• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armband-wearing Nazi roams Seattle instigating, gets KOed, removes armband and leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepenthe

Somewhere, Chamberlain is shaking his head as a whole new generation of people have learned nothing from his blunders. You don't negotiate with Nazis, you don't appease them, and you sure as shit never, ever normalise or give them a platform of any kind.

It only took 77 years for people to fucking forget the danger of Nazis strutting about freely. Just a few generations. We are absolute trash.

Mael

So which round are we in mental gymnastic?
Are we still trying to find reasons why the piece of toilet left-over after a roman orgy is somehow the victim here?

It only took 77 years for people to fucking forget the danger of Nazis strutting about freely. Just a few generations. We are absolute trash.

Oh we didn't really forget, it's really the same who would have been trying peace talk with Adolf fucking Hitler after having invaded Poland, Belgium and half of Europe.
Some people are somehow predisposed to being nazi sympathizers and don't really like being called as such.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
There is nothing wrong with me. I'm just trying to find if this newly found thirst for blood is coming from the nazi symbol itself or some retribution against the oppressed movement.

If you want to keep your witty one liners and insults to keep your echo chamber going be my guest.

I'm certainly not a racist or nazi sympathizer. That doesn't mean I have to approve the beating of morons wearing a nazi symbol on the street. This guy certainly didn't murder minorities according to the report in the OP nor is he poisoning people with Zyklon B. He's simply bullying people with a symbol. If you think violence against him is justified then you have to accept violence against similar people is justified. Where do you draw the line then?
At nazis.

Eylos

Banned
Its the nazi Minions doing this to the YouTube videos or its Google?

These videos to Go down are going way too fast

There is nothing wrong with me. I'm just trying to find if this newly found thirst for blood is coming from the nazi symbol itself or some retribution against the oppressed movement.

If you want to keep your witty one liners and insults to keep your echo chamber going be my guest.

I'm certainly not a racist or nazi sympathizer. That doesn't mean I have to approve the beating of morons wearing a nazi symbol on the street. This guy certainly didn't murder minorities according to the report in the OP nor is he poisoning people with Zyklon B. He's simply bullying people with a symbol. If you think violence against him is justified then you have to accept violence against similar people is justified. Where do you draw the line then?

I draw the line past Nazis.

We're talking about Nazis.

That's the conversation.

It is not difficult to follow.

This is not the thread for hypothetical what-ifs concerning other groups of a different mindset. This is specifically about Nazis. I repeat: Scrub them from this earth.

Shaanyboi

Banned

The fuck do you think Nazism implies?

He threw a banana peel and was harassing. He deserved to get decked. No one was hoping for his death, just enjoying civilian justice.

Ponn

Banned
Just curious so I have a question. Some of you would be ok with the guy being murdered simply because he was wearing the nazi symbol and was verbally bullying people and minorities right? So you would say extreme violence against bullies is fine?

Hmmm...I wonder if you put this much passion and thought into PoC actually getting murdered by cops instead of poor hypothetical Nazis.

Whether he was a legit Nazi (whatever that may be) or a facebook news fed tool bag who built up enough courage to go out and start harassing people as a Nazi...its all the same.

I wouldn't lose sleep over him being shot dead in the streets, have we forgotten how many people died almost the same way it worse because of horrible people that wore the same symbol?

I've said it before and Ill say it again, alot of people in this world need killing, all the snow flakes that don't like violence can chill out and turn away while braver men do the killing on your behalf so you can have that luxury of talking about it and not suffering it.

He's lucky he didn't try that shit in a different part of America he would probably be dead, but instead he's probably just rethinking his life choices and masturbating "violently"

Mael

He's lucky he only got to see the floor once.
I don't think we would lose that much in having all nazis disappear in a puff of shit.
They're nazis, it's literally the worse thing one can be.

You're not reading between the lines very well. I think a lot of people are hoping for that.

No one is hoping for his death, no one would be mourning his death however.
Heck no one should want the guy dead after that, why would we want the good guy to throw his life away for such scum?

Pizza

I don't think getting punched will cause him to like the race of the person that punched him. Now he's gonna look for revenge against the the race of the person who did it

The guy who did it was white tho, not aryan I guess.

No I don't think it'll make him less racist, but surely he had a sequence of events in the day(s) prior to lead him to go "let's cosplay as a nazi and go in public"

If I was responded by a KO punch, I'd at least reconsider part of my game plan. Maybe he'll just wear normal clothes and keep his racist bullshit for the internet instead of literally shouting it

Unless he was looking to get martyred in some circle somewhere I really hope he thinks about his choices.

333PKYOwTCCWfN4UoRON_god__thumbs_up.jpg

MUnited83

For you.

Blanket accusations now. Real classy.
Jesus christ, 46 pages and there's still idiots popping up with the dumb "where we draw the line" shit.
We draw the line at motherfucking Nazis, how about that.

Vamphuntr

Why do you keep downplaying what Nazis are and want to do?

Where did I downplay what Nazis are? I'm certainly not. My point is the same is that there is a difference between an idiot bullying people with a Nazi symbol and an actual WWII Nazi. I have zero issues myself with him getting beat up but I do fear the more violence we allow the more we will get accustomed to and the more we will allow.

Regardless of the man's political views, actively stalking and targeting a person for his political opinion is really sick. Anyone who celebrates this crime... Should be ashamed.

ISOM

Regardless of the man's political views, actively stalking and targeting a person for his political opinion is really sick. Anyone who celebrates this crime... Should be ashamed.

Yeah, people are going to be ashamed of fighting fucking Nazi's. Go peddle your moral superiority bullshit elsewhere.

jiiikoo

Banned
Where did I downplay what Nazis are? I'm certainly not. My point is the same is that there is a difference between an idiot bullying people with a Nazi symbol and an actual WWII Nazi. I have zero issues myself with him getting beat up but I do fear the more violence we allow the more we will get accustomed to and the more we will allow.

What exactly is the difference? A dipshit nazi in the 30's and 40's was a dipshit nazi, same as a dipshit nazi in the year 2017. There isn't a difference. Nazi is a nazi, no matter if you cover it in peanut butter.

Are you saying that given the chance to be in power, the nazis of today wouldn't be capable of the atrocities committed by the nazis in WW2? I for one, don't even want to take that chance.

Nepenthe

Fuck this slippery slope bullshit. More violence being allowed? Punching Nazis has always been a socially acceptable thing since we fucked them over in the war, in real life and in our media. It's only now that America has shown its hand concerning white supremacy with the last Presidential election that painted a whole bunch of "good white folk" in a shitty light that people want to pussyfoot around with Nazis' comfort in society.

Velcro Fly

The final form of white privilege is getting to walk around and be a literal NAZI and have people come out and defend your right to do it.

The final form of white privilege is getting to walk around and be a literal NAZI and have people come out and defend your right to do it.

Nah, if nazis got the edge they'll be jumping on the bandwagon full steam ahead. Fuck you I got mine, oh and don't hurt the nazis, debate them while I sit back and watch and then ride the bandwagon wooooo!

watershed

Banned

Kind of like how he was harassing black people on a bus and yelling at people on the street?

Mael

IDK man. Shits fucked, but violence isn't the answer. Nor is being a Nazi the answer.

And until there is a better answer kicking nazi's butts is still the most effective way to deal with them.
And GTFO with your false equivalence like violence against nazi is equivalent to being a nazi.
Hope your horse die so that you can step and live with the rest of us who don't exactly have a choice in dealing with this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom