• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armband-wearing Nazi roams Seattle instigating, gets KOed, removes armband and leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you be dancing in the streets about a "Nazi's" house being burned down? How about with him in it? I'm just wondering where we draw the line as far as celebrating violence.
We're getting close to "imagine this ISIS member had saved a blind dachs puppy, and knew a cure for cancer, would YOU really want senseless violence visited upon his home?"

You're pissing all over your slope trying to make it slippery, dude.

I'm genuinely ignorant on this: do modern Nazis actually want to *kill* the minorities, or just deport them?
After Heather Heyer's death at Charlottesville
MnONPz1.gif

Christopher Cantwell: "I think a lot more people are going to die before we're done here...People die violent deaths all the time. This is part of the reason we want an ethnostate."

He got knocked out dude. Big jump from murder.

And even then, these people's whole belief system is built around killing minorities. So forgive me if I don't feel bad for the guy.

Not that it would upset me if it happened, but the gap between a bare-knuckle knockout over concrete and murder is basically luck. It really isn't unheard of for a shot like that to end in death.

Lautaro

i love how people try to differentiate wwII nazi's with the wannabe Nazis today. Like people in the 1940's were from another planet or were robots.

They were people just like this asshole here, if he had power what do you think he would do?

Every American is taught from childhood what Nazis did and wanted to do. I'm not sure why people are defending this shit.

If anything there's the possibility many WWII nazis didn't knew about the camps and massacres.

Modern nazis "joke" all day about gassing people.

Is there a longer version of that video some where? I want to hear more of what the Nazi guy was saying before hand to people.

"I know the guy is dressed like a Nazi but I wish I knew what kinds of things he was saying. Maybe he was advocating for adopting puppies or donating to charity? I mean there's just so many things he might have been talking about and now we'll never know."

Eylos

Banned
I think I would feel a whole lot better about this if there was video of this guy screaming at people before hand.

The only video I see is of him being surrounded by other 4 or 5 people and getting punched in the face mid-sentence. All I heard was "they deserve the...(something?)...PUNCHED OUT"

It would go a long way in showing he actually deserved to get beaten right there on the street. Sure, the armband swastika is pretty bad in it's own right, but showing the guy mouthing off and spewing pure hate live in a video would make me personally feel a whole lot better about it.

Hopefully someone on the bus or train got video of this Nazi guy doing more than just sitting in a seat listening to music on his headphones. Because that'll be the narrative the Alt-Right uses in their propaganda. "Innocent man taking advantage of 1st amendment rights ruthlessly attacked by radical Antifa extremists blah blah blah shit". That's how it'll be spun - making him into the victim.

I assume he probably went back and forth with someone based on the armband he was wearing. I'd probably say something too to this clown if he's just walking down the street wearing that shit. But I ain't taking a swing at him unless he takes one at me. Having video evidence of him spewing hatred beforehand would go along way, though, in making me take a good swing at him. Especially if he was doing it right in my face.

Is there a longer version of that video some where? I want to hear more of what the Nazi guy was saying beforehand to people.

EDIT - looks like YouTube is taking them down.
This link is up

https://youtu.be/N-MdUZK0ylc

Instro

"I know the guy is dressed like a Nazi but I wish I knew what kinds of things he was saying. Maybe he was advocating for adopting puppies or donating to charity? I mean there's just so many things he might have been talking about and now we'll never know."

Nazi with a heart of gold.

you know it's really strange how people only seem to decry violence and envoke the slippery slope fallacy when it happens to nazis, but not anyone else.

Osukaa

He's a nazi. They did this:
maxresdefault.jpg

this guy was harassing people and very much would like to do the above considering he's wearing their symbols. Fuck him.

Thank you. People seem to forget how evil and hateful that symbol is. I don't see how anyone can defend that piece of shit or anyone who wears that symbol of hatred and genocide.

You Don't show sympathy to Evil. You knock it the fuck out. If you have family who's been through the holocaust or have heard any stories regarding what the Nazi's did and you still defend them then your just as bad. Go educate yourself on just how evil that symbol is and hopefully you'll understand why everyone here hates Nazi's.

Unrelated to the video but one thing we need to be careful about is a bully forcing their victims to look like Nazi so they can get punched but that's probably unrealistic.

Would you be dancing in the streets about a "Nazi's" house being burned down? How about with him in it? I'm just wondering where we draw the line as far as celebrating violence.
I don't think so. Both seem to go too far while being not nearly as satisfying as a good punch. Heroically punching Nazis specifically has been a part of the American consciousness for decades now.

Like even watching someone kicking a Nazi wouldn't be as good because it's not a punch.

TarNaru33

Banned
Not that it would upset me if it happened, but the gap between a bare-knuckle knockout over concrete and murder is basically luck. It really isn't unheard of for a shot like that to end in death.

It is important to realize you have to be REALLY unlucky and only a fraction of people die from a fist fight... so no, while it is possible, it is still nowhere near comparison.

Nokterian

I would feel sorry for that person if he wasn't a Nazi.

He's a Nazi though so I don't.

Never feel sorry for a nazi, white supremacist..never forget they killed millions and if they come to power look at the white house they will and can do another holocaust.

mnannola

No love lost for Nazi's, but not sure I like punching some dude just for talking shit. Was he an immediate threat to anyone?

Arcteryx

Damn are Nazis a problem in Seattle? I'm planning on moving there but I'm not built for repeated harassment from Nazis as I literally mind my own business and try to enjoy life without getting attacked. What are the sketchy areas where I may encounter neo nazis and alt rights?

Violence is never the answer and I don't condone this no matter what. It sucks to see dude get slumped no matter how long he harassed people. I wish there was way to have him arrested or some form of binding consequence that is not violent enough to deter others from similar actions.

I thought that area was safe, at least that's what it says from research online. I am legit scared because out of fear of one day losing my cool, responding in a negative manner, and getting caught up in some real life fuckery.

Not at all. This is the first I've heard of someone outright wearing an armband downtown.

The area this happened (3rd and Pine) is a shit show already, so it doesn't surprise me it happened there.

Az

I don't understand why Antifa keeps getting brought up. To me it seems like the dude would have been noticed by anyone, anywhere he was with that kind of armband. Just because some twitter dudes asked for him to get KO'd doesnt mean that they organized it. The other guy could easily be someone he harrassed. The way the nazi was behaving, he would get smacked, twitter or not.

Aselith

I don't understand why Antifa keeps getting brought up. To me it seems like the dude would have been noticed by anyone, anywhere he was with that kind of armband. Just because some twitter dudes asked for him to get KO'd doesnt mean that they organized it. The other guy could easily be someone he harrassed. The way the nazi was behaving, he would get smacked, twitter or not.

Because the right wants to demonize the people opposing their shitlord champions.

Breads

Banned
I'm genuinely ignorant on this: do modern Nazis actually want to *kill* the minorities, or just deport them?
They are literally killing people over their views, yes.

Their PR is crazy if there are still people out there who are still questioning their motives.

That's hella unrealistic.

Extremely unlikely, but I can see a group of teenagers slapping a Nazi sticker on their least likable friend in their group who is unaware about it. If such an unlikely case does happen, the best way is to ask the kid if they are aware of they are wearing and what it represents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom