• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARK: Survival Evolved Trailer (UE4, Dinosaur Island Survival, Beta Signup, MORPHEUS!)

Woo-Fu

Banned
I found this canyon in the interior, absolutely chock full of metal-bearing rock outcrops. It is also chock full of some nasty predators. In any case, start exploring inwards whenever you get bored on the coast, there is a lot to see, do, find, and run away from. I think I might have wasted a lot of time building a house in the first big forest off the coast. Should have gone deeper.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
PvE servers are way better in this game. The penalty for getting killed are way too high when so many things can easily kill you.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
I decided to give this a spin in the Oculus Rift DK2 tonight and I'm pleasantly surprised. I'd first note that I have very good VR legs from participating in both DK1 and DK2 so nothing really makes me sick.

Despite the performance issues this is actually a very cool VR experience. The inventory needs edge-peek enabled but otherwise it is one of the few games where the menus were actually enabled for VR use.

Once VR HMD is enabled the devs have had enough thoughfulness to change the experience a bit. The UI disappears from view and the arm models are different. Though the arm models aren't quite right to scale.

For about 5 minutes I just followed a brontosaurus around in awe watching how massive it looked in VR.

I will absolutely be playing this more in VR.

kcxiv

Liking the game so far, but im not sure how much replay value is in this game once i hit max level. there are no premade anything in this game but hills and tree's. So far from what i have played and seen (which isnt that much) there is no real loot out there, you have to craft everything.

So for right now, im good with the game, but im not sure if there is going to be much to keep me around after a month or so. It could change we will see.

Sephon

I decided to give this a spin in the Oculus Rift DK2 tonight and I'm pleasantly surprised. I'd first note that I have very good VR legs from participating in both DK1 and DK2 so nothing really makes me sick.

Despite the performance issues this is actually a very cool VR experience. The inventory needs edge-peek enabled but otherwise it is one of the few games where the menus were actually enabled for VR use.

Once VR HMD is enabled the devs have had enough thoughfulness to change the experience a bit. The UI disappears from view and the arm models are different. Though the arm models aren't quite right to scale.

For about 5 minutes I just followed a brontosaurus around in awe watching how massive it looked in VR.

I will absolutely be playing this more in VR.

I'm interested in this, but don't want to play this with an FPS below 60. What kind of framerate did you get?

The server is called "NeoGAF Unofficial ARK Server". You'll have to find it using the Steam server browser and then to easily find it again add it to your favorites. I'm going to hide the password in this post for now and see how it does.

if you quote this post you will be able to see the password. Please be patient with this server as I have never owned a server before and done any of the heavy lifting!

edit - and good timing, just like that I have to update it. It should be up in 20 minutes or so!

edit2- and it's up again, enjoy!

I should be on the server tomorrow, thanks for making it!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Having an issue.

After I died, the game crash and I log back into the server and can't respawn?

Any assistance?

Top Bottom