• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

JCH!

Made a amazon japan account and got the digital arms, but now I'm stuck in pending verification. I hope it doesn't take to long. Anyone else ever. Run into this?

I've been waiting a bit over an hour now. I'm just gonna go to bed and hope it's ready tomorrow morning.

JJShadow

He's hard when you get to higher difficulty levels. I'd say his level 4 difficulty is about the same as Party Match, but level 7 is much harder in Grand Prix.

Oh yeah, I imagine he must be quite tough at level 7, talking about level 4 here

Robiin

Curving is important, but not as important as some would have you believe, IMO. You can still curve on controller, just not as well as you can with motion controls. I do think it gives motion controls an advantage, but with the defensive play that seems to be emerging at higher levels of play, it's not nearly as important. We'll have to see how the meta evolves as people get better at the game.

Thanks. I'm gonna get this game then!

ryanofcall

Fun fact:
I just switched (höhö) from CH to UK eShop a few hours ago (I'll move to UK soon also the prices on CH eshop are usually 15$-20$ higher than physical releases in Switzerland - I know ridiculous).
I had no funds. So I didn't lose anything with the region/country-switch.
Now I thought well I could swap back to DE which is probably just as cheap and one hour ahead of time compaired to UK. Meaning it's midnight and I can download it.
But then it told me I had funds on my UK account. I checked and I have indeed 7£... from nowhere!

edit: It's out now in the Swiss/German shop... but I HAVE 7£ NOW! Well... going to wait another hour then.

JJShadow

When you win a Party Match with a 75% health handicap

tenor.gif

JJShadow

Is anyone having trouble with level 4 Grand Prix? I'm getting a good whopping from it.

Just give it time till you get the hang of the game again. I had a really hard time when I cleared it for the first time with Spring Man, but today I breezed through it with Ribbon Girl and Ninjara

Dipship31

So I think I figured out everything on the JP Amazon store and I placed the order and now it's showing this:

hpdVb0l.jpg

Sounds like that's normal to stay there for a while?

Chauzu

I did level 4 Grand Prix earlier, lost like 4 times before final boss (which took quite a few tries tho). Guess I'm a little bit better than I thought.

Is anyone having trouble with level 4 Grand Prix? I'm getting a good whopping from it.

Oh yes. It's no joke. I've managed to get to the final boss but after getting my ass handed to me 10 times now I've decided to take a brake.

Maybe I should have tried a lower level to start off..

Dipship31

Now it's showing this from Amazon:

ZzIaCTJ.jpg

So I take it the next step is just waiting for the e-mail with the code right? I'm probably good to close that page?

molnizzle

Now it's showing this from Amazon:

ZzIaCTJ.jpg

So I take it the next step is just waiting for the e-mail with the code right? I'm probably good to close that page?

Yeah. You might need to click a "verify paying method" button in an email. I had to do that twice before it finally went through.

molnizzle

I haven't gotten any email yet. It's just been verifying for over an hour now :(
I just want to throw some fists at fools already

All in all it took me like 2-3 hours before I had my code.

We're getting close to the point where it's probably faster to wait for U.S. unlock at 9 PM pacific. Not quite there yet though. ;-)

jts

...hate me...
In grand prix lvl 4 (playing with Twintelle) I had the most trouble with Byte & Barq (1st level), then Ninjara down by the middle and finally 3-4 attempts in the very final do defeat
Hedlok

Funnily enough didn't have any trouble with
Max Brass
. 2-0 first try.

molnizzle

I'm starting to realize that the trick to Grand Prix is to get a decent life lead and then turtle until time runs out. 😎

In grand prix lvl 4 (playing with Twintelle) I had the most trouble with Byte & Barq (1st level), then Ninjara down by the middle and finally 3-4 attempts in the very final do defeat
Hedlok

Funnily enough didn't have any trouble with
Max Brass
. 2-0 first try.

But what about
Hedlok?

kowhai

Just going through the training and I love everything I've seen so far. Really excited to dig into it properly. I'm usually rubbish at fighters but feel that this is one I'll want to learn fully.

DrDogg

The issue with Grand Prix AI is that it plays very defensively, especially as you get to higher levels. I have any article on how to beat Grand Prix (with video), but I can't post it until midnight ET.

Basically just play defensively and let the AI attack first and it should be much easier for you. I had no issues with level 4 Grand Prix but if you attack first it's definitely harder. Wasn't until level 6-7 that it starts to get kind of dumb.

I'll be putting all of my strategy articles here, including character guides that will be coming out very soon.

13ruce

Banned
Game is send :) see ya all tommorow online btw the dlc stages and new character looked awesome cant wait for that the more stages, arms and characters the better.

jts

...hate me...
But what about
Hedlok?

As I said, took me about 3-4 attempts :p

In hindsight, I'm pretty sure it was 4. In the first 2 attempts I actually won the 1st round each time, and on the first attempt the 3rd round could go to anyone, it was heartbreaking.

Definitely made me reach whole new levels of button bashing to spam attacks :D

Can't imagine how it is in higher difficulty levels...

Top Bottom