• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ARCHIVE UP] The Giant Bomb "We've Got A Wii U" Live Stream

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
imV8s.png

laughing-smiley-016.gif

StuBurns

Banned
Oh cool, if you want to move your account you have to delete it.

Perfect.
It's actually fine for GB, because Patrick can keep the office unit, which has his eShop purchases, Brad can delete his account and make it on his new system, and all is right with the world.

Randdalf

Boxed third party support is going to be weak, I think that's going to be the case, even though Nintendo is trying its hardest to get third parties. The console's hidden strength will be its lineup of indie downloadable titles, if the system is as good as developers have said it is.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This game is exceedingly Japanese.

Not at all... It's exceedingly "what a western developer thinks a 'wacky jappy' platformer should look like." It comes off as kind of disingenuous and offensive, honestly. I'm not a fan of the stereotypical "anime" look, but I hate it even more when a western dev tries to copy that look and doesn't even do a great job.

Zaph

You can get a pretty killer graphics card for the price of a Pro Console+Game. At most, a GTX 670 or a Radeon 7970.
Yeah, I'm after a 670. My current card is really struggling to push out 2560 x 1440 even on medium settings. Was going to wait until the new year, but not so sure now.

Not at all... It's exceedingly "what a western developer thinks a 'wacky jappy' platformer should look like." It comes off as kind of disingenuous and offensive, honestly. I'm not a fan of the stereotypical "anime" look, but I hate it even more when a western dev tries to copy that look and doesn't even do a great job.

Looks like a western developers version of dominion tank police to me.

Alex

Boxed third party support is going to be weak, I think that's going to be the case, even though Nintendo is trying its hardest to get third parties. The console's hidden strength will be its lineup of indie downloadable titles, if the system is as good as developers have said it is.

I'm hoping Nintendo gets in there and supports their own eShop some more things like Pushmo. Didn't Miyamoto say he wanted to make smaller games? Well now is the time.

I could see Wii-U getting a lot more multiplatform versions of things than the Wii of the really good third party indie fare, but with that market how it is I sincerely doubt just about anyone is going to be making any thing exclusive for it, it's so PC centric and even the ground for XBLA specific stuff is crumbling.

If they're more open though and with free patches and the like (ESRB ratings are now free or something as well for digital, right?) I suppose a lot more niche studios could get on there. Although I believe Nintendo did say they weren't really after the support of the niche, garage styled indie studios, which is a massive shame because there ain't a lot of games this year better than Hotline Miami or FTL.

Top Bottom