. No Capitol Punishment for Me!!! WWE Is Knocking On My Door, But I Won't Answer."
Earlier in the week, Gorilla Monsoon told Brutus Beefcake:
'what the dicktits is that'
Gorilla Monsoon also wished Bobby Heenan much success in WWE, after making comments in the past about Bobby Heenan using the head bite.

Ian Rotten, along with several members of the IWA:MS roster, have threatened to invade Shane Douglas' ECW 'Extreme Reunion' this Saturday in Philly, after Douglas refused to allow 'ECW Original' Ian Rotten any form of involvement in the show. Rotten was quoted as saying "I made ECW, the Taipei Death Matches put that company on the map! After all I did for ECW, all I sacrificed, the fans want me there, but just like Paul Heyman, Shane Douglas puts his ego ahead of business". When questioned about his firing from ECW in 1995 over wage demands, before crying and begging Heyman for his job back in front of the whole locker room, Rotten stormed off to resume his shift at Taco Bell.

FallingEdge holds a meeting with Midnight GAF

FallingEdge reportedly held a meeting with NWA talents on Tuesday before CarnEvil, where he stressed that the Midnight GAF need to step up their games when it comes to telling stories in the ring. Apparently this is a common theme of FallingEdge's in meetings. It's said that the Midnight GAF on Tuesday weren't very receptive to the speech as they've heard it all before. G-Fex asked the Midnight GAF if anyone had questions and nobody did. It was noted that Professor Beef and sidekick SoulPlaya were the only two people not in attendance for the meeting.

Morale within NWA

Backstage morale is said to be very bad in NWA these days. Some of the wrestlers who NWA used at the set of tapings before CarnEvil who weren't regulars have been telling friends that they couldn't believe how bad morale is in the company.
The general consensus behind the scenes is that many of the \"top names\" in NWA from the early 2000's era are simply working for to collect paychecks with little regard for the longterm direction or health of the company.
Many of NWA's Midnight GAF are afraid that they are either entering or in the middle of their athletic primes with no sign of their careers going anywhere. Many NWA stars are weighing their options and considering jumping ship when their contracts expire, even those who have been with the company from the beginning.
The majority of NWA's Midnight GAF are completely fed up with G-Fex, Professor Beef and djsandman. The resentment towards G-Fex and Professor Beef is that they have all the sledgehammer necessary to bring real change to NWA, but haven't seemed to come up with any good ideas on their own. As for djsandman, the Midnight GAF has lost whatever confidence they had.
Most wrestlers on the roster will openly say that NWA should have hired SoulPlaya last year when they had the chance, because they wanted to focus the entire promotion on Midnight GAF.

Ultratech

This is hilarious...

Here's mine:
Hulk Hogan correction

Although previous reports noted that former WWF star Hulk Hogan worked this past weekend's Unforgiven, Vince McMahon reported on Twitter that Hulk Hogan did NOT in fact partner against them, but rather Stone Cold was Kurt Angle's partner for a tag match against Vince McMahon and Randy Orton.
Our live reporters mistook Hulk Hogan for Stone Cold.

And another using the same set of stuff:
WWF wants Stone Cold back

Stone Cold says WWF is knocking on their door but they're staying put. When a fan asked Stone Cold if they would be showing up at WWF's Unforgiven, they replied:
'Nope! I'm Happy Where I Am. No Unforgiven for Me!!! WWF Is Knocking On My Door, But I Won't Answer."
Earlier in the week, Stone Cold told Kurt Angle:
'You don't have what it takes to be in this business.'
Stone Cold also wished Vince McMahon much success in WWF, after making comments in the past about Vince McMahon using the backbreaker.

RBH

Heat on Hugh G. Rection

Hugh G. Rection got shouted at backstage at Raw last night. A top WWE official ripped into Hugh G. Rection for about five minutes due to the way they didn’t sell the body slam from
Mantaur and PN News. Hugh G. Rection was told that they are a piece of shit who doesn’t respect the business and will never amount to anything in WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heat on Hugh G. Rection

Hugh G. Rection got shouted at backstage at Raw last night. A top WWE official ripped into Hugh G. Rection for about five minutes due to the way they didn’t sell the body slam from
Mantaur and PN News. Hugh G. Rection was told that they are a piece of shit who doesn’t respect the business and will never amount to anything in WWE.

Goddamn PN News, you're killin me RBH :D

Top Bottom