• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ARCHIVE UP] The Giant Bomb "We've Got A Wii U" Live Stream

13532838908421eiif.png

braves01

Banned
damn two solid lock-ups, and all the other shit going on.

I got mine (won't arrive till Wednesday) and I'm excited for NSMB U, but what a horrible launch.

Izick

Remember, this is allegedly what they said the Wii U version of Trine 2 looks like:

qoz8a.jpg

Curious to see what it actually looks like.

It's been a long time since I've experienced a console launch. Is this shitter than average or what

The 360 was kind of just boring. This...this is kind of shitty.

MicH

The Wii U OS really seems a bit rough around the edges :/ Looong load times, multiple hardlocks, inconsistency between adding friends (you can make requests through MiiVerse, but not the Friendlist? the fuck?) and not to mention not being able to use NNIDs on other Wii Us.. ridiculous!

All the wonder of owning a Wii U, none of the crushing disappointment and inflated costs. This stream is awesome.

haha i was thinking the same thing. I am enjoying this almost the same as if I had the console myself tbh as there is not one game at launch that I consider essential for me to go out and fork 400 euros for (when it launches here)

Izick

The dumbest shit to me is that the Pro controller isn't the standard controller for everything (as like secondary controllers to the pad that is).

braves01

Banned
Was this part of Nintendo's strategy? Make U.S. users beta test since success was less likely in the West anyways so the kinks are worked out for Japan's launch?

StuBurns

Banned
haha i was thinking the same thing. I am enjoying this almost the same as if I had the console myself tbh as there is not one game at launch that I consider essential for me to go out and fork 400 euros for (when it launches here)
Indeed.

I should say for the Americans in here, because I believed it's nicely priced over there, here the Premium Pack with NintendoLand is £300, a 250GB 360S with Skyrim, Halo 4, and FZ4 is currently £200.

Patryn

Was this part of Nintendo's strategy? Make U.S. users beta test since success was less likely in the West anyways so the kinks are worked out for Japan's launch?

I think it's just that Nintendo hasn't really done and doesn't really know how to handle a modern online-connected service-driven system.

Top Bottom