• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ARCHIVE UP] The Giant Bomb "We've Got A Wii U" Live Stream

Haunted

The whole thing just seems so "user unfriendly". It's pretty much what you'd expect from a videogames-only company stepping into this new age of set top box type gaming/entertainment. Nintendo seemed ill prepared. They should have hired some outsiders from Google or Apple or something to design the OS.
Seriously.

Nintendo needs to step outside their little bubble. Their UI and UX is so backwards across devices and in many of their games.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's insane.

it's also a real shame, because I truly think Nintendo is bar none the best at making video games. Unfortunately, they are fucking up literally everything else about this launch.

HRL2a.jpg

Was able to watch this last night and...

+ Wii U Chat seemed cool
+ Tekken was easily the best game shown
+ BLOPS2 looked good (button layout can easily be changed so it's not a issue for ps360 owners)
+ Some games were priced at $49.99. Sonic Racing is only $39.99

- OS seemed slow (should be fixed in the future though)
- Too many updates
- Eshop games were lackluster & expensive imo. Chasing Aurora for $15?
- Almost all games didn't benefit from the game-pad screen
- BLOPS2 only had about 350 players playing team death-match online. Game just came out but that's still bad.
- Overall just didn't see anything that looked next gen

MYE

It's insane.

it's also a real shame, because I truly think Nintendo is bar none the best at making video games. Unfortunately, they are fucking up literally everything else about this launch.

I hope the US was the guinea pig for the upcoming, perfectly smooth EURO release

LCfiner

Yeah, the stream did nothing to make me think that the tablet screen is enough of a change to be considered a "next gen" system. In terms of horsepower, I never had any fantasies that this would be more impressive than the current HD consoles.

Best use of the touchscreen I've seen was in ZombiU with the backpack where they're going for a very deliberate use of inventory management to increase tension and promote pre-planning before combat.

But that's honestly not the type of game that I'm personally interested in playing. But at least I see how the deliberate inventory management is tied into the atmosphere of the game.

That said, I can see myself getting one in a couple years when there's a half dozen Nintendo exclusives and the system is around 250.

Randdalf

That right there is the most worrying issue of the system.

I don't find it that worrying, because a large majority of the games they showed were ports of existing games on other systems and the GamePad interactivity had to be shoehorned in, post-original-release, rather than developed alongside the original game. I don't think third party use of the GamePad is going to get much better though. A lot of them simply seem apathetic towards the WiiU with the carelessness they've shown in porting some of these games over.

These guys seem like a bunch of cynical basement dwelling assholes.

Don't give a shit about Wii U. I'm happy with my XBox 360 version of the game although I haven't played it much. Framerate looks pretty bad.

I'm sorry I don't have much to contribute. I just... I just hate these people.

Majine

Banned

Don't give a shit about Wii U. I'm happy with my XBox 360 version of the game although I haven't played it much. Framerate looks pretty bad.

Wow. There really is opposition to anything.

Santiako

2230765-vax4kdyw97.gif

vinny_disgusted20rbs.gif

Well that's not very nice.

Your loss.

Isn't Brad the only one that hasn't purchased a WiiU at this point now?

Yep.

They are on the second floor at least,

They just moved out of the basement.

iUbxAmf84tMYH.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's a weird thing to post in this thread.

At least post it in the general giantbomb thread to get the maximum rage.

it's a new generation of consoles alright.

MYE

Vinny is the best thing about Giantbomb.
Him and Patrick at least seem to enjoy what they do and try to keep things interesting for their viewers and themselves.

Jeff, Ryan and Brad are okay but more annoying than helpfull most of the time. Jeff being the worst with his joy-sucking indifference towards everything.

edit:

HRL2a.jpg

Yup, this pic sums it up nicely.

ienfvbvwl4xti.gif

SmithnCo

They do a pretty damn good job of explaining why they're cynical on the latest Bombcast.

They do a pretty damn good job of explaining why they're cynical on the latest Bombcast.

Honestly, I haven't watched any of their other stuff.

HRL2a.jpg

Like the last guy said... this pic sums up my position. Which I admit is based on limited knowledge of their content. They just seem like bitter joy sucking cynical nerds. The types of nerds who hate everything.

Not to say there isn't a lot to hate about this port. I just know that type of gamer and I generally can't tolerate being in their company.

They just seem like bitter joy sucking cynical nerds. The types of nerds who hate everything.
Because the WiiU never gave them any kind of problems and every game was on par or better with the original versions.

I don't want to speak on behalf of everyone else, but I know I only like getting game media from people who absolutely despise everything they put their hands on. If there isn't venom dripping from their teeth towards the content of the disc they insert into their console of choice, I see no reason in watching it. Enjoying what you do is for the birds.

Zabka

HRL2a.jpg

Like the last guy said... this pic sums up my position. Which I admit is based on limited knowledge of their content. They just seem like bitter joy sucking cynical nerds. The types of nerds who hate everything.

Not to say there isn't a lot to hate about this port. I just know that type of gamer and I generally can't tolerate being in their company.

You know nothing.

OMG Aero

HRL2a.jpg

So you haven't watched any of their other stuff but watch one of their streams where pretty much everything possible goes wrong, they are first hand fucked over by Nintendo being Nintendo at the internet, play a ton of poor third party ports and then you say they are "bitter joy sucking cynical nerds"? Were you expecting them to be all joyful and excited?

I don't think I've seen any of your posts outside of the ones in this thread so I could do the exact same thing you are doing and make a probably incorrect assumption that you are a bitter joy sucking cynical nerd just from the posts I have seen.

Zaph

[IMG ]http://i.imgur.com/HRL2a.jpg?1[/IMG]

If a brand new console comes out from one of the biggest players in the game (consoles aren't like phones, there isn't a new one every 6 months) and it's fucking amateur hour with a bunch of janky shit that wouldn't even fly 5 years ago, let alone now, Giant Bomb respects their audience enough to let us know exactly how they feel without reservation.

If that's not for you, there are dozens of IGN-style hype machines out there who will gush over the latest thing and make you feel better about liking the things you like. Giant Bomb does not need to add to that.

If they're not vocal when something disappoints them, how valuable is their praise when something is good?

Top Bottom