• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ARCHIVE UP] The Giant Bomb "We've Got A Wii U" Live Stream

Oh man.
They literally emulated the Wii to get to legacy Wii channels and shop stuff.
The hell?

To top if off, the fact that you can't just transfer old VC games to Wii U, instead you have to enable Wii mode everytime you want to play VC games. What trash. Nintendo needs to hire some OS designers bad and overhaul this crap.

it's a total disgrace...freaking incompetence..
i understand that the wii stuff much be separated to prevent hacking and stuff but this is badly done ...

To top if off, the fact that you can't just transfer old VC games to Wii U, instead you have to enable Wii mode everytime you want to play VC games. What trash. Nintendo needs to hire some OS designers bad and overhaul this crap.

Nintendo desperately needs to fix the OS. I'm hoping if I wait a while the next generation of systems will have a more complete OS that isn't completely terrible. Nintendo's got a long way to go to compete with the fluidity of the Playstation and 360 systems.

Holy christ what happened to Donald's eye

a.baa-Dolan-Pls.jpg

How the fuck?

I can understand Wii games (not really), but why have they not developed a VC infrastructure to easily transition to this new console?

Is there a VC component of the eShop at the moment?

Squire

Banned
You can totally see why they never talked about any of this stuff even when people asked.

It seems so half-assed.

Oh, definitely. Never discussing it was worrying. Embargo-ing the press and then not rolling out the OS until literally right before launch was downright shady. None of this surprises me.

How the fuck?

I can understand Wii games (not really), but why have they not developed a VC infrastructure to easily transition to this new console?

Is there a VC component of the eShop at the moment?

Didn't see one when they were showing it off earlier.

I love the hoops they have to jump through to keep Mickey's ears properly silhouetted when the camera moves around him. Actually kind of cool.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
WiiU fucking screwed up with the damn ports, man.

Nintendo is remarkable for never ever having things leak, but jesus christ maybe they should start bringing third parties in earlier if that's going to be the result.

Top Bottom