• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are spiders scared of people?

Note: Enter threads about spiders only with active image blocker extension.

People often like to say "oh it's more scared of you than you are of it" but like...I doubt most spiders give a shit until something actively tries to murder them.
I also doubt they are even capable of having anxiety disorders which is what arachnophobia is.

Raxus

I am no scared...

UZ9ZGp0f7twyvL9V-5nInVYybfv5zNzsx4hlydltRPvovnbKf6L53-k-0M-pg3hrAe25bLun8YUJYjzuNa60HVHNQF27byG_D7iFwJuXJh_KO6uPjorXsw=w420-h236-p-rw

1nmfFlA.gif

b-b-b-baka!

You guys do not realize that we are gifted just by being humans. We are absolute predators, we do not even have any enemies. So, maybe there are spiders watching us and thinking someday we will beat them down...

Lucumo

I noticed a spider in the periphery of my vision and decided to look at it. Not so coincidentally, when we locked eyes, it scrabbled to a corner of the window just outside my vision.

Another day, I saw a spider slowly crawl along the window sill. When we locked eyes, it scrabbled at mach speeds and fell off the ledge into the baseboard in its desperate attempts to escape my gaze.

Are... are they scared of us?

Nah, they are just waiting to crawl into your mouth when you are sleeping.

Creepy

I dunno, probably not.. there's loads of them in my house, there's a couple on my wall looking at me right now...

I'm always finding them in bed with me, I don't really mind though, makes me feel loved.

I guess if you're peaceful toward them they can sense it...

Zips

It's possible. Fear is a pretty primal thing, studies using fruit flies have shown that they can exhibit behavior that seem to show that they feel fear or anger.

I am convinced spiders can get angry.

I once saw a line of three baby ones going along together, killed two of them, but the third escaped. The rest of the night I would periodically see a wisp of light in front of me as I watched TV, and upon following it with my eyes would see it were a strand of web the spider had shot in my direction and was using to crawl towards me. I would knock it away but it would just try again later, until I eventually managed to kill it too...I think.

He wanted vengeance for his baby bros.

Top Bottom