• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Kaladin

Enjoy the gig, that's a hell of a line-up! I think out of all 3 of those shows, the matches I'm most anticipating are Finlay vs Davis & Finlay vs Strong (both of which should be utter wars) and Callihan vs Generico. I fear for Davey vs Steen - something tells me they're going to drag this out to Final Battle. I know I'm usually in favour of long-term booking, but I've had enough of Davey with the belt.

That ROH poster makes me want Finlay vs Elgin btw.

I'm saying anyone. Brock left. I wouldn't want The Miz jobbing to Brock, and I don't even want Miz in the WWE. Brock winning is the equivalent of a guest GM winning to me. He's not here for the long run, and he's not going to put anyone young over, so I'd rather he just sit on the bench and go pork his old woman.

Brock is going to be there for much longer then Rock was and he went over Cena clean at Mania

I look at it this way: Vince has about 11 months left to put together something meaningful and put over his core roster before Brock goes back to shooting vermin with a .50 caliber rifle.

Why not have Brock go on a shoot style streak destroying the roster, forcing them to rally together against a common enemy and defend the 'sport'? John Cena leads the way, possibly putting him over with you smarks.

Is it that hard? Suspend disbelief. Busting Cena's lip was a good start. Not knowing what's real and what's fake is compelling wrestling.
That is, again, why Lesnar should have gone over. Take out the top gun and beat the hell out of everyone. Top gun comes back for redemption and to save WWE and everyone makes money. Even if Lesnar destroys everyone like you suggest he still is inferior to Cena, Cena trumps all. Proper monsters are trumped by no one until the time is right, make it a huge deal that Cena saved WWE and truly overcame the odds. Now, Lesnar can only be strong because Cena is gone, he isnt truly a monster cause he couldnt beat the top guy. Cena going over made no sense, Brock isnt elevated, No big money blowoff match, and it is still all about Cena and no one else. Could you imagine Cena being taken out after a one sided loss, Brock running wild, all hope is lost, Cena comes back and challenges Brock to a HIAC match for all the marbles. That is how you print money. Instead Brock will ask for private planes, be an ass kicker who dosent win, and Cena will be the focus even when he isnt on the fucking show. Supid fucking booking!

Finlay getting fired from the WWE for actually being creative seems to have been one of the better things to happen to him.

Yeah, he's in a lot of demand on the indies and in Japan at the moment and has been having some seriously great matches. I really enjoyed his trilogy against Sami Callihan in EVOLVE & wXw, well worth checking out if you haven't seen them.

djsandman said:
That ROH poster makes me want Finlay vs Elgin btw.

Oh man, I would love to see that - hopefully they book it for Best in the World 2012.

ibdgvfZNbaiI9D.jpg
Benjamin? Haas? Rhyno? Finlay? Storm? This ROH or TNA with all these old guys?

krae_man

... because he is a monster heel? You act like he somehow shrunk or he didn't just destroy Cena physically.

CENA WON ON A FLUKE AND BARELY WALKED OUT.

Umaga roll up was a fluke, This was Cena winning the way he normally wins.

It would have worked the same either way - Brock puts Cena on the shelf, tears it up for a few months, maybe wins the belt, then Cena returns out for revenge and his rematch.

Revenge for the match he won.

With his hilarious intro, complete with dancers and a great song, this guy has all of the ingredients to become a star. Oh yeah, he seems to be an outstanding wrestler as well. The sky is the limit for Clay, and expect him to keep on punishing anybody that stands in his way.

Rhodes was clearly the better wrestler, and his stock is beginning to rise. Not as fast as Clay’s, but there is progress nonetheless.

Hit me with a fist chain now.

You guys make it seem like it was when Cena buried the nexus at SS. Seriously it wasn't that bad. He lost with a right hook with a chain wrapped around it and a FU on the steel steps, How the fuck does that make him look weak and less of a monster? lol This discussion is pointless anyways till we see what happens tomorrow.

Benjamin? Haas? Rhyno? Finlay? Storm? This ROH or TNA with all these old guys?

The difference is subtle, I'll grant you, but largely it becomes apparent when you realise Storm & Finlay can still go and could still wrestle rings around TNA's old guys.

Rhyno...eh. At least he's not a regular.

punching a guy flying through the air with a rolled-up padlock chain is nothing now?

ffs.

not any old guy either. i guess people don't understand that all of Brocks force would translate into that punch just the same as someone shooting in for a take down in MMA is more likely to get knocked out by a knee than someone not shooting in.

Brock's whole weight would be behind that impact if it really happened.

These are the good old guys....except for Rhyno.

The difference is subtle, I'll grant you, but largely it becomes apparent when you realise Storm & Finlay can still go and could still wrestle rings around TNA's old guys.

Rhyno...eh. At least he's not a regular.
I was just joking. I have no problem with veterans at all if they can still go. In fact, I think ROH needs to bring in guys like this more often, but I'm probably in the minority of that opinion.

somedevil

Meltzer is saying he hasn't heard anything wrong with Lesnar's contract. This is just the finish they wanted to do. LOL WWE.

I have a question for you. What if they do a rematch tommorrow and Brock destroys Cena and he is stretchered off to shoot Marine 3 how much better would it be for you?

You guys make it seem like it was when Cena buried the nexus at SS. Seriously it wasn't that bad. He lost with a right hook with a chain wrapped around it and a FU on the steel steps, How the fuck does that make him look weak and less of a monster? lol This discussion is pointless anyways till we see what happens tomorrow.

The fact that he walked away after the match like oh shucks that sucks instead of beating Cena unmercifully with said chain made no sense. If Brock doesn't care about winning and it's a fluke he should have taken it out on him right then. He's a monster (one that flew over the ropes like a maniac and landed incredibly as hell), he doesn't need to lick a single wound to come back at him at a future time.

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPP

JUSTIFYING

THIS

GARBAGE

STTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPP

ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I'm done. I've had my fill of being a masochist. This was the straw that nuked the camel from Earth.

You people.

YOU PEOPLE.

THIS GOTDAMN COMPANY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw

The fact that he walked away after the match like oh shucks that sucks instead of beating Cena unmercifully with said chain made no sense. If Brock doesn't care about winning and it's a fluke he should have taken it out on him right then. He's a monster (one that flew over the ropes like a maniac and landed incredibly as hell), he doesn't need to lick a single wound to come back at him at a future time.

that i will agree with. sadly Cena needed to have his goodbye speech and no one was going to stop him.

I have a question for you. What if they do a rematch tommorrow and Brock destroys Cena and he is stretchered off to shoot Marine 3 how much better would it be for you?

What would be the point of doing that tomorrow night after he already lost tonight? He should've done that tonight if it was the plan. There is no way whatsoever you can tell me that finish was a good idea unless you are trying to tell people wrestlers are better than mma fighters. It's just for McMahon to make himself feel good. It's ridiculous.

It's no better, the shine is off Brock now that Cena already beat him. At that point your basically trying to book backwards in the hope of building Brock back to where he was before he lost tonight, and that's not smart booking.

I look at it this way: Vince has about 11 months left to put together something meaningful and put over his core roster before Brock goes back to shooting vermin with a .50 caliber rifle.

Why not have Brock go on a shoot style streak destroying the roster, forcing them to rally together against a common enemy and defend the 'sport'? John Cena leads the way, possibly putting him over with you smarks.

Is it that hard? Suspend disbelief. Busting Cena's lip was a good start. Not knowing what's real and what's fake is compelling wrestling.

For us? No, it isn't. But for the writers and bookers and agents and Vince, it is. They did it right once last summer and got halfway there this time.

Heel

I invite you all to come critique the worst MMA has to offer next weekend.

There is an event called Super Fight League in India in which wrestling superstar Bobby Lashley will be fighting mixed martial can James "The guy who's ear exploded against Kimbo Slice" Thompson.

You guys have no idea what "so bad it's good" actually is.

Kaladin

I'm still laughing at Cole saying the WWE Championship was over 50 years old tonight. WWE.com's own records say that it turned 49 this past week.

somedevil

What would be the point of doing that tomorrow night after he already lost tonight? He should've done that tonight if it was the plan. There is no way whatsoever you can tell me that finish was a good idea unless you are trying to tell people wrestlers are better than mma fighters. It's just for McMahon to make himself feel good. It's ridiculous.

I hated the finish too. I wanted Cena to lose too. Lesnar lost something when got beat but I think them doing that finish tommorrow they can regain some of what he lost when Cena beat him.

This Company just overthinks itself because of the internet fan. Everybody think Lesnar is going to win so they make Cena win. Meltzer said Kharma was scheduled to come out but they change it because everyone expected it. Sometimes its better to do the obvious.

ghostmind

Cena's little speech at the end made even less sense, in that I can't think of anything that could be accomplished by it. Maybe if it had been done off-camera, as a "wink and a nod" to the live crowd that Brock was going to annihilate him on RAW tomorrow, putting him on the shelf for a while. But announcing to the entire PPV audience that conveniently he is going on a vacation now (that is being forced on him) that had never been mentioned before and makes his beatdown by Brock seem utterly pointless MAKES NO SENSE!

I invite you all to come critique the worst MMA has to offer next weekend.

There is an event called Super Fight League in India in which wrestling superstar Bobby Lashley will be fighting mixed martial can James "The guy who's ear exploded against Kimbo Slice" Thompson.

You guys have no idea what "so bad it's good" actually is.
I'll try my best to check it out. Thanks to you and the MMA guys stopping by during this event.

Vega

WWE fucked this up already. Brock totally looked like a badass monster. For the first time, in a while, wwe has a believable monster.... And they had him lose in his first match back. Brodus Clay hasn't even lost yet!

They should have had Brock completely destroy Cena and get the win. Then every month have a top WWE main eventer ( Punk, Orton, Jericho, Triple H, Sheamus, etc) get crushed in a PPV match.

Then

A.) Have Cena challenge Brock to a rematch at WM. Cena goes over and does the unthinkable.

B.) Undertaker Vs. Brock at WM. Taker wins and goes out with the biggest win of his career.

It was so easy to book Brock's return. But I shouldn't be surprised Vince fucked this up. He always does.

Ask Punk how awesome his 2 WEEK absence was.

In this scenario Brock can only beat an injured Cena. Still not a great building block for Brock but better than nothing. Brock still looks second rate to wrestling Jesus john cena and the fans will know it. Brock whipping ass, and winning clean was the right answer. Hell Cena had already "lost his focus" so Cole and lawler could blow cena using that for a few months. Instead the monster brock leasnar wasnt good enough to pin an unfocused, down on his luck Cena. The same cena who lost to a guy who hasnt competed in 8 years. Also the green mist of Lord Tensai is now more devastating than a collossal beating by a former UFC heavyweight champion. They put over the green fucking mist and not Brock Lesnar.

Heel

I'll try my best to check it out. Thanks to you and the MMA guys stopping by during this event.

Please put up the Sports Entertainment bat signal when there's quality wrestling on the horizon, friends.

There will be a free archive of that on their YouTube channel to enjoy. And by enjoy, I mean watch the train wreck, which seems to be one and the same around these parts.

Until next time.

Linkhero1

WWE fucked this up already. Brock totally looked like a badass monster. For the first time, in a while, wwe has a believable monster.... And they had him lose in his first match back. Brodus Clay hasn't even lost yet!

They should have had Brock completely destroy Cena and get the win. Then every month have a top WWE main eventer ( Punk, Orton, Jericho, Triple H, Sheamus, etc) get crushed in a PPV match.

Then

A.) Have Cena challenge Brock to a rematch at WM. Cena goes over and does the unthinkable.

B.) Undertaker Vs. Brock at WM. Taker wins and goes out with the biggest win of his career.

It was so easy to book Brock's return. But I shouldn't be surprised Vince fucked this up. He always does.

Ask Punk how awesome his 2 WEEK absence was.
I agree. Would have been awesome if they booked it so in the end it will be A or B.

Top Bottom