• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armband-wearing Nazi roams Seattle instigating, gets KOed, removes armband and leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireflame

One issue might be people starting to imitate this and possibly committing mistakes, or people building up false accusations about someone an dpeople believing it. Not to mention that the guy could have been armed with a knife/gun. Now this wont happen but imagine if things escalated.

EVO

Dude probably deserves a beating but I don't like to see anyone get dropped like that. We call that a coward punch over here.

Caj814

42q57CB.gif

Skyr

Excellent. If it's a clear cut case like we see here I support this!

If you wear a swastika armband you are a neo-nazi and deserve to be treated as such.

No more evidence needed!

Like I wish every actual neo-nazi would have the balls to wear this.
Go ahead and show flag for youre believes. And then deal with the consequences!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Mob justice and you have people in here praising it wtf am I seeing?
He's a nazi. They did this:
maxresdefault.jpg

this guy was harassing people and very much would like to do the above considering he's wearing their symbols. Fuck him.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
When I read all this pearl clutching about "vigilantism" I can't help but interpret it as "if you see something, say nothing."

Fucking weak. Dude is walking around a major metropolitan area with a swastika on his arm. People use social media to raise awareness, a rando knocks the shit out of the white supremacist and lames use this as an opportunity to signal boost right wing talking points.

Fucking. Pathetic.

Mob justice and you have people in here praising it wtf am I seeing?

In b4 people call me a "nazi-sympathizer"

Mob: "A large crowd of people, especially one that is disorderly and intent on causing trouble or violence."

If you have to exaggerate what happened in order to make it sound bad... IT'S NOT BAD.

This is sick, and the people supporting this are sick.
And you all wonder why the "both sides have extremists" narrative exists.

The "both sides" narrative exists for the same reason the "vaccines are dangerous!" or "the earth is flat!" narratives exist, because there are enough fucking idiots to push it and buy into it. It has no actual merit.

jfkgoblue

You could at least try and complain a bit about the armband.
Yeah he's a shithead but this mob mentality plays into their narrative.
Mob: "A large crowd of people, especially one that is disorderly and intent on causing trouble or violence."

If you have to exaggerate what happened in order to make it sound bad... IT'S NOT BAD.
It is mob justice, just because it happened on twitter doesn't make it not.

Maddness

I don't get why there are some people upset with this? This fine gentleman was just trying to help this Nazi piece of shit find some common ground between them and now he's laying on that common ground.

I am surprised he wasn't punched on the bus. I am also surprised that there are people saying violence isn't the answer. If you are an asshole expect to be treated like one. If you wear or associate with rascist hateful symbols prepare to be treated like an asshole.

Bömb

Isn’t it great that rejects like him get to advertise their idiocy?

Free speech works.

Hm, I get what you're saying. But imagine being a Jewish person or any minority seeing him walking around yelling at people and have no way of getting help from the police?

And I wouldn't say European countries that ban hate symbols and hate speech are any less free than America.

In America it's already illegal to say certain things (direct threats for example).

gdt

Fuck yeah honestly. This dude was a nightmare on the bus and on the street. You wear that shit you are going to get fucked up.

Imagine someone walking around downtown in any American city in 1950 wearing that armband. They would've got got then and there.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Some idiot in the US with an armband = the literal Nazis of WWII era Germany?

Did the guy ask for it? Yes. Did he deserve it? Probably. Still think it's twisted how excited you guys get over this stuff.
Why else do you think someone would wear a nazi armband in the year 2017 and go around harassing minorities? What goals do you think they have in mind?
SbOhaBl.png

Oxn

Some of you are so fucking wet.
"oh no the violence, so unethical!" You make me sick.

If you see a Nazi then fucking smash their stupid heads into mush.

I hope to see more stories like this.

Im curious to know what youve done in the past.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What is this recent thing where people are surprised that displays of Nazism get met with violence? Skinhead Nazi in a bar probably going to get punched

SummitAve

Banned
no, violence against children would not be cool, but that isn't what happened here, now is it?

I wasn't replying about this specific incident? He stated that punching nazis is always cool. Apparently it isn't when I provided an example of violence against somebody who is purely a product of their environment. I'm not saying this person is that, it was just an example that was clearly contrary to his statement.

Yeah he's a shithead but this mob mentality plays into their narrative.

What fucking mob?

Who's narrative?

The Nazi got punched and fell down. It's a feel good moment. It's been a feel good moment in our society for fucking decades and it continues to be so.

sonicmj1

So a guy with a swastika armband went around trying to instigate a fight, and eventually succeeded.

Sounds like everything worked as it should. Maybe don't go around wearing a globally recognized symbol of hate and harassing people if you don't want to get punched in the face.

Yell at him if you wish, but surrounding him and sucker-punching him was wrong and something I'd expect out of the Alt-Right.

Antifa's actions will fuel the "both sides" nonsense and any effort for equality and peace will dissolve into random ambushes, like this one.

The Alt-Right will gain more from this than Antifa will. And not just on the street level. This shit is Cool-Aid for conservatives.

Trump/Fox/Alt-Righters will use this shit to their advantage.

It was a stupid move. Period.

Anyone who uses "both sides" argument automatically loses. No one is going to be that dumb. The guy is a nazi. Not just a random alt-right person... To claim both sides would be to defend a nazi. Even fox news isn't that dumb.

Sianos

What about violence against nazi children? Is that cool?
alternative post: what about nazi violence against children? is that cool?

should we allow people DIRECTLY STATING their intentions to commit genocide and throw children into furnaces to do so before retaliating?

I wasn't replying about this specific incident? He stated that punching nazis is always cool. Apparently it isn't when I provided an example of violence against somebody who is purely a product of their environment. I'm not saying this person is that, it was just an example that was clearly contrary to his statement.

yes, you can use definitions to find an edge case in which punching a "nazi" would be "bad", since violence against children is unequivocally bad and you can find a human specimen that could be accurately describes using conventional definitions as both "self-describes as a nazi" and "is a minor"

should my counter be that what if the nazi child in your hypothetical has a gun to a kind elderly jewish woman's head? we can make edge case hypotheticals back and forth all day

Come again?

i nominate to try and convince some self-proclaimed nazis that genocide is actually not okay

go forth, preferably in person since apparently you think nazis are non-violent

report back with results

Listen there's lots here to unpackage here:

A. punching a Nazi IMO, isn't inherently bad. Apparently even my original posting of this was missed by Sianos, so I'll restate.
B. It is possible for someone to exist and think violence in general, even against Nazis, isn't appropriate. That doesn't make them a clown or a Nazi themselves.
C. People on the right will use stuff like this to obfuscate and morally equivocate between the two groups. I look forward to my daily right wing radio listen on the way home doing just that.

I'm sorry I've provided some nuance to your otherwise fun filled thread about punching nazis.

The celebration of violence against this Nazi is absolutely disgusting and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

/s

"This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on harassment and bullying.
Learn more"

"This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on nudity or sexual content.
Learn more"

....Really now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom