• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMORED CORE VI: FIRES OF RUBICON |OT| Souls in the Shell

mortal

Gold Member

HyFiYfn.png
Hpbd9Ve.png

HyKdHtn.png
HpUJgx1.png
HyFUpsa.png
HyKNUgI.png

HyukORn.png

HyukjSt.png

HyIf62p.png

ARMORED-CORE-VI-17-4-K.png
ARMORED-CORE-VI-16-4-K.png
ARMORED-CORE-VI-18-4-K.png

ARMORED-CORE-VI-01-4-K.png
ARMORED-CORE-VI-02-4-K.png
ARMORED-CORE-VI-03-4-K.png

ARMORED-CORE-VI-05-4-K.png
ARMORED-CORE-VI-04-4-K.png
ARMORED-CORE-VI-06-4-K.png

ARMORED-CORE-VI-07-4-K.png
ARMORED-CORE-VI-08-4-K.jpg
ARMORED-CORE-VI-09-4-K.png

ARMORED-CORE-VI-10-4-K.png
ARMORED-CORE-VI-11-4-K.png
ARMORED-CORE-VI-12-4-K.png

ARMORED-CORE-VI-14-4-K.png
ARMORED-CORE-VI-13-4-K.png
ARMORED-CORE-VI-15-4-K.png

HyJZHX9.png

HyJZJse.png

HyIfr4R.png

🌹OT title suggested by John Bilbo John Bilbo

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Armored-Core-VI-Logo.png

• Text Version •

GENERAL INFO

Asset-4.png

Modes — Single-Player, Online PvP
Genres — Action, Third-person shooter
Developer — FromSoftware
Publisher — Bandai Namco, FromSoftware
Platforms — PC, PS4 + PS5, Xbox One + Xbox Series X|S
Rating — Teen | PEGI 12 | CERO C
Release Date — August 25, 2023

DEVELOPMENT STAFF

Asset-4.png

Director
Masaru Yamamura

Producer
Yasunori Ogura

Composer
Kota Hoshino

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Asset-4.png

MINIMUMRECOMMENDED
OS *Windows 10
CPUIntel Core i7-4790K
Intel Core i5-8400
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Intel Core i7-7700
Intel Core i5-10400
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MEMORY12GB RAM12GB RAM
GPUNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 4 GB
AMD Radeon RX 480, 4 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 6GB
AMD Radeon RX 590, 8GB
Intel Arc A750, 8GB
GPU + RAYTRACING **NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 6GB
AMD Radeon RX 6600, 8GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2070, 8GB
AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT,
8GB Intel Arc A770, 16GB
DirectXVersion 12Version 12
STORAGE60 GB60 GB
SOUND CARDWindows Compatible Audio DeviceWindows Compatible Audio Device
* [Requires a 64-bit processor & operating system]
** [Raytracing settings are applied only in the Garage]

PERFORMANCE + RESOLUTION

Asset-4.png

PS4PS4 ProPS5XB1 (XB1 S)XB1 XXBS SXBS XPC
MAX RESOLUTIONUp to 1920 X 1080Up to 3200 X 1800Up to 3840 X 2160Up to 1600 X 900Up to 3840 X 2160Up to 2560 X 1440Up to 3840 X 2160Up to 3840 X 2160
FRAMERATEUp to 30fpsUp to 30fpsUp to 60fpsUp to 30fpsUp to 30fpsUp to 60fpsUp to 60fpsUp to 120fps
HDR✅✅✅-✅✅✅✅
RAYTRACING*--✅--✅✅✅
ULTRAWIDE-------✅
* [Raytracing settings are applied only in the Garage]

OVERVIEW

Asset-4.png

FEED THE FIRE. LET THE LAST CINDERS BURN.

A mysterious new substance known as Coral was discovered on the remote planet, Rubicon 3.
As an energy source, this substance was expected to dramatically advance humanity’s technological and communication capabilities.
Instead, it caused a catastrophe that submerged the planet and surrounding stars in flames and raging storms, forming a Burning Star System.

Nearly half a century has passed since the calamity dubbed the "Fire of Ibis.”The reappearance of Coral has sparked fierce competition among interstellar corporations and resistance groups,
all vying to seize control of this valuable resource for their own benefit.

WELCOME BACK, RAVEN.

You are augmented Human C4-621, aka 621, a mercenary AC (Armored Core) pilot.
In servitude to the infamous Handler Walter, you have undergone extensive biological and cybernetic operations that have augmented your piloting skills, limiting your ability to experience human emotions.

Assuming the callsign Raven, you are tasked with retrieving newly surfaced Coral on Rubicon 3 by any means necessary.

COMBAT

Asset-4.png

MASTER YOUR ARSENAL. DOMINATE THE BATTLEFIELD.

Pilot your AC (Armored Core) in deadly, omnidirectional encounters, taking advantage of your AC’s mobility both on land and in the air to ensure victory across massive stages.
  • Overwhelm enemies with up to 4 weapons simultaneously, equipped to each arm and shoulder.
  • Deploy a wide variety of offensive and defensive tactics at close and long range to take down powerful enemy bosses.
  • Use Boost & Assault Boost to take the fight to the air, extending combat dimensions beyond the surface.

GARAGE

Asset-4.png

CUSTOMIZE ACs TO YOUR PLAYSTYLE.

While in the Garage, Purchase and equip your preferred parts via a robust customization system that can dramatically alter your strategy, maneuverability, and combat style as the action intensifies.
  • Assembly lets you exchange various parts of your AC at will, Ranging from weapons to internal parts for power management, boosters, legs, and more. Assembling an AC to fit your own playstyle and strategy is crucial to success.
  • Make cosmetic adjustments to your ACs using a selection of design tools for paint, texture, decals, & weathering. Combine preset pieces to create original images using the built-in image editor
  • Save and load AC assemblies and cosmetic settings using AC Data. While online, upload the settings you have created to receive a Share ID that can be shared with other players or download other players' shared settings.

MEDIA

Asset-4.png

REVEAL TRAILER

STORY TRAILER

GAMEPLAY_A

GAMEPLAY_B

GAMEPLAY_C

LAUNCH TRAILER

EXTENDED MEDIA + GUIDES

Asset-4.png

The Comprehensive Beginner's Guide to Armored Core VI

Ultimate Assembly Guide: How to Build and Test ACs

Complete S-Rank Guide

Armored Core Lore

REVIEWS THREAD

Last edited:

John Bilbo

Cool OT!

I'm liking the game so far. I've only played the first one earlier this year so my information is kinda limited. I like the similarities between VI and the first one though. Customization is key and great.

I don't know yet what to think about the checkpoints. Also I don't know if debt and "Human plus" play a part in this game like they did in the first one.

Played for about an hour last night, damn that helicopter had me fucked up

geary geary controller is def the way to go, tried kbm after having controller issues and there are just too many twitch movements and actions to be done

Last edited:

Bry0

Cool OT!

I'm liking the game so far. I've only played the first one earlier this year so my information is kinda limited. I like the similarities between VI and the first one though. Customization is key and great.

I don't know yet what to think about the checkpoints. Also I don't know if debt and "Human plus" play a part in this game like they did in the first one.
I don’t think you can get into debt here. You don’t have to pay after quitting. Expenses just reduce your earnings after a mission complete. This is honestly a very forgiving AC game with the checkpoints and lack of debt. I really dig being able to go into assembly at checkpoints though.

Bry0

OT title while nice and creative, is grossly misleading :messenger_grinning_sweat:

So many are gonna be in for quite the rude awakening :messenger_grinning_sweat:
The amount of “tutorial boss is badly designed I’m refunding, this isn’t like soulsborne” comments I am seeing online is giving me life. It’s the funniest stuff. I feel like a god in this game compared to sekiro where I was always getting dunked on lmao. A from game I finally don’t suck at. So happy AC is back.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Outstanding OT work as always,

The game is a good break from the Souls formula for people looking for a great game but with the modern FromSoftware seal of quality, i highly recommend it for mecha lovers and people who like balanced hard games, i strongely recommend you avoid it if you are a gaming journalist.

SJRB

Gold Member
Super early impressions, PC version:

- runs great
- cool music
- awesome atmosphere
- game is quite ugly from an image quality point of view. The water and overall textures look super dated
- controls take some time getting used to
- first boss is kicking my ass
- having an audio bug that hasn't resolved itself with reloading checkpoints, but I don't want to quit out mid-mission because I don't know if progress is saved.

GC_DALBEN

Im loving it, i dont like some things about the game, the major problem is the short missions, a lot of briefing for "nothing".

Draugoth

Gold Member

The secret is to change your Build, depending on his weakness you will melt him.

This isnt like other games on the market where higher difficulties are just devs changing the enemy parameter sliders.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Super early impressions, PC version:

- runs great
- cool music
- awesome atmosphere
- game is quite ugly from an image quality point of view. The water and overall textures look super dated
- controls take some time getting used to
- having an audio bug that hasn't resolved itself with reloading checkpoints, but I don't want to quit out mid-mission because I don't know if progress is saved.

I wonder if reshade and the likes of Marty McFly RTGI can help a bit here

SJRB

Gold Member
The secret is to change your Build, depending on his weakness you will melt him.

I mean the intro boss, the helicopter. But having no audio because of the bug probably doesn't help.

First impressions are solid but it's not immediately blowing me away like other FROM games usually do. Game doesn't even have a dope intro cinematic.

I mean the intro boss, the helicopter. But having no audio because of the bug probably doesn't help.

First impressions are solid but it's not immediately blowing me away like other FROM games usually do. Game doesn't even have a dope intro cinematic.
Just wait. The dopamine hits start coming.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Only real complain i have is that we don't have a photo mode outside of the garage. It would help to have an option to disable the HUD.

Otherwise an epic start but to easy early on. I hope this ramps up significantly.

Best part so far is the freedom of build you have. The whole trial and error process is very good and quickly executed.

I'm having a blast!

I lost to the tutorial boss half a dozen times last night before giving up and going to bed. How embarrassing. I know the melee attack is the way to go, but the chopper moves a ton and fast and even max boosting it can be hard to catch up and if I do it's likely through a hail of bullets and missiles.

What super obvious things am I missing? Tutorial boss should not be whooping me like this.

ranmafan

Been playing most of the day. So far, just excellent. Everything running smooth and wow the feel of control over the cores are so good. Bosses have been a nice challenge but thankfully they are fair and not so hard to figure out yet. So nice to have a new mech game to play and enjoy.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I lost to the tutorial boss half a dozen times last night before giving up and going to bed. How embarrassing. I know the melee attack is the way to go, but the chopper moves a ton and fast and even max boosting it can be hard to catch up and if I do it's likely through a hail of bullets and missiles.

What super obvious things am I missing? Tutorial boss should not be whooping me like this.
Wait for it to change position then go near it and boost to it and then slash. Fire rockets in air and then go back down. Repeat.

Also you can dodge in the air while assault boosting by moving the left stick.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

Go to the left and onto the building from the AC wreck. From there you immediately jump onto him when he enters the zone to get a free attack. Then back out while firing everything you have at him. Hide behind the buildings when he shoots the rockets if you struggle. Make sure you at least stay away from the ground when he shoots them because the blast radius is huge. Dodging, while on the ground is not enough.

And then you jump back at him for a melee attack. Either climb up onto a building or use the boost. It's just a matter of getting the timing down.

Bartski

Gold Member
Chapter 2. Dual rail gun ftw, its so much fun just replaying missions to check different loadouts. BTW Tank legs feel like cheating, its close to 200% health boost and as much as I prefer a light and agile builds I'm getting wrecked unless I go heavy. Skill issue I think but I'm getting the hang of it

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Chapter 2. Dual rail gun ftw, its so much fun just replaying missions to check different loadouts. BTW Tank legs feel like cheating, its close to 200% health boost and as much as I prefer a light and agile builds I'm getting wrecked unless I go heavy. Skill issue I think but I'm getting the hang of it
Are you replaying the first mission for money? I am just a few missions in and was wondering whether it's worth farming that mission.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

I suspect that like most FROM games I think that this looks cool, but I wouldn't enjoy the gameplay myself. I still want to try it though.

I can't start the game on PC.

Getting an error (30005). I don't know what to do. it says something about Easy Anti Cheat not working and I should disable stack protection?

Last edited:
Anyone tried it with KB&M? How is compared with controller?
Have played AC on pad from the beginning. First time on KBM with AC and its superior to pad. Worth the initial discomfort.

Tone, presentation, style and audio are all very OG AC. On the fence with the gameplay. Everything feels a lot "lighter". Less weight and less mechanical feel behind the movement. It actually feels good, but feels a bit off compared to traditional AC. Feels like boost management is less important now, too - maybe im wrong in that. Movement and energy management seem way more accesible in general.

Loving the boost cancel / blade cancels, though. Its like wave dashing in AC lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom