• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

dream

you've lost me. Brock was money tonight. people are going to tune in to see who he stiffs with a real MMA strike next... not to see who the writers decide to go over.

Except Brock's significantly weaker now. He beat the shit out of Cena and Cena not only walked away, but won the fight. Plus, they actually had Brock cut a promo where he held the company up for more money. If that's not Vince getting his frustrations out at the expense of the product, I don't know what is.

A small group of Kane marks that doesn't know the difference between a good brother (Taker) and one who has nothing going for him (Cain).
who is this Taker guy? isn't he some old guy who shows up in a match about as often as Hacksaw Jim Duggan? Kane is an entertaining character who appears on TV multiple times a week and who is prepared to elevate other guys.

how many matches did Taker win in the last year?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
On the mark side of me, fuck Bryan losing, fuck Jericho losing, and fuck Lesnar losing.

On the more rational side of me:

- Bryan losing was the right call because he's over as fuck, and as long as he keeps chasing he's fine. Sheamus needs the title to stay over for at least a little while longer.
- Jericho loss means nothing, and if they're ending the feud here, then it's fine. I just think i would have enjoyed Punk chasing for a little bit, and a rubber match between those two is more than welcome. But, ok fine, I'm not that angry.
- Lesnar losing... I don't know wtf they're up to, especially if Cena really is leaving for a bit. It makes no sense. On the other hand, the match was perfect in the sense that even in a loss, Cena's win looks like a fluke and Brock came out looking like a monster.

Overall, what a great PPV, and what a difference it makes to have generally good booking, coupled with giving every match the time it needs to tell a story. Every single match, down to the Diva's match, was filled with good psychology, and good storytelling. Bryan and Sheamus put on one of the best matches I've seen all year, and Jericho/Punk managed to match them with a damned street fight match. And to top it all off, as I said earlier, even the questionable PPV finish was at least done correctly by making Cena look lucky, and making Brock look amazing.

Absolutely great PPV overall. I am jealous of the GAFfers who made it there.

Edit: I sure did use the word "match" a lot. matchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatchmatch

Except Brock's significantly weaker now. He beat the shit out of Cena and Cena not only walked away, but won the fight. Plus, they actually had Brock cut a promo where he held the company up for more money. If that's not Vince getting his frustrations out at the expense of the product, I don't know what is.
in whose eyes? honest question. people know the matches are scripted. most that don't thought their super hero Cena would win anyway. if Cena is storyline injured for months, he didn't 'walk away'.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also, you CAN NOT have Cena put over Brock because of the way they both treat the grind that comes with the business

Cena is loved by everyone in the locker room, because he puts up with the grind of the industry more than anyone else in the locker room. When he's filming movies for WWE studios, he's in the studio from like 5-11 AM, then gets on a plane to head to a few Make a Wish foundation kids and then to perform for house shows/RAW which take place in the late afternoon/evening, then he gets back on a plane at midnight to head back to the studios for movie shooting at 5, getting his sleep on the plane trips and in the brief hour/2 hour breaks he has between the plane trips and his filming/ wrestling events.

Everyone looks up to him because he's a workaholic and he sacrifices more time than anyone else in the company.

Meanwhile Brock's a guy who walked out on wrestling specifically because of the grind. Not to say he should be hated for it, it's just that as much as brock might enjoy wrestling, it's not worth that grind to him.

You can't have Brock go over Cena. It sends a bad message to all the guys who spend their time on the road away from their friends and family for the business.

Kaladin

Seriously, this. All the arm work at the start, leading up to Bryan submitting Sheamus, was very reminiscent of the American Dragon. I still think the first fall was incredibly dumb though.

Punk vs Jericho was good, but sloppy.

The main event was a lot of fun, but seriously fuck that ending - they could have at least redeemed themselves if Brock snapped and destroyed Cena after the match, but instead Cena does his best to brush off the beating he just took and then gives us a typical Cena promo to close the show. Lame.

I even liked the first fall. Bryan used to do that type of thing in ROH and it ended in ref stoppage, but in WWE it's a DQ.

Lesnar could have lost, though I don't like it at all, but he needed to go back in the ring and continue to beat the shit out of him walking out of the ring covered in Cenar blood with his music playing. Let him leave the ring strong, why wouldn't you want that?

Linkhero1

who is this Taker guy? isn't he some old guy who shows up in a match about as often as Hacksaw Jim Duggan? Kane is an entertaining character who appears on TV multiple times a week and who is prepared to elevate other guys.

how many matches did Taker win in the last year?

Hah Taker has done so much for this company. What does Kane have going for him? A feud with Borton? He should just retire already.

Actually he destroyed him once at WM20, WM14 actually ends with Kane beating down Taker after taking three tombstones like a champ.

But he's not a champ.

Yeah, you better run! You fucked up with this!

Yeah sure, whatever you say.

These LAW guys are a bit slow I think. They don't know that Cena's going to be gone now? They don't see the build AT ALL THAT THE ROCK DID LIKE 8 YEARS AGO? THAT CENA ARGUABLY DID?

At least they agree it was a great PPV.

Cena can put all the time in doing all those shitty WWE films, being a goody two shoes and a company man and whatever, it won't make his shitty one dimensional character and schtick any less shitty.

He was all like BORK PLS and it was the company that saved his ass. The shitty company that people stopped supporting because they were sick of Cena's shitty character in the first place.

So fuck the business, fuck Cena's work ethic, fuck the "grind". Brock should have gone over.

dream

in whose eyes? honest question. people know the matches are scripted. most that don't thought their super hero Cena would win anyway. if Cena is storyline injured for months, he didn't 'walk away'.

People know this wretched form of sports entertainment is fake, but there's still a collective suspension of disbelief required to enjoy it. Who's going to buy Brock as a monster heel now?

CcIxN.gif
T1hDM.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And to top it all off, as I said earlier, even the questionable PPV finish was at least done correctly by making Cena look lucky, and making Brock look amazing.

This is key - Brock should not be losing any steam from this, of course it depends on how he acts on Raw tomorrow. It all hinges on that. If they keep the writing up and keep his character focused, this could be excellent.

Also, you CAN NOT have Cena put over Brock because of the way they both treat the grind that comes with the business

Cena is loved by everyone in the locker room, because he puts up with the grind of the industry more than anyone else in the locker room. When he's filming movies for WWE studios, he's in the studio from like 5-11 AM, then gets on a plane to head to a few Make a Wish foundation kids and then to perform for house shows/RAW which take place in the late afternoon/evening, then he gets back on a plane at midnight to head back to the studios for movie shooting at 5, getting his sleep on the plane trips and in the brief hour/2 hour breaks he has between the plane trips and his filming/ wrestling events.

Everyone looks up to him because he's a workaholic and he sacrifices more time than anyone else in the company.

Meanwhile Brock's a guy who walked out on wrestling specifically because of the grind. Not to say he should be hated for it, it's just that as much as brock might enjoy wrestling, it's not worth that grind to him.

You can't have Brock go over Cena. It sends a bad message to all the guys who spend their time on the road away from their friends and family for the business.

The money is the worst message that's sent, and Brock going over Cena proves he's here to play ball and not just milk this for all it's work and be a jackhole. Cena accepting all these blood jobs shows how much faith he had as well. Good things all around.

remnant

Banned

But having the Rock go over Cena is okay with the guys in the back. The guy who changed his name and denied going back to wrestling for years?

People know this wretched form of sports entertainment is fake, but there's still a collective suspension of disbelief required to enjoy it. Who's going to buy Brock as a monster heel now?
... because he is a monster heel? You act like he somehow shrunk or he didn't just destroy Cena physically.

CENA WON ON A FLUKE AND BARELY WALKED OUT.

And that is exactly why Brock should have won. With the original NWO angle everyone thought Sting, Savage and Luger were going to beat the outsiders to show that WCW really was greater than WWF. Hall and Nash may have been big at WWF but they were inferior to the WCW roster. Instead they won the match, turned Hogan heel, and absolutely shat all over the WCW roster creating the greatest angle in the history of wrestling. Brock should have won, destroyed the entire roster and Cena should have returned with a different outlook and attitude ala Sting and saved WWE from the monster Brock Lesnar(still cant believe Bischoff let Hogan fuck this up). This would have elevated Cena to the fucking pantheon of wrestling. Instead they completely fucked it up in the first damn match. Lesnar could have drawn the hardcore audience with this kind of angle, but Vince has too much pride. Brock was UFC, so therefore Brock must lose. Absolute fucking ignorant on so many levels.

That smells like Hogan booked it himself.

I'm guessing you missed the part when a movie star pinned Cena clean at Mania

Atleast we know Lord Tensai is better than Brock because he's a wrestler and not a mma fighter. He can beat Cena because he never did MMA. Thanks Vince.

Dead Man

I think you have to reward things other than work ethic too. You have to have a coherent story. You have to keep people interested. Work ethic is not the only thing that matters.

somedevil

Great pay per view but I don't like the ending of the Brock and Lesnar match. Lesnar should of won. He dominated the match, but loss in a fluke.

I got watch Monday but man they could of made Lesnar so much more.

anyone that saw the match tonight where he beat Cena up so badly they had to stop the match multiple times to glue him back together. who saw where he had Cena pinned for a ten count. who saw where he messed up Cena's arm and sidelined him for months.

those people.

I will say though, I have a newfound respect for Wrassle-GAFs ability to stomach absolutely horrible Sports Entertainment on a weekly basis.

Some of us supplement it with puroresu and indy wrestling. Suffice to say, the world of pro wrestling makes Vince's horrible sports entertainment easier to swallow.

dream said:

Exactly. The quality of the builds and the outcome of the matches, and how that reflects on the participants in storyline terms, is directly proportional to the number of fucks I give about the product.

You guys make my head hurt...lol

So lets say Brock wins...then what?

This ending leaves a clear opening to a big rematch. Brock FUCKED him up, Cena will "take time off"and Brock wants his rematch. Brock is not coming to every RAW and PPV, it would have been pointless to make him the man right now. A good chunk of his dates are probably from Jan to WM29 anyways.

Linkhero1

Word?

http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Kane-defeated-The-Undertaker8.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]
Really?

Kane's a loser. He has done nothing worthwhile. He's going to continue on this path until WWE forces him to retire. Either that or he'll enter the Hall of Pain.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These LAW guys are a bit slow I think. They don't know that Cena's going to be gone now? They don't see the build AT ALL THAT THE ROCK DID LIKE 8 YEARS AGO? THAT CENA ARGUABLY DID?

At least they agree it was a great PPV.

I didn't get where Cena was going by talking about going away either. I'm slow too! :(

Hah Taker has done so much for this company. What does Kane have going for him? A feud with Borton? He should just retire already.

But he's not a champ.

Yeah sure, whatever you say.

This guy, he's embracing the hate like no one else!

Well i'm turning in, i'm still smirking Cena style from this ppv's finish

Who the fuck cares about Brock now? We know he can't beat Cena. Who gives a shit if he beats Orton? Orton jobbed to fucking Kane and Cody Rhodes. Also Ziggler jobbed to Funkasaurus.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing you missed the part when a movie star pinned Cena clean at Mania

Yeah, but that asshole wasn't looking to make friends in the back, nor did he have a contract to do much more work with the WWE. He can afford to burn bridges much more than Lesnar.

Atleast we know Lord Tensai is better than Brock because he's a wrestler and not a mma fighter. He can beat Cena because he never did MMA. Thanks Vince.

Actually at this point I think it's a safe bet to say Lord Tensai would be favored in a match between himself and Alistair Overeem.

RBH

I didn't see the PPV tonight, but I immediately skipped ahead to read the ending of Lesnar/Cena, and I'm pretty baffled right now going by what I read.

You guys make my head hurt...lol

So lets say Brock wins...then what?

This ending leaves a clear opening to a big rematch. Brock FUCKED him up, Cena will "take time off"and Brock wants his rematch. Brock is not coming to every RAW and PPV, it would have been pointless to make him the man right now. A good chunk of his dates are probably from Jan to WM29 anyways.

Brock destroys Cena tonight and he is the clear alpha dog. He dominates several other big names (Orton, Punk, etc) until you either have him feud with a returning Cena, Rock or Undertaker. The way things are now, he's just another guy who came close to beating Cena, but couldn't get the job done.

I didn't get where Cena was going by talking about going away either. I'm slow too! :(
Arm is fucked up.
He might be shooting Marine 3
Insinuated he might be fired tomorrow

Any can be spun that he's going away. Take your pick, although his arm being fucked up is better for the storyline.

Linkhero1

I like you Link, you hate Kane. You're doing what's right! Hating!

You're getting me all wrong. I don't hate anyone. I just dislike the fact that you guys praise him like he's the best thing to ever happen. Hell, I enjoy some of his matches, but what you guys are doing is annoying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Arm is fucked up.
He might be shooting Marine 3
Insinuated he might be fired tomorrow

Any can be spun that he's going away. Take your pick, although his arm being fucked up is better for the storyline.

It all makes sense now.

This ending leaves a clear opening to a big rematch. Brock FUCKED him up, Cena will "take time off"and Brock wants his rematch.

It would have worked the same either way - Brock puts Cena on the shelf, tears it up for a few months, maybe wins the belt, then Cena returns out for revenge and his rematch.

Top Bottom